Malaysian Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
April 26 - Installation of Sultan Mizan as the 13th King of Malaysia

The new Queen of Malaysia - Queen Nur Zariah

April 27 - Royal banquet to mark the Installation of the new King and Queen

Queen Nur Zariah – 1
Queen Nur Zariah – 2

Queen Nur Zariah is wearing the "Gendik Diraja" (royal tiara) and “Kalung di-Raja” (royal necklace) at both events.

She was also a guest at the wedding of the CP of Brunei and wore this unique crescent and star diamond tiara and matching necklace, part of the state jewels for Terengganu (more pictures on pages 1-3)

Malaysian Royal Guests at the Installation - April 2007

Installation

CP Syed Faizuddin & his wife Lailatul Shahreen Akashah of the state of Perlis
The Crown Princess is wearing a lovely diamond/pearl tiara and pearl necklace and earrings.
(note: The CP is the son of the former King Syed Sirajuddin and Queen Fauziah of Malaysia)

Sultana Bainon of Perak – 1
Sultana Bainon of Perak – 2
The Sultana is wearing the same diamond tiara she wore to the 2004 wedding of CP Billah of Brunei. Its the "gendik diraja" for the state of Perak

Sultana Najihah of Negeri Sembilan – 1
Sultana Najihah of Negeri Sembilan – 2

Diamond & emerald parure - I admit I dont know this lady's name, perhaps someone who does can help me out here...

Installation Banquet

Sultanah Haminah of Kedah – wearing diamonds.
side view of the tiara and earrings
- wearing more diamonds at the wedding of the CP of Brunei in 2004

Sultana Kalsom of Pahang – A vision in turquoise: tiara, necklace and earrings. This is a lady who appears to have some of the most striking pieces of jewellery. The last time she made an appearance in this thread was as a guest at the wedding of the CP of Brunei, wearing this stunning emerald parure (more pics on pages 1-3).

Group Photo - From left: Sultanah Najihah (in pink) of Negeri Sembilan, Sultanah Haminah of Kedah (C) and Sultanah Bainon of Perak (in Red)

The quality of many of the pictures is unfortunately rather poor which is why the jewels are so blurry. I would have loved a better view of Sultana Kalsom’s turquoise parure.
For more on the installation on the 13 King of Malaysia, including the rest of the pictures, visit Malaysian Royalty 2

Last edited:
Dear Humera,

The unnamed lady in the photo is Raja Zarith Sofia Sultan Idris, Crown Princess of Johor, consort to the Crown Prince of Johor, Tengku Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar.

Thank you rayyan for the identification, and a big thank you to Humera for once again presenting us with some truly spectacular glitter. :flowers:

Sultanah Kalsom of Pahang

These are some pictures of the Sultanah I hadn’t seen before:

1. A new picture of her at the September 2004 wedding of the Crown Prince of Brunei:
2. A stunning photo from November 30, 2007
3. At the installation of the present King of Malaysia in April 2007, the picture isn’t very big but I love what I see of her diamond tiara:
  • Diamonds - the Sultanah is third from left, in the grey dress

Last edited:
Gosh, this is the first time I have looked into this thread, and I must say that I am amazed by the size and quantity of the pieces...wow,:ROFLMAO: I wonder if it shows they have loads of money, or is it the way things are worn in that part of the world!

Just incredible pics. Thanks so much for sharing. The shear size of the gemstones seems almost unbelievable! Would love to have just one of those emeralds for a ring!!!

Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak - Silver Jubillee

February 14, 2009 - Royal Banquet

Queen Nur Zahirah of Malaysia - wearing her state jewels, and a huge diamond flower brooch.

Sultanah Bainon of Perak - She is wearing the same diamond tiara we've seen at a few other state occasions (also seen previously in this thread)

Sultanah Haminah of Kedah 1
Sultanah [URL="http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4669/70828794.jpg"]Haminah[/URL] of Kedah 2
Sultanah
[URL="http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4669/70828794.jpg"]Haminah[/URL] of Kedah 3 - An impressive diamond tiara. She also wore these jewels in on July 22, 2008 at her husband's Golden Jubilee banquet.

Sultanah Anis of Kelantan - The Sultanah is wearing a diamond and emerald parure with a diamond brooch and the tiara she wore at the wedding of the Crown Prince of Brunei (post 22)

Zara Salim, Crown Princess of Perak - No tiara unfortunately, but the necklace seems pretty.

Princess Eleena, daughter of the Sultan of Perak - I hope I got the name right. Interesting necklace and earrings in the tutti frutti style, I also see a diamond brooch.

Crown Princess of Perlis - this the second tiara I've seen her wearing (her impressive diamond and pearl tiara can be seen in post 64 above)

Crown Princess Zarith Sofia of Johor
- not a very clear picture but I included it since she's wearing previously unseen jewels (her diamond and emerald parure can be seen in post 64)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm sorry Ms Humera

picture of Sultanah Bahiyah of Kedah 1 2 3 is not a picture of Sultanah Bahiyah. Its a picture of Sultanah Haminah. Sultanah Bahiyah was passed away and her place as Sultanah was replace by Sultanah Haminah, His Royal Highness of Sultan Kedah second wife.

New King of Malaysia

The Sultan of Kedah has been sworn in as Malaysia's 14th Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King) in Kuala Lumpur.
The glittering installation ceremony will follow in a few months.

1. King Abdul Halim & Queen Haminah December 2011
2. Queen Haminah wearing what appear to be the same tiara, necklace and earrings in February 2009
both thumbnails cropped from larger images

Attachments

• New King.jpg
    New King.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 553
  • Queen Haminah.jpg
    Queen Haminah.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 814
Thank you so much for posting these Malaysian Royal Jewels, I'm not very familiar with these spectacular pieces of royal jewelry. Fascinating!

Last edited by a moderator:
On a dark & rainy day in the UK I have been quite literally brightened up by the jewels in this wonderful thread. I would love to know the history/significance of some of these pieces. I assume this is a "growing " collection but equally some jewels must have been worn through various generations-where would be the best place to find out more?

The Tiara Nice Indeed But The Emerald Set Toooo Big This My Tast , Thank You For Posting IloveCP.

The tiara is the Gendik Raja, or Royal Tiara, worn by the Queens of Malaysia.
The emeralds pic shows Sultana Kalsoom of Pahang at the Installation of the King of Malaysia in 2004.

I don't particularly care for the emerald set; for all the grandness, it looks like a cheap copy made of glass. Just too much bling.

There is some serious bling going on here. Sure, this tiara is quite special, I kind of like it too.

Hi, i know royal ladies from different states have magnificent jewellery including tiara. I hope someone can share it here. Most of the pictures taken from Brunei's CP wedding.

I found picture of HH Princess Amalin Putri of Kelantan with magnificent diamond and emerald necklace during her solemnisation ceremony with HH Prince Abdul Qawi of Brunei recently.

Attachments

• image-2353928922.jpg
    image-2353928922.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,270
Another pictures of HH Princess Amalin of Kelantan during her wedding reception with HH Prince Abdul Qawi held at State Palace in Kelantan. The princess is wearing another long diamond necklace with diamond tiara belongs to her late grandmother.

Attachments

• image-3567318015.jpg
    image-3567318015.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,406
  • image-920849811.jpg
    image-920849811.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 3,763
These are 2 different types of tiaras use by former HRH Tunku Ampuan of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Najihah and current HRH Tunku Ampuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Aishah Rohani. HRH Tuanku Najihah was a former HM the Queen of Malaysia X wearing her royal tiara during installation of the previous king, Tuanku Mizan and HRH Tuanku Aishah Rohani was wearing her new royal tiara during installation of current King. Although from the same royal house, every new queen will wear new tiara and old tiara will remain with the previous queen. However, current HRH is inherited another tiara belongs to her late mother in law. I will post more picture of Malaysian royalty jewellery.

Attachments

• image-2702755896.jpg
    image-2702755896.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 678
  • image-1298500216.jpg
    image-1298500216.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,348
  • image-1303188286.jpg
    image-1303188286.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 554
Pictures taken during the installation of the new Ruler of Negeri Sembilan state 4 years ago. The new queen wearing old tiara which was worn by the late queen (mother in law). Sighted long diamond stomacher to compliment the traditional dress. Another picture was taken during state banquets which the queen wearing new tiara and a simple diamond and sapphire set.

Attachments

• image-3777257463.jpg
    image-3777257463.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,062
  • image-254778393.jpg
    image-254778393.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 2,640
I found picture of HH Princess Amalin Putri of Kelantan with magnificent diamond and emerald necklace during her solemnisation ceremony with HH Prince Abdul Qawi of Brunei recently.

Thank you Emdy for your posts.
Could you please tell me if the wedding of Princess Amalin and Prince Abdul Qawi was also celebrated in Brunei.
I adore the Bruneian and malaysian royals but infortunatly there a lack of informations on the internet

On March 23 the Malaysian state of Johor saw the glittering coronation of the new Sultan of Johor. Here is some info on the Crown and Diadem used by the Sultan and the Sultanah: Crown & Diadem | Coronation of HRH Sultan Ibrahim of Johor Official Website

Pictures from the Coronation ceremony, the Sultanah wears the state diadem and a splendid a set of splendid diamond necklaces, the Crown Princess wears a pearl parure: Coronation Ceremony Gallery | Coronation of HRH Sultan Ibrahim of Johor Official Website

At the Banquet in the evening of the same day the Sultanh seams to wear a different diamont tiara and the CP wears a spectacular emerald parure:
Royal Banquet Gallery | Coronation of HRH Sultan Ibrahim of Johor Official Website

Princess Aminah of Johor, the only daughter of the Sultan of Johor, got married yesterday. She wore a diamond tiara, diamond earrings, a three strand diamond necklace with a large yellow diamond suspended from it, and yellow and white diamond bracelets.

Pictures on the royal family's Facebook page

Back
Top Bottom