Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look the same to me. Upon closer inspection (maximizing the windows), they are different. I think I like Letizia's better. I'm glad somebody finally bought her a brooch! A safety pin.......really! Didn't she have anything from her former life that would've worked? Somebody couldn't run to a department store and buy something from the costume jewelry, and Letizia could've "faked" it? How did a safety pin become the best option?! (Sorry - I generally don't follow the Spanish Royals.)

...anything is better than that safety pin.
It may be a royal safety pin - blowing up the picture shows what looks like a small diamond on the right hand side.

Letezia'a brooch is more open - the fleur-de-lis is made up of lines of diamonds- whereas Sophie's is a solid shape of diamonds. I would think Letezia's is more recently made.

I think these earrings would have looked nicer without the second hoop hanging down. They are a bit long, IMO.

I think these earrings would have looked nicer without the second hoop hanging down. They are a bit long, IMO.

they don't go with the outfit and the hairstyle. gold doesn't look good, silver would have been a better option.

these earrings would look great with pinned up hairstyle & evening dress.

they don't go with the outfit and the hairstyle. gold doesn't look good, silver would have been a better option.

these earrings would look great with pinned up hairstyle & evening dress.
You are right, they are nice but they don't go with the outfit and gold doesn't look good, not 18 kt (you have good eyes Duke!:flowers:).

Flower tiara is one of the most beautifuls tiaras I´ve ever seen- just my opinion, I dont like ostentatious tiaras, and this one is simple but gorgeous:flowers:
The fleur-de-lys brooche is very nice too...It represents the Borbon Dinasty symbol;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:ohmy:I had no idea they had rubies in their vaults! They are gorgeous!:wub:

I think those cabochon rubies are splendid! It is a shame they've not been seen in so long. With her dark hair Letizia could really show them off.

The cabachon rubies are wonderful. I wonder why Letizia has not worn them or at least part of this suite.

I completely agree--this is one of the most beautiful tiaras I've ever seen. It's so delicate, and her hairstyle suits it very well indeed.
I would like to see Letizia in the ruby tiara which we've not seen in while--I think with that stunning dark hair it would look amazing on her!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/queen-sofia-jewellery-1-a-254.html

not sure this is technically seen as a tiara. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/queen-sofia-jewellery-1-a-254.html

it's more like a necklace that's worn as kind of a bandeau in the hair. both prussian and floral tiara are less important for the borbons, the most prestiguous one letizia has worn so far is the shell tiara. i doubt she will wear the remaining ones (pearl, loop, fleur de lys) before she becomes queen unless a top top top class royal event comes up.

It may be a royal safety pin - blowing up the picture shows what looks like a small diamond on the right hand side.

I don't know that it is possible to glamorise a safety pin, diamond or no diamond she still could have worn something far better.

it's more like a necklace that's worn as kind of a bandeau in the hair.
You may well be correct--but I just assumed that because there is a matching necklace that it is actually a bandeau tiara much the diamond bandeau tiara seen here:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/euroyals/doublebandeau.jpg courtesy of Marengo's photo bucket. Whatever it's technical term, I think it is really quite lovely.
Now, I am going to say something I've thought for a long time--and perhaps I will be villified for this, but I am not crazy about that Mellerio shell tiara. I think it's history and significance is impressive--but, I do like it better than the Prussian tiara. JMHO

Is there a necklace or brosch in the voults of the spanish royal family that one could have as a hair ornement
something like Victoria and Madeleine did on Nobel december 11th dinner.

i think the floral tiara can be dismantled into brooches / necklace in theory but i've only seen it as a tiara so far.
sofia's ruby "tiara" is a necklace but she's worn it in her hair a few times.

Another article with several mistakes. The most important jewels that the Princess is in the habit of taking or they belong to the Royal Family or the Queen or they were gifts of her wedding (her earrings of more value are used by her from the wedding). Other pieces have been gifts for her birthday, her anniversary or the birth of her daughters.

The one who writes the article is an ignorant who does not know that the brooch that the Princess has in one of the photos is the Cross of the Angels, symbol and gift of Oviedo, natal city of the Princess for her wedding.

The one who writes the article is an ignorant who does not know that the brooch that the Princess has in one of the photos is the Cross of the Angels, symbol and gift of Oviedo, natal city of the Princess for her wedding.

Lula, Is this Brooch?
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/3218/1231926204extrasalbumesgj0.jpg

I tought that the Cross of the angels was this:
Cruz de los Ángeles - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Can you tell us wich is the diference betwen the Angels Cross and the Victori Crooss?
Cruz de la Victoria - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom