Luxembourg Princesses Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't like this tiara when the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore it, but Stephanie makes it work well, imo. She has, once again, great tiara hair and she placed her tiara well. This must have been her 10th tiara in 17 tiara occasions. Though I admit that a brooch would have been the icing on the cake with this gown.

Alexandra seems to have found a new favourite with the Chaumet choker tiara and she looks great. She wears this tiara for the third time out of her ten tiara events so far.

Edit: I know that Josephine Charlotte has worn the sapphire necklace tiara at least once. Does anybody know when and where that was?

Last edited:
I didn't like this tiara when the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore it, but Stephanie makes it work well, imo. She has, once again, great tiara hair and she placed her tiara well. This must have been her 10th tiara in 17 tiara occasions. Though I admit that a brooch would have been the icing on the cake with this gown.

Alexandra seems to have found a new favourite with the Chaumet choker tiara and she looks great. She wears this tiara for the third time out of her ten tiara events so far.

Edit: I know that Josephine Charlotte has worn the sapphire necklace tiara at least once. Does anybody know when and where that was?

As far as i recall during her lifetime GD Joséphine-Charlotte was the only one wearing the sapphire necklace/tiaras. She has worn it several times but i can't recall to which occasion. Once she wore it as neckalce for official pics.

It looked quiet good on Stephanie yesteray but i prefer it as necklace then the sapphires come out better. In the pics from yesterday i can't spot the sapphires and without knowing one would think that iare only diamond.

Have a look on "bijoux royaux en folie " which is back ! Well done for us french speaking posters.

The diamond vine leaves tiara hasn't been seen in a while,though is has been used for a lot of family weddings.

https://www.tiara-mania.com/2013/11/vine-leaves-tiara.html
The last wearer was Tessy at the National Day Gala in 2016. It was around their 10th wedding anniversary, and they also published a photo of the couple for their anniversary, which probably was taken before the national day gala. Tessy hadn't worn a wedding tiara, and at the time I had thought that wearing the tiara then was was a kind of compensation for that. It really, really surprised me to see the divorce announcement so shortly after the tiara portrait.

I believe that this tiara is also going to be the wedding tiara of Princess Alexandra and Louis' future wife. It works so well as a wedding tiara, imo, and Claire looked spectacular with it.

The last wearer was Tessy at the National Day Gala in 2016. It was around their 10th wedding anniversary, and they also published a photo of the couple for their anniversary, which probably was taken before the national day gala. Tessy hadn't worn a wedding tiara, and at the time I had thought that wearing the tiara then was was a kind of compensation for that. It really, really surprised me to see the divorce announcement so shortly after the tiara portrait.

I believe that this tiara is also going to be the wedding tiara of Princess Alexandra and Louis' future wife. It works so well as a wedding tiara, imo, and Claire looked spectacular with it.

Never believe portraits. Alexandra and Joachim made the most romantic Disney-esque portraits ever with white blossom gently falling on the "happy" couple. The ink was barely dry on the photographs when the couple announced to separate.

I really don't like many of the Luxembourg tiaras. Some of them should just been kept as necklace and not tiaras. And some of them have bad design. They are either really small or gigantic like the empire tiara. Maybe it has something to do with the bad hairstyle of the women. I don't know.

Grand Duchesses Charlotte and then Grand Duchesse Josephine Charlotte wore their tiaras on a perfect way such as the empire tiara.
I never saw the now Grand Duchess wearing her jewels well.
I am lookig forward Hed Grand Duchess Stephanie.

The Empire Tiara looked very regal on both Grand Duchess Charlotte and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte but I never warmed to it when worn by Grand Duchess Maria Theresa.

The empire tiara is one of my least favourite tiaras of any European. It's massive and while beautiful intricate in ways, it's hard to suit anyone.

Agreed it doesn't suit MT at all.

When Maria Teresa wears the empire tiara it looks like she has a pope hat on top of her head. She needs to get more volum to the hairstyle. I don't think it would be any better with the HGD Stephanie, because she usually does not have any style either. Maybe not interested in it...

The Empire tiara is only worn by Grand Duchesses such as in Belgium the Nine Province tiara for the Queens.

Grand Duchesses Charlotte and then Grand Duchesse Josephine Charlotte wore their tiaras on a perfect way such as the empire tiara.
I never saw the now Grand Duchess wearing her jewels well.
I am lookig forward Hed Grand Duchess Stephanie.

For me, this is the only time GD Maria Theresa wore the tiara well - with the proper hair style required

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and the Empire Tiara | The Court Jeweller
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NMtQ3dXm...tnACEwYBhgL/s1600/2018-0329-mariateresa03.png

The most beautiful tiara by Joséphine-Charlotte from Luxembourg.

For years, the diamond tiara of the House of the Grand Duchy has been presented as a jewel of Russian origin. Recent research in the Luxembourg family archives has invalidated this theory.

This tiara appears in the inventories of the House Grand Duchy as early as 1829, the year of the wedding of Duke Guillaume of Nassau to Princess Pauline of Wurtemberg.

https://www.pointdevue.fr/joailleri...e-josephine-charlotte-de-luxembourg_4392.html

Last edited:
Josephine-Charlotte really did know how to wear this tiara. IMO, it doesn't look so good on current Grand Duchess.

A look at The Grand Duchess Adélaïde Tiara which dates from the late 1860's and consists of Diamond and Sapphires.Its been worn by several members of the GDF over the decades.
Grand Duchess Adélaïde Tiara

I think the demi-parure is a good example of its era. The design, IMO, has aged well, and still looks contemporary. The stones are a good colour and size, the supporting diamonds not insubstantial. All in all, IMO, it all works well.
Pity we don't see it worn more often.

Back
Top Bottom