The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Earrings
Spanish Royals Host 'Cervantes Awards 2014' Lunch in Madrid | jose gegundez | photographer

Old 04-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love those earrings!

Old 05-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Google-Ergebnis für http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hTMutAmMMpY/TsXDnkGSz-I/AAAAAAAAEcc/WCPouetpvsU/s1600/tiara.jpg
On this blog writes that felipe gaves the tiara as 5th anniversary gibt to letizia. Anyone saw the tiara wearing by letizia? Why she wearn't this tiara?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia is rumored to dislike wearing jewels. For big events she tends to stick with the loans from Queen Sofia. Also, given Spain's financial downtown over the past few years it may be thought a bit insensitive to wear a shiny new tiara when people or unemployed or hungry. Spain seems to be emerging from the worst of the downturn and folks are becoming accustomed to the austerity measures so maybe we'll see the tiara in the next few years.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Glad to see Letizia wearing these beautiful earrings again last night, she wore them on their trip to California.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...4D1aQgWH5x.jpg
Old 05-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Glad to see Letizia wearing these beautiful earrings again last night, she wore them on their trip to California.
Yes they are very beautiful,after 10 years of marriage I'm sure the Princess has an ample jewel chest!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

One jewel that I though Letizia might wear today was her wedding ring but she didn't which I guess is nothing new with Letizia, but still a bit odd!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
That is a lovely pair of earrings. I do wish she would wear them more often.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I love drop earrings with an upsweep and this is a lovely set indeed.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Gentry

As King Juan Carlos is stepping down and Princess Felipe and Princess Letizia will become the new King and Queen of Spain, we can expect to see Princess Letizia wearing some of the jewels currently worn by Queen Sofia. As I wrote in Queen Sofia's thread, I don't expect any kind of formal passing down of jewels but simply for the royal ladies to keep sharing as they do now with Princess Letizia moving up into some of the bigger pieces and Queen Sofia sticking with the smaller pieces.

The Spanish royals have so few tiara events that it will probably be awhile before we see Princess Letizia in any of the Queen Sofia's tiaras. If they follow the same procedure as Juan Carlos for the coronation/inauguration, I think that there will be a swearing in at the Cortes Generales followed by mass with no tiara wearing opportunities. My hope (however unlikely) is that they will release a first official portrait of the new queen wearing a tiara. To my knowledge Princess Letizia has never worn a tiara for an official portrait so it would be a first if it happened.

Here are some of Queen Sofia's tiaras that Princess Letizia has never worn by might wear once she is queen.

Fleur de Lys Tiara - this one is the tiara most thought of as the tiara only for the Queen Consort of Spain
Pearl & Diamond Loop Tiara
Pearl & Diamond Tiara
Old 06-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Letizia's taste in jewelry in quite minimal and very different to her mother in laws,however hopefully Letizia might add a bit more sparkle for the grandeur ceremonies and more formal events.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a feeling that Letizia will continue with her minimalist style as queen as far as jewels are concerned, but hopefully she will ramp it up for state occasions and other events. I wonder if we'll finally get to see the fleur-de-lys tiara.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Courtier

I don't think she will change her jewelry taste she likes simple jewelry , I don't think being Queen will change that.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

Aaaaah, I hope for a "Change" like with Maxima. She always has loved jewels, but she has increased the amount of jewels for her official functions.... maybe we can see that on a Queen Letizia as well.... at least I can hope for it.....
BYe Bine
Old 06-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The tiaras posted above are magnificent!

I too hope that Letizia will be more daring with her jewellery choices, when she becomes Queen!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wearing her stunning pearl and diamonds earrings for the lunch with Mexico´s President and his wife:
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uplo...ola.jpg?3f7b5b

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
The tiaras posted above are magnificent!

I too hope that Letizia will be more daring with her jewellery choices, when she becomes Queen!
Yes, I agree. I am really loving the Pearl & Diamond Loop Tiara which I think would look best on Letizia.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Gentry

Princess Letizia wore the Floral Tiara to the gala dinner during the state visit from Mexico. It is most likely the last time she will wear a tiara as the Princess of Asturias.

Spanish Royals and President of United States of Mexico Attend Dinner Gala | jose gegundez | photographer
Old 06-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Moderator Emeritus

A collection of Letizia, Princess of Asturias, wearing a tiara:

Tiara Collection

Old 06-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I don't think she will change her jewelry taste she likes simple jewelry , I don't think being Queen will change that.
I agree, and I think that's wise of Letizia. She seems to understand that with her very tiny frame less is more. She would be overpowered by too much jewelry.

It's a different situation for a woman like Queen Maxima who has both the physique and personality to carry off a more flamboyant appearance.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, princess letizia, princess of asturias, spain