Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Princess has both, many women in Oviedo or in Asturias have reproductions of these jewels.

The Cross of the Angels is a greek cross with two angels and is the symbol of Oviedo. It was realized in the year 808 for the king Alfonso II, and according to the legend two angels helped the goldsmiths who realized it.

The Cross of the Victory is according to the legend the cross of wood that the King Pelayo was taking in Covadonga's Battle, and that the King Alfonso III in the year 908 order to cover of gold and precious stones.

Both pieces remain in the Cathedral of Oviedo.

All these Greek Byzantine crosses are very interesting.Does anyone know their sizes and whether they are portable or not?

It's very hard to chose...:rolleyes: but I think the 2nd is the best.

Thanks carlota!:flowers:

Floral tiara.

It might sound boring,but the floral tiara is definitely the most beautiful and elegant :flowers: And it also suits her best,since it's small and Letizia also has a small face and head.Does this tiara belong to her?

I really like all these tiaras. The shell is beautiful with the large south sea pearl earrings so I'll think I'll choose #3

It might sound boring,but the floral tiara is definitely the most beautiful and elegant :flowers: And it also suits her best,since it's small and Letizia also has a small face and head.Does this tiara belong to her?

No it was won by Infanta Christina on her wedding day in 1997 and the Queen has also worn it on numerous occassions. I think it was a present to Sofia for her wedding but i cant remember who gave to to her

My favourite would possibly be the one she wore on her wedding day followed closely by the floral tiara. ive never beern a fan of pearls but the shell tiara is nice as well

Last edited:
No it was won by Infanta Christina on her wedding day in 1997 and the Queen has also worn it on numerous occassions. I think it was a present to Sofia for her wedding but i cant remember who gave to to her

I think it's Franco.

Franco,the dictator? :eek: How come?Why did she accept it?

Franco,the dictator? :eek: How come?Why did she accept it?

Franco gave the tiara as a wedding gift to Sofia in 1962. At this stage JC & Sofia completely depended on Franco to eventually become Kings of Spain one day or at least to restore the Borbons on the Spanish throne. JC wasn't even Prince of Spain (only in 1969) = heir apparent so it was very wise not to reject the dictator's gift ;)

:previous: :greatidea: I had no idea...I'm mostly surprised by Spanish people's lack of reaction to this.If only they were in Greece....:electric:

Reg the question of the tiaras, I think it all depends on her hairsyle that day...:lol:

the third looks unique i like it

:previous: :nonono: Black,white,pearls,butterflies...a little bit of everything in only one necklace.Hmmmm....

No this was first seen back on 24th Nov 08 for the dinner for the President of Panama - she was either given it or it came from the jewel vault as a replacement for the famous safety-pin incident. The fleurs de lys brooch is similair to one the Queen wears but Letizia's seems to be of a more modern and open design

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fQVe6h7w65fU/610x.jpg emerald and diamond earrings - she has worn these a few times when using this dress but this time choose not to wear the matching necklace

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0djm9T74MP3rx/340x.jpg

09/02/ letizia wearing the prussian tiara on the occasion of the argentine state dinner

it's the one tiara that letizia has worn on most occasions (7 times), followed by the floral tiara (4 times) and the shell tiara (only once). there are 3 more to wear (loop, pearl & fleur de lys) but these seem to remain with queen sofia as long as she's the monarch.

I don't like Princess Letizia's strange habit of pinning the Fleur de Lys brooch to the bottom of her order's sash in the belly area - all other Royal ladies know what they are doing when wearing their brooches on the shoulder instead, as it simply looks far more elegant.
Especially with no necklace, all that jumps at you in close up pics is a bare sash, and if the sash is as wide as it's here, a brooch would be needed even more to break the disrupting line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom