The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Another beautiful piece, but I think I am correct in saying that the Kinsky tiara comes from Princess Marie's family and therefore is not a Liechtenstein piece in the truest sense of the word.
Don't know about the trust,but it seems that the tiara indeed belonged to the Kinsky family...Don't know if it was a loan or the property of Princess Marie,but here is a picture of Princess Mathilde Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau,born Baroness von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen wearing this tiara:

The reason why I asked if it was a loan or the property of Marie herself is that Mathilde was Marie's aunt by marriage and was the wife of the Prince Kinsky...and Marie is just one of 14 male-line nephews and nieces Prince Kinsky had,not to mention that he had 6 children of his own...

Mathilde is also first cousin of Gosta von Amsberg,mother of Prince Claus of the Netherlands,which makes the late Prince Ulrich Kinsky being second cousin to Prince Claus...In addition to that,his son,present Fürst Karl Kinsky who lives in Argentina is third cousin to Willem,Prince of Orange and future King of the Netherlnads who married an Argentinian lady Maxima...

Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Habsburg Fringe Tiara

Such a stunning tiara. Love a classic fringe tiara and this is one of my favorites of that type. It has such a timeless and regal presence. A very magnificent tiara!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Habsburg Fringe Tiara

Such a stunning tiara. Love a classic fringe tiara and this is one of my favorites of that type. It has such a timeless and regal presence. A very magnificent tiara!
What a wonderful and imposing piece,its a shame its rarely taken out!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

That's seems taller than the average fringe tiara, unless my eyes are deceiving me. I'm not too much a fan of fringes, since they remind me of picket fences albeit jeweled ones! But it is indeed breathtaking.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That's seems taller than the average fringe tiara, unless my eyes are deceiving me. I'm not too much a fan of fringes, since they remind me of picket fences albeit jeweled ones! But it is indeed breathtaking.
Your eyes are perfectly good: that is a whopper of a fringe! I just wish that there were more pics of the different ladies wearing it over the generations. If only I could have a sneak peek into some of ther personal photo albums .
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Administrator

v Hereditary Princess Sophie
wedding of Crown Princess Victoria, Stockholm, June 2010
-thumbnail represents less then 20% of the original image-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Habsburg Fringe Princess Sophie 2010.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	287904  

Tags