Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked this tiara with his hairdo a lot.She's so beautiful here!

I agree. Her hairdo looked really lovely. Usually I quite dislike the combination of tiaras and open hair... but somehow the Prussian tiara looks better with open hair.
we have the issue of the royal saftey pin holding Letizia's order tonight again
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06HY3k90qv1Dh/610x.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2009/03/03/reyes-cena-rusia/imgs/reyes-ppes-14a.jpg

This just cannot be true. :nonono:
The last time she used the safety pin I thought this was a one-time mistake...
this time the safety pin seems to be ever bigger and even more obvious.

Last edited:
I do not believe that it is a normal safety pin, there are safety pin jewels, in gold or silver and sometimes with small decorations...

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: The bracelets are beautiful :flowers:
I don´t like the Prussian tiara with that hairdo...:ermm:

The bracelets are beautiful, but I think they don't match together.
Regarding to the safety-pin... it looks rough to my eyes.

her tiara was splendid, and match very well with her hairdo

According to the authoress of the article the seamstress of the Princess has taken a safety pin that costs cents of euro in a haberdashery and has put it there ... when if anyone looks at it in detail sees that it is a jewel she uses to hold the band, that will cost hundreds of Euros. If the Princess uses it it is because it is a jewel and for her it is like a clasp.

The contrast between the very ordinary safety-pin and the dress is funny:lol:, in all case I find that it isn’t a big deal, it’s only a pin;)

According to the authoress of the article the seamstress of the Princess has taken a safety pin that costs cents of euro in a haberdashery and has put it there ... when if anyone looks at it in detail sees that it is a jewel she uses to hold the band, that will cost hundreds of Euros. If the Princess uses it it is because it is a jewel and for her it is like a clasp.

a safety pin still looks a safety pin, no matter whether it is made of gold and contains a tiny diamond or not. it remains an odd solution.

i am wondering why it is always letizia who comes up with these strange things, for instance i could never ever imagine queen sofia doing a safety pin solution. moreover, the srf has lots of nice clips and clasps at their disposal to attach a sash to a top that look much less disturbing than a safety pin. if there is one occasion on the agenda when a royal should look classy from head to toe it is a state visit.

As this is the Royal Jewels Forum, posts and comments not relevant to the subject of jewels have been and will be removed.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

The contrast between the very ordinary safety-pin and the dress is funny:lol:, in all case I find that it isn’t a big deal, it’s only a pin;)

The question is that of ordinary it does not have anything, is a golden and brilliant jewel.

It's a rather awful idea in terms of jewelry design.
IMHO it could be used as a 'fun' item on daywear and might turn out to be kind of charming.
But worn along with antique family pieces at state banquets, it's not funny at all and the joke ends up being on Letizia.

Err.. Safety pin, royal jewels... yeah.

I'm not so sure about that. In fact, I am sure that it is not right at all, doesn't she have a brooch or something else that she can use that does not look like she is trying to close up a cloth diaper?

The question is that of ordinary it does not have anything, is a golden and brilliant jewel.

it must to see it by close to remark that is golden and brilliant, in all case even if it was a very simple pin, laetizia stay a very elegant lady

She has on so much wonderful jewels, why not add a lovely brooch. I wonder if this is designer Aaron Basha safety pin? Even so it looks out of place!

In the "P. Letizia Evening Wear" thread I stated that the safety pin looked "tacky" and boy, did members yell at me!
It DOES look tacky and cheap - even if it has some sparkle to it.
It looks like she covered an ordinary safety pin with glue and dunked it into rhinestone dust.
To me it cheapens the prestige of the sash she is wearing and also the other jewelry she is wearing.
I have a real gold safety pin which I hang gold charms on and it looks a lot better than the one Letizia has - and I would never use my pin to hold a royal sash.

Could it perhaps be sentimental gift from someone and she wears it because of that connection? Perhaps someone in family gave it to her...

Earrings,tiara,hairdo,make-up (especially the eyes) all look gorgeous!!She should avoid that ugly safety pin:not only it looks cheap,it also looks as if it belongs to a priest with this huge cross around it...

I haven't said it in the eveningwear-thread, but I second your opion on the safetypin, it looks totally out of place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom