Malaysian Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The royal family of Pahang has worn some interesting jewelry at investiture ceremonies in the past couple of days.

August 14th

King Abdullah with his five daughters. Tengku Puteri Ilisha (second from the left) is wearing the emerald necklace that was previously worn by Princess Iman. It looks like a replica of Princess Faiza of Egypt’s Van Cleef & Arpels necklace. - pic

Tengku Puteri Afzan wearing emeralds, Queen Azizah wearing sapphires, and Tengku Puteri Jihan wearing diamonds - pic

King Abdullah and Queen Azizah with all of their children, children-in-law, and grandchildren - pic

August 17
Queen Azizah wore the Gendik Diraja Tiara, the Kalung Diraja Necklace, and several butterfly brooches - pic

Tengku Puteri Jihan wore an elaborate necklace with diamonds, pearls, and light blue gemstones - pic

Tengku Puteri Afzan wore a carved emerald necklace - pic

Puteri Suraiya wore a diamond necklace and earrings - pic

King Abdullah and Queen Azizah with their daughters and daughter-in-law - pic

Queen of Malaysia’s Aquamarine Tiara

A few years ago, after I published an article on the Tiara of Lady Saltoun, Her Majesty The Queen of Malaysia reached out and told me about her identical Aquamarine and Diamond Tiara, and then went into the vault, where she sent images of the Tiara and its case, which was stamped Carrington & Co*by appointment to King Edward VII*and Queen Alexandra, dating the piece to between 1901 and 1910.

Today, after the article on the Tiara was published, Her Majesty told me that she has seen comments that this Tiara is a fake or a copy of the Saltoun Tiara that she had made at Garrard and thus she wanted me to clarify that the Tiara was acquired by Sultanah Nora of Johor, the consort of the Queen’s grandfather, Sultan Ismail of Johor,*at Hennell in London quite a few years ago, before being bought by Queen Azizah herself from her ‘Auntie Nora’. She said ‘I love the Tiara, even if its a copy … but its not a fake for sure’

The Queen of Malaysia seems to be a great jewel lover and I am glad she is sharing the information online, with you and with all the readers of your blog. Quite a privilege!

It could be that two copied were made of the same tiara. This is not irregular, it happened for example for the Pearl Poiré tiara that the Danish Queen is now wearing. Pss Marianne of The Netherlands supposedly had an identical one. The same could be said about the Strelitz/Cambridge and Bavarian (and Q. Mary's) lover knot tiaras, which -though not identical- are very simular.

Back
Top Bottom