The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Flower tiara is one of the most beautifuls tiaras I´ve ever seen- just my opinion, I dont like ostentatious tiaras, and this one is simple but gorgeous
The fleur-de-lys brooche is very nice too...It represents the Borbon Dinasty symbol

Old 11-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Royal Highness

I completely agree--this is one of the most beautiful tiaras I've ever seen. It's so delicate, and her hairstyle suits it very well indeed.
I would like to see Letizia in the ruby tiara which we've not seen in while--I think with that stunning dark hair it would look amazing on her!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...y-1-a-254.html

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Royal Highness

I had no idea they had rubies in their vaults! They are gorgeous!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 AM
Royal Highness

I think those cabochon rubies are splendid! It is a shame they've not been seen in so long. With her dark hair Letizia could really show them off.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

The cabachon rubies are wonderful. I wonder why Letizia has not worn them or at least part of this suite.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I completely agree--this is one of the most beautiful tiaras I've ever seen. It's so delicate, and her hairstyle suits it very well indeed.
I would like to see Letizia in the ruby tiara which we've not seen in while--I think with that stunning dark hair it would look amazing on her!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...y-1-a-254.html
not sure this is technically seen as a tiara. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...y-1-a-254.html

it's more like a necklace that's worn as kind of a bandeau in the hair. both prussian and floral tiara are less important for the borbons, the most prestiguous one letizia has worn so far is the shell tiara. i doubt she will wear the remaining ones (pearl, loop, fleur de lys) before she becomes queen unless a top top top class royal event comes up.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
It may be a royal safety pin - blowing up the picture shows what looks like a small diamond on the right hand side.
I don't know that it is possible to glamorise a safety pin, diamond or no diamond she still could have worn something far better.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
it's more like a necklace that's worn as kind of a bandeau in the hair.
You may well be correct--but I just assumed that because there is a matching necklace that it is actually a bandeau tiara much the diamond bandeau tiara seen here:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...blebandeau.jpg courtesy of Marengo's photo bucket. Whatever it's technical term, I think it is really quite lovely.
Now, I am going to say something I've thought for a long time--and perhaps I will be villified for this, but I am not crazy about that Mellerio shell tiara. I think it's history and significance is impressive--but, I do like it better than the Prussian tiara. JMHO

Old 12-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
More of the Floral Tiara
I love that, tiara! This is the best one!.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
I love that, tiara! This is the best one!
She has worn it before, but now is the nicest way she has worn it
Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...021c29840g.jpg 11th dec 2008

Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

details_pop earrings 16th December 2008

Old 12-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Majesty

Is there a necklace or brosch in the voults of the spanish royal family that one could have as a hair ornement
something like Victoria and Madeleine did on Nobel december 11th dinner.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

i think the floral tiara can be dismantled into brooches / necklace in theory but i've only seen it as a tiara so far.
sofia's ruby "tiara" is a necklace but she's worn it in her hair a few times.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Sofia Jewellery

Whatever it is, I love it. I think Letizia would look remarkable wearing it like Sofia in this photograph.

I've only seen the floral as a tiara as well--but, what a tiara! I think that Letizia looks the best in the floral tiara. She is a lovely woman. She wears jewels well.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Galerías de imágenes this pair seem to be Letizia's current favourite for evening occassions

Old 12-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Galerías de imágenes this pair seem to be Letizia's current favourite for evening occassions
I love those earrings!!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Las joyas de Doña Letizia | Yo Dona

according to the article, letizia is spending every time less on clothes but loves diamonds. she used to order 5 new outfits for special occassions every season, now she orders 3.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another article with several mistakes. The most important jewels that the Princess is in the habit of taking or they belong to the Royal Family or the Queen or they were gifts of her wedding (her earrings of more value are used by her from the wedding). Other pieces have been gifts for her birthday, her anniversary or the birth of her daughters.

The one who writes the article is an ignorant who does not know that the brooch that the Princess has in one of the photos is the Cross of the Angels, symbol and gift of Oviedo, natal city of the Princess for her wedding.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The one who writes the article is an ignorant who does not know that the brooch that the Princess has in one of the photos is the Cross of the Angels, symbol and gift of Oviedo, natal city of the Princess for her wedding.
Lula, Is this Brooch?
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/3...albumesgj0.jpg

I tought that the Cross of the angels was this:
Cruz de los Ángeles - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Can you tell us wich is the diference betwen the Angels Cross and the Victori Crooss?
Cruz de la Victoria - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Closed Thread

Tags
jewellery, letizia, princess letizia, princess of asturias, spain