Marie Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like MC wore a necklace draped on her head. Since it didn't seem to be set on a frame, I won't call it a bandeau. I find it really strange that she didn't wear a proper tiara.

Theodora wore the antique corsage tiara, so she couldn't borrow that one. But at one Swedish event Theodora wore Alexia's tiara, so that Tatiana could have the antique corsage tiara. And since MC is the Crown Princess, I don't understand why Anne-Marie wouldn't lend her one of her bigger tiaras. It just doesn't make sense to me. Why would the Greek Crown Princess wear a flimsy necklace draped in her hair, while four of the family's tiaras (Queen Sophie's diamonds, ruby, emerald and Alexia's tiara) stayed unused in the vault?

The Khedive and the antique corsage tiara are Anne-Marie's property. The emerald tiara and the ruby tiara have so far be worn only by her as the Queen. But at some poiint there will be no Queen anymore so who would get to wear this tiaras then.

Somehow A-M gives me a feeling that she wouldn't pass the queen jewels to M-C (or any other major royal jewels to her children) in future, I don't know why.

It looks like MC wore a necklace draped on her head. Since it didn't seem to be set on a frame, I won't call it a bandeau. I find it really strange that she didn't wear a proper tiara.

Theodora wore the antique corsage tiara, so she couldn't borrow that one. But at one Swedish event Theodora wore Alexia's tiara, so that Tatiana could have the antique corsage tiara. And since MC is the Crown Princess, I don't understand why Anne-Marie wouldn't lend her one of her bigger tiaras. It just doesn't make sense to me. Why would the Greek Crown Princess wear a flimsy necklace draped in her hair, while four of the family's tiaras (Queen Sophie's diamonds, ruby, emerald and Alexia's tiara) stayed unused in the vault?

The Ruby and the Emerald, like Stefan said, have only worn by A-M as a queen, maybe A-M want to hold on to her principle of royal jewels. Alexia's tiara is Alexia's property so it's not necessary for her to borrow it to someone else. And I still doubt that does Queen Sophie's diamonds still belong to the Greeks.

Yes her headpiece is like a necklace tied around her head, not even a headband:bang:. What makes me feel strange is that even if her family in law don't loan her any piece she still can borrow/purchase one from jewellers. Maybe she just realized her daughter is already old enough to wear a tiara at the last minute so she had to return the Fringe to her and grabbed a random necklace as her own......"tiara", just saying, it's the only reasonable explanation I can think of:lol:.

Last edited:
Somehow A-M gives me a feeling that she wouldn't pass the queen jewels to M-C (or any other major royal jewels to her children) in future, I don't know why.

What else would she do with them, though, other than pass them on to her children?

Given the too few Greek Tiara events I was hoping to see the Crown Princess wearing one,the non tiara is bizarre perhaps she'll tell us on twitter ;)

Non-tiara - ? I love that! Well, she didn't mind borrowing a tiara (probably from a jeweler) for Fred and Mary's wedding. So she basically knows how that works.

And I completely understand that Queen Anne-Marie doesn't want to share all of her tiaras. But currently she's keeping three of her four tiaras to herself. OK, she lends out the Khedive to brides, but apart from that? So why not letting her long-term daughter-in-law let it wear once? Or the ruby tiara, while keeping the emeralds for herself?

Anyway, I don't think that the diamond tiara from Queen Sophie was a loan from outside the family. A few years ago a few knowledgeable people shared their information on other boards, saying that family members had confirmed to them that the tiara was still in the family. One of them was the noted jewels author Bjarne Steen Jensen. But it's such a whopper, that it was probably deemed too much for this occasion.

Non-tiara - ? I love that! Well, she didn't mind borrowing a tiara (probably from a jeweler) for Fred and Mary's wedding. So she basically knows how that works.

And I completely understand that Queen Anne-Marie doesn't want to share all of her tiaras. But currently she's keeping three of her four tiaras to herself. OK, she lends out the Khedive to brides, but apart from that? So why not letting her long-term daughter-in-law let it wear once? Or the ruby tiara, while keeping the emeralds for herself?

Anyway, I don't think that the diamond tiara from Queen Sophie was a loan from outside the family. A few years ago a few knowledgeable people shared their information on other boards, saying that family members had confirmed to them that the tiara was still in the family. One of them was the noted jewels author Bjarne Steen Jensen. But it's such a whopper, that it was probably deemed too much for this occasion.

I think a lot of this may be down to family dynamics. M-C is probably quite hard work, and may have burnt her bridges, as she very publicly did with the Spanish royal family recently.

Judging from the comments made by a lady on the latest post made by Marie-Chantal on Instagram, her luggage got lost while travelling to Copenhagen . The lady was at JFK Airport 5 days ago (yes, I've been snooping). If so it could be that MC had a tiara ready for the celebrations but that it got lost with the luggage.

Last edited:
Judging from the comments made by a lady on the latest post made by Marie-Chantal on Instagram, her luggage got lost while travelling to Copenhagen . The lady was at JFK Airport 5 days ago (yes, I've been snooping). If so it could be that MC had a tiara ready for the celebrations but that it got lost with the luggage.
A tiara in checked in baggage? I think not!

A tiara in checked in baggage? I think not!
You check in everything these days - valuables, dogs etc...
Years ago Archduke Karl of Austria got into trouble with Swiss authorities because he had failed to declare a tiara he had in his luggage.
Sarah of York had her platinum parure stolen from her luggage.
While I'm sure there are secure ways to bring valuables with you on a plane if for instance your luggage is mislabelled it'll go where the label says.

Last edited:
You check in everything these days - valuables, dogs etc...
Years ago Archduke Karl of Austria got into trouble with Swiss authorities because he had failed to declare a tiara he had in his luggage.
Sarah of York had her platinum parure stolen from her luggage.
Your examples demonstrate the point I was makibg: checked bags can a day do get lost. Most sensible people would carry their jewellery with them in their handbag

Your examples demonstrate the point I was makibg: checked bags can a day do get lost. Most sensible people would carry their jewellery with them in their handbag
I doubt that any airline these days would allow someone to bring a heavy metal object with potentially sharp edges as carry on.

I don't see what's sensible about having to empty your bag in front of everyone in the safety check because the metal detector goes off.

Last edited:
That is an interesting theory, JR76. But MC and family have been in Copenhagen a few days before the event, so the luggage would have got lost for several days, which doesn't happen so very often. Most of the time it turns up a day later, or so.

Also I'm not so convinced that such valuables really aren't permitted in the hand luggage. Hand luggage is x-rayed, and a tiara would probably be clearly identifiable on the monitor. It's difficult to imagine that a tiara would be considered a dangerous object. I'm familiar with flying first class. So I wonder, if there are separate security checks for VIP passengers, so that they don't have to queue up with the regular bunch of passengers? There probably is a discrete way to get your jewels on board.

For me Queen Sophie Tiara was obviously too "big gun" for the event and MC just chose an alternative.

I thought MC and fam seemed to use private jets more often than not

According to Billed Bladet, the 'tiara' at the 40th birthday of CP Frederik was a diamond necklace that she received from Pavlos at the birth of Achileas-Andreas. If I understand the article correctly, they claim that she had set the necklace on a frame to wear on the head.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...de-til-frederiks-foedselsdag-nyt-smukt-diadem

Well, I don't see a frame, but just a necklace wound around the hair. To me it seems to curve unevenly around the head, which must mean that there is no frame to keep it in shape. Also, I think that it is a peridot and diamond necklace, as I can clearly see light green stones in it.

I still find the whole story strange. If her daughter is old enough now to wear the tiara which was accquired for her - this is not coming from one day to another. Also I understand, M-C comes from a very wealthy family - and there are tiaras auctioned quite frequently now, so she could have looked for one secretly for quite some time. I can understand that the huge diamond tiara from Queen Sophie/Frederike was felt to be over the top but a nice new addition to the family jewels (something like CP Mary had done) would be considered not too extravagant. Unless they still feel because of the Greek economy they should not do it ..... like the Spanish RF did for years with the new Ansorena for Q L.

Last edited:
I still find the whole story strange. If her daughter is old enough now to wear the tiara which was accquired for her - this is not coming from one day to another. Also I understand, M-C comes from a very wealthy family - and there are tiaras auctioned quite frequently now, so she could have looked for one secretly for quite some time. I can understand that the huge diamond tiara from Queen Sophie/Frederike was felt to be over the top but a nice new addition to the family jewels (something like CP Mary had done) would be considered not too extravagant. Unless they still feel because of the Greek economy they should not do it ..... like the Spanish RF did for years with the new Ansorena for Q L.
The state of the Greek economy has no impact on the spending or perceived spending of M-C and family. They are not answerable to the Greek people.

Not sure how many Danish tiara events they are likely to be invited to. They are certainly unlikey to be invited to any Spanish events in the future.

T They are certainly unlikey to be invited to any Spanish events in the future.

Certainly not to tiara Events in Spain as they only wear their tiaras for State Banquets there

Certainly not to tiara Events in Spain as they only wear their tiaras for State Banquets there

I think it's more in reference to Marie Chantal publicly insulting Letizia on Twitter.

Having publicly insulted the Queen, I ding see M-C setting foot on any Spanish royal event for a very long time.

The state of the Greek economy has no impact on the spending or perceived spending of M-C and family. They are not answerable to the Greek people.

Not sure how many Danish tiara events they are likely to be invited to. They are certainly unlikey to be invited to any Spanish events in the future.

Indeed there is no evidence that would suggest that the crown princely fsmily takes the greek economy into account in their specnding patterns.

I do expect them to attend quite a few more tiara events in the future as the Greek royals are invited to most family events and bigger state occassions and the Danes love to include tiara events on such occassions.

Last edited:
I see Frederik's big birthday bash as a sign that he wants to continue big tiara events for milestone birthdays during his future reign. So MC will have occasion to wear a tiara once in a while. But these events are rather scarce, so she might prefer to spend her money on other things than buying another tiara.

Perhaps we might see it at Margrethe II of Denmark 80th Birthday in 2 years?

Why did the Princess wear This tiara only twice ? Is she the owner ??

Why did the Princess wear This tiara only twice ? Is she the owner ??

CP Marie-Chantal is the only person who has worn it since the days of Queen Friederike .

Personally I think it should be reserved for the queen bit she has never worn it.

Do we know if Fredericka left it to her oldest grandson? Perhaps she thought that Anne Marie, as a Danish Princess, came into the Greek fold with enough jewelry and was going to have access to the emeralds? JMHO

Do we know if Fredericka left it to her oldest grandson? Perhaps she thought that Anne Marie, as a Danish Princess, came into the Greek fold with enough jewelry and was going to have access to the emeralds? JMHO
As Mbruno mentioned above, it is not known who the current owner is, nor to whom Frederika left the tiara. I think she might have left it to Pavlos in order to skip inheritance taxes for one generation. But this is only my speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom