Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking we should rename this thread to Letizia Princess of Austurius jewelry recommedations. Since she doesn't wear her jewels we can at least talk about what would have looked good!!!

Yes, that's certainly a bare-to-the-bones look; not even her ubiquitous star earrings made an appearance! Is she on a jewelry strike?

I don't think even those star earings could have salvaged that frightful ensemble from yesterday!

There's nothing wrong with minimal and not liking big jewels,but Letizia's not even wearing her wedding ring of late,now the earings are gone :eek:

I don't think even those star earings could have salvaged that frightful ensemble from yesterday!

There's nothing wrong with minimal and not liking big jewels,but Letizia's not even wearing her wedding ring of late,now the earings are gone :eek:

The fact that she's not wearing a wedding ring suggests to me that she finds jewelry irritating on her skin. I don't always wear my wedding ring - nothing to do with the state of my marriage, I just find metal against my skin for long periods of time, even precious metals to be annoying.

The fact that she's not wearing a wedding ring suggests to me that she finds jewelry irritating on her skin. I don't always wear my wedding ring - nothing to do with the state of my marriage, I just find metal against my skin for long periods of time, even precious metals to be annoying.

Perhaps she does but she could wear a brooch every now and then and smarten up her over all look!

Perhaps she does but she could wear a brooch every now and then and smarten up her over all look!

I always thought of Leti as a "moody" dresser - it will take a few months at least before she's back to full, fashionable form. And with all the stresses going on in Spain and w/i the SRF, I can hardly blame her.

^^^From personal experience, nothing like a bit of bling to liven up your mood!

Good Point. I don't think her not wearing some bling is making Spain all around a better place econically. Maybe if she were driving new cars all the time etc it might be insensitive but what difference does her jewerly make. Our business is struggling in this mess but Im still wearing my stuff. Yes I know Im not a princess but it seems so narrow minded to think that way IMO of course.I just think she doesnt find pleasure in jewelry.

I don't think that's real reason;)
I have read somewhere that Letizia engagement and wedding rings were bought with supposedly ill-gained money.
Felipe is supposed to have given cash to Inaki Undergarin(his brother in law who his actually involved in a serious affair) to buy the rings.
Inaki,on the other hand,paid them with the credit card of his company whose business is now being investigated by the justice.
I guess that Felipe and Letizia discovered that recently and don't want to be involved in Inaki's affair.
If that really happened that way I will be very sorry for them because I think Felipe will have to prove that he has given the cash to Inaki.

Last edited:
I have read somewhere that Letizia engagement and wedding rings were bought with supposedly ill-gained money.
Felipe is supposed to have given cash to Inaki Undergarin(his brother in law who his actually involved in a serious affair) to buy the rings.
Inaki,on the other hand,paid them with the credit card of his company whose business is now being investigated by the justice.
I guess that Felipe and Letizia discovered that recently and don't want to be involved in Inaki's affair.
If that really happened that way I will be very sorry for them because I think Felipe will have to prove that he has given the cash to Inaki.

Many articles say that it was only the engagement ring which was has something to do with the Noos money, not the wedding ring. Felipe asked Cristina to pick up the ring from Jewelry Suarez, she was ill and asked Inaki who sent his business partner Diego Torres who payed for the ring with the Noos credit card.
http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-real...-bronca-que-le-echo-el-principe-felipe-21183/

Last edited:
Thank you for the information Ladyfinn.
In some articles,I have read that it was both rings.
I think that it makes more sense if it's only the engagement ring.
At that time,Felipe and Letizia affair wasn't made public and it was wiser for Felipe not to go:D
Anyway,it wasn't wise from Inaki to mix his personnal and his company money.
Even the smallest businessmen know this.

Oh, I forgot! Of course you are right about that!

I'm not sure she can ever wear those rings again, or for a very long time.

GracieGiraffe,If those rings were paid by Felipe's money,I think she should wear them.
Engagement or wedding rings have great sentimental value,if she doesn't wear them it will send the wrong message to the spaniards and people will tend to believe the rumours.

The story I´ve read if that Iñaki´s paid the ring, and when Felipe tried to return it the money, Iñaki said it was his present to F&L, so no money was returned. Quite a messy affair, if it´s true :whistling:

Sounds like an awful lot of gossip and not a lot of facts going around in Spain.

Many articles say that it was only the engagement ring which was has something to do with the Noos money, not the wedding ring. Felipe asked Cristina to pick up the ring from Jewelry Suarez, she was ill and asked Inaki who sent his business partner Diego Torres who payed for the ring with the Noos credit card.
El primer libro sobre Urdangarin revela la bronca que le ech el prncipe Felipe

Yes I've read that too about the engagement ring but as you stated her wedding ring was never mentioned.

Letizia was wearing her wedding ring right up until late last year.

Soraya and AnnieS, you both raise great points.

There's one thing I'm certain of in this whole mess; I feel very sorry for Letizia. I don't know who of the SRF was involved in this mess, but I really don't think Leti was. As for wearing her rings, I think she's darned if she does and darned if she doesn't. And it's too bad if this woman can't wear some bits and baubles to events because of forces and events beyond her control.

As for her other jewelry, this is a woman who gets up every day and works hard for Spain and for that family, holding her head up high despite all of this scandal and all of the fun the press make of her and all of the opinion in Spain that she's not a blue blood. She gave up a career to do all of this, and to think it all hangs precariously now. For all of this, to me she's entitled to wear her tiaras every day, with her jeans if she wants, and wear them proudly.

:royalrobes:

You go girl, and put your jewels back on. I don't see Cristina keeping hers off.

Soraya and AnnieS, you both raise great points.

There's one thing I'm certain of in this whole mess; I feel very sorry for Letizia. I don't know who of the SRF was involved in this mess, but I really don't think Leti was. As for wearing her rings, I think she's darned if she does and darned if she doesn't. And it's too bad if this woman can't wear some bits and baubles to events because of forces and events beyond her control.

As for her other jewelry, this is a woman who gets up every day and works hard for Spain and for that family, holding her head up high despite all of this scandal and all of the fun the press make of her and all of the opinion in Spain that she's not a blue blood. She gave up a career to do all of this, and to think it all hangs precariously now. For all of this, to me she's entitled to wear her tiaras every day, with her jeans if she wants, and wear them proudly.

:royalrobes:

You go girl, and put your jewels back on. I don't see Cristina keeping hers off.

Has Letizia ever been critizised for wearing her wedding ring? I don't think so.

I find it odd that she stopped wearing it, Felipe is wearing his after all and it is supposed to be the strongest symbol of the bond between them.

Last edited:
Has Letizia ever been critizised for wearing her wedding ring? I don't think so.

I find it odd that she stopped wearing it, Felipe is wearing his after all and it is supposed to be the strongest symbol of the bond between them.
I personally don't see the big deal about the rings. I often went without my wedding ring in favor of something else [or none at all] depending on the event or mood. My husband bought them all for me so it certainly didn't bother him, in fact he would often ask why I wasn't wearing the newer ones as often. We didn't need any outward signs for people to know we were married, our strong personal love proved it. I believe that everyone is just so different in their personal beliefs. My problem is that I was given so many good pieces of jewerly over the years, that one was no longer a more important part of my life. They each had an extremely special meaning, and believe me, a few more sensuous memories than just a fancy wedding or something society demands a woman to wear.

Last edited:

I do too its very bizzare,ok she doesn't like wearing jewels but her wedding ring should be the exception,as you said Felipe is still wearing his!

It was only her engagement ring the one that was paid by Iñaki. The reasons for not wearing her wedding ring must be others, and as you say, Felipe still wears his.

It was only her engagement ring the one that was paid by Iñaki. The reasons for not wearing her wedding ring must be others, and as you say, Felipe still wears his.

The last time I saw Letizia wearing her wedding ring was late October last year,though I could be wrong.

Has Letizia ever been criticized for wearing her wedding ring? I don't think so.

I think you just did by your last sentence.... ;)

I hope all is well between Felipe and Leti. I don't think they deserve otherwise.

Last edited:
Maybe she just likes doing things to cause some members of these forums to get their panties in a knot. She might have a very good sense of humour about it all.:whistling:

Since Letizia and Felipe are such an adoring couple, given to long loving looks, etc. in public, and since Felipe still wears his wedding ring and Letizia has, up until October, always worn hers, I am of a mind to think the reason she is not wearing them now is more pedestrian. Perhaps a mild skin irritation or some such?

There may be a lot of reasons why Letizia stopped wearing her wedding ring, including a skin condition. Or maybe she just doesn't want to. Prince William doesn't wear his wedding ring either (although Kate does); it can sometimes be a matter of simple personal preference.

There may be a lot of reasons why Letizia stopped wearing her wedding ring, including a skin condition. Or maybe she just doesn't want to. Prince William doesn't wear his wedding ring either (although Kate does); it can sometimes be a matter of simple personal preference.

Prince William never received a wedding ring - he decided against a ring cause he doesnt wear jewellery.

I agree that there are many reasons for her not wearing her rings - Princess Victoria of Sweden has been seen numerous times this year without her rings. Maybe as you say a skin condition or perhaps as its only in the last few months maybe they are getting resized or fixed?

Prince William received one, kind of had to during the ceremony, just chooses not to wear it. I see no issue with no wearing rings. You know you're married.

^^^^
Actually I do not believe William received a ring during his wedding ceremony. It is not a requirement and it had been announced prior to the wedding that he would not have one.

Maybe she just likes doing things to cause some members of these forums to get their panties in a knot. She might have a very good sense of humour about it all.:whistling:
Ah, then she is a person I would really enjoy meeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom