The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I know I read in Bazaar or Vogue that JAR is one of her favorite jewelers. Her husband bought her the large loop diamond earrings from there for her 4th child. The ones she wore for Danish celebration have that look of JAR. (although in the last 5 years everyone is copying him) So I'd say that is where alot comes from. Since he is an appt only jeweler and you have to be very "flush" to even get an invite, that sounds like the kind of place she would be able to go!
Could you please direct me to a picture of this large loop diamond earrings? Is it any of the earrings on post 78 that Humera posted? Thanks.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Its post 81 from you! You called them ribbon earrings but in article MC calls them large loop earrings. Love them!!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Its post 81 from you! You called them ribbon earrings but in article MC calls them large loop earrings. Love them!!
Thanks for that! See she has other loop - which to me means hoop - earrings too with tiny diamonds hanging dangling on the length of the hoop.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes, they have what looks like a purple sapphire and blue and white diamond accents. this is classic JAR, thats why I thought maybe they were from the same jeweler. Love them. the pave ball diamond earrings and bracelet set in dark rhodium also have that same look to me, but who knows. I wish there was more info on her incredible gems!

OOPS, I think you are talking about the large loop with the diamonds hanging down in line? I jumped to fast and didn't pay attention...sorry. Don't know anything about those except that I want them badly~!!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Those earrings M-C wore with Queen Frederika's tiara are doorknockers and competed too much with its size and ornateness.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

They made for an interesting union, I'd agree Baroness.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

That's the reason I think she got that tiara when she got to Denmark. Those earrings distract from the Frederika tiara. MC doesn't usually make that kind of mistake with accessories. I think that tiara was given to her as a surprise.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
That's the reason I think she got that tiara when she got to Denmark. Those earrings distract from the Frederika tiara. MC doesn't usually make that kind of mistake with accessories. I think that tiara was given to her as a surprise.
Yes, this is what came to my mind too. Her earrings were a great match to the fringe tiara. She wore her diamond ball earrings at church earlier in the day which wouldn't have matched Frederika's tiara either so she had to repeat the pink/blue diamond hoops. (I'm thinking they are kunzite and tanzanite for the stones since JAR has used this combination of stones before).

The diamond ball earrings is probably from JAR too. This is a similar one that sold at a Christie's auction back in 2003: - Forbes.com
Or this could be the ones that she wears. I first noticed her wearing these ball earrings at the King of Sweden's 60th birthday, but not sure when she wore them for the first time.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

If the tiara was given to M-C as a surprise, do you think her father bought it for her and arranged that she be given it in Denmark for the Jubilee festivities?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting guess Baroness, I hadn't thought of that but it does seem reasonable.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Nobility

The tiara has always belonged to the Greek royal family, this was part of the crown jewels, it was not owned by Queen Federika, it was owned by the Crown. Queen Anne-Marie has never used it, because the tiara does not conform to her head and hair, there are people who say that this is an old tiara model because it is very high, and after I see it at the Princess Marie Chantal, I think it is true, I think the crown should be modified to adapt to new designs in jewelry
Old 01-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Courtier

These are the diamond earrings MC wore the eve of Nikolaos and Tatiana's wedding:

Photo cropped

She's worn this for quite some time.

I was very surprised to see a pair of similar earrings that was owned by Elizabeth Taylor and auctioned by Christie's at their online auction:

Photo courtesy of Christie's.

Link to Christie's: A PAIR OF DIAMOND AND WHITE GOLD EAR PENDANTS | all Auction</li> | earrings, diamond | Christie's

It's the same size and design as MC's. The only difference is the design in the middle is attached to the bottom of the almond frame on Taylor's, while MC's is missing one element at the very bottom, allowing it to dangle within the frame.

On Christie's, they don't identify where ET bought her earrings, but I wonder if they are from the same designer.

Can anyone identify a designer for this pair of earrings?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Your pictures are super Ayvee! I will search some sights and look. We know MC buys high end so that should help us.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Courtier

This is another pair of JAR earrings that MC is wearing:
http://theroyalcorrespondent.files.w...1/paris2-4.jpg
Photo from this link: HRH Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece at the Chanel Haute Couture Fashion Show in Paris - Princess Marie Chantal - Zimbio

Notice the two different shades of green.

Well, what do you know? The Collection of Elizabeth Taylor auction also had the same exact pair of earrings with two shades of green.

photo from Christie's

Link to Christie's: A PAIR OF ALUMINIUM EAR CLIPS, BY JAR | Jewelry Auction</li> | Jewelry, earrings | Christie's
The estimate was US$1000-$2000 and sold for US$43,750.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to suppose that the provenance of these earrings is what's driving the price up for aluminum.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

"Hola" La princesa Marie Chantal y la tiara hallada

Google Traduttore
Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee
Can anyone identify a designer for this pair of earrings?
I can't answer your question, but I have to say I love these earrings on MC. They look magnificent!! Thanks for all the info!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like that central element to the earrings; adds additional spark to the whole look, I can imagine.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Antique Corsage Tiara

I think I read somewhere that she got the Fringe tiara as a wedding gift.If she did,I wonder why she did not wear that one instead of this small one.Though,I do love that tiara.It's very pretty.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I love how MC wore it in the third photo; her hairstyle is gorgeous and really displayed the tiara so well.

Tags
crown princess pavlos, jewellery, marie chantal, princess marie chantal, princess pavlos