Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
A collection of Letizia, Princess of Asturias, wearing a tiara:

Tiara Collection
Of all of them I think the Floral Tiara really suits Letizia,with the Prussian tiara coming second.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder will Letizia wear her rings over the next few days and maybe we might see her wearing some new jewels over the next few busy months .It will be interesting to see what jewels the new queen consort has at her disposal.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder will Letizia wear her rings over the next few days and maybe we might see her wearing some new jewels over the next few busy months .It will be interesting to see what jewels the new queen consort has at her disposal.
I think it will be some time before we start to see any material new jewellery on Letizia. They may issue some pictures of the new King and Queen in full royal gear, and we may get to see her in a tiara she has previously not worn (La Buena?). Failing which, we may have to wait for the next tiara event the couple attend - this is more likely to be abroad than on home turf.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Yes,there should be pics in full royal gear. I am curious too what Tiara letizia will use as Not all Tiaras we have Seen her wear should be at her disposal now, eG the prussian tiara belongs to Sofia personally. She could use her rumored New Tiara Or One of the other srf tiaras that Stay with the king, the fleur de lys Tiara Would be a Bit over the Top though. I am curious too if we See any Rings on the Day Or in official pictures.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes,there should be pics in full royal gear. I am curious too what Tiara letizia will use as Not all Tiaras we have Seen her wear should be at her disposal now, eG the prussian tiara belongs to Sofia personally. She could use her rumored New Tiara Or One of the other srf tiaras that Stay with the king, the fleur de lys Tiara Would be a Bit over the Top though. I am curious too if we See any Rings on the Day Or in official pictures.
Lets see if the manages to pull off the Fleur-de-lys Tiara. The first official pictures as Queen will be as good an excuse as any for her to use it. If she slants it backwards, she may be able to make it work and not look too OTT.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The floral tiara and the shell tiara also were wedding presents to Queen Sophia, as was the ruby necklace/tiara. The loop tiara was probably inherited by Juan Carlos from his mother, the Countess of Barcelona. Or maybe it was inherited by his sister and then bought back by the King. The Cartier pearl tiara was left to Juan Carlos by his Grandmother, Queen Ena. So all these tiaras are privately owned.

Of course they could decide to pass on the ownership of some of these tiaras to the new King. Or they might continue to share the jewels. But Juan Carlos and Sophia will certainly take care that the new Queen has the necessary jewels for her new position.

The Prussian tiara wouldn't be a good choice for an official portrait anyway, since it does not originate from the Spanish side of the family.
The fleur-de-lys??? Not sure, maybe she should wait for a while before tackling it. Let's get settled in the new role first, and let the financial crisis improve.
I guess I'd like her to try out the Cartier pearl tiara, it is one of my favourites and sufficiantly grand to mark her new position. Also, Queen Sophia has used it for several official portraits, as well as Queen Ena.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Lets see if the manages to pull off the Fleur-de-lys Tiara. The first official pictures as Queen will be as good an excuse as any for her to use it. If she slants it backwards, she may be able to make it work and not look too OTT.
Personally I think the Fleur de Lys Tiara is too big for Letizia's petite frame and hairstyle,but maybe with a fuller hairstyle it could work.The future queen could surprise us royal jewel watchers yet.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Personally I think the Fleur de Lys Tiara is too big for Letizia's petite frame and hairstyle,but maybe with a fuller hairstyle it could work.The future queen could surprise us royal jewel watchers yet.
Needless to say, we await with bated breadth!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Majesty

i hope letizia delights us with a tiara she's never worn before...
fingers crossed there will be a tiara at all, as the situation in spain is far from being at the top at the moment.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Cartier pearl tiara was left to Juan Carlos by his Grandmother, Queen Ena.
Queen Ena left it to her younger daughter Infanta Maria Cristina, Countess Marone and Kinjg Juan Carlos apparently bought it back from her. Queen Sofia started to wear it in the early 1990's if i'm correct but Infanta Maria Cristina was still alive then.

I would like to see her in the diamond and pearl loop tiara and this is one who was worn not often by Queen Sofia so i think this would be a nice tiara for official photos.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Queen Ena left it to her younger daughter Infanta Maria Cristina, Countess Marone and Kinjg Juan Carlos apparently bought it back from her. Queen Sofia started to wear it in the early 1990's if i'm correct but Infanta Maria Cristina was still alive then.

I would like to see her in the diamond and pearl loop tiara and this is one who was worn not often by Queen Sofia so i think this would be a nice tiara for official photos.
Sorry for causing confusion! You are of course right about the Cartier tiara.

Let's hope that there will be a gala portrait at all. They might decide to go for something very plein and austere.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Let's hope that there will be a gala portrait at all. They might decide to go for something very plein and austere.
Good heavens I'm hoping we won't be seeing those star earrings or leather attire in the official photo's

The Fleur de lys brooch is very beautiful but so far Letizia has just worn it a couple of times.

http://media.tumblr.com/753c411be374...AvI1qz4rgp.jpg
Old 06-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Kings did both, Gala and Business Outfit Portraits. There have to be New pictures for Felipe in King Uniform. Letizia might only wear a long Dress and no tiara. We'll know Soon enough. I Would like to See Letizia in her own New Tiara if it exists and Not in Something Sofia has Worn before.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

Love that brooch!!! If I owned that I would wear it at every possible opportunity.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Kings did both, Gala and Business Outfit Portraits. There have to be New pictures for Felipe in King Uniform. Letizia might only wear a long Dress and no tiara. We'll know Soon enough. I Would like to See Letizia in her own New Tiara if it exists and Not in Something Sofia has Worn before.
I'd forgotten about Letizia's tiara ,it would be nice to see something new added to the collection,but as you said ...if it exists!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

I too would love to see the new tiara fianally worn. Although I did not like the design very much, it made me very curious to see it worn. Maybe it looks better than I imangined? And I would like to see a confirmation that it really exists. The whole rumour about it is such a strange story that I don't know what to believe.

Apart from that, I think that this new tiara wouldn't be a good choice for a first official portrait. The new tiara might spark a new controversy about the costs of the monarchy, etc., etc.

Instead the portrait should convey a message of tradition, historical significance and continuation. That is what orders and family jewels can bring across.

When, do you think, would such a portrait be published (if they will at all)? Would it be alread available on the day of the proclamation?
Old 06-18-2014, 04:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Instead the portrait should convey a message of tradition, historical significance and continuation. That is what orders and family jewels can bring across.

When, do you think, would such a portrait be published (if they will at all)? Would it be alread available on the day of the proclamation?
In my view, such a portrait should be issued on Day 1. After all, they are the new King and Queens of Spain, and a symbol of all of Spain.

Quote:
I too would love to see the new tiara fianally worn. Although I did not like the design very much, it made me very curious to see it worn. Maybe it looks better than I imangined? And I would like to see a confirmation that it really exists. The whole rumour about it is such a strange story that I don't know what to believe.

Apart from that, I think that this new tiara wouldn't be a good choice for a first official portrait. The new tiara might spark a new controversy about the costs of the monarchy, etc., etc.
In the present circumstances, I do not think this is the time for a new tiara for Letizia. It would cause too much of a distraction for the principal events.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness

The Fleur de Lys could be worn quite well with the right hairdo.... i.e. the one Letizia used for the wedding of CP Victoria would make the Fleur de Lys look less big and heavy.....
BYe Bine
Old 06-18-2014, 05:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
In my view, such a portrait should be issued on Day 1. After all, they are the new King and Queens of Spain, and a symbol of all of Spain.

In the present circumstances, I do not think this is the time for a new tiara for Letizia. It would cause too much of a distraction for the principal events.
I would disagree with that. A new tiara would only be a distraction for jewellery fans whereas wearing a tiara of some weight and historic signifcance denotes her new position as Queen Consort and her "starter tiara" can either still be worn or put away for a while.

Everything about Philipe and Letizia needs to lend itself to a significant moment in history and a portrait encapsulates that in one moment of time. This is a pivotal moment, not just for them but for Spain. Both Philipe and Letizia need to be seen to have the gravitas needed in a King and a Queen.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

I hope she wears either her new tiara (a new tiara, new, fresh start), or as the new Queen, she might wear one of the two big ones.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, princess letizia, princess of asturias, spain