The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Thank you for the information Ladyfinn.
In some articles,I have read that it was both rings.
I think that it makes more sense if it's only the engagement ring.
At that time,Felipe and Letizia affair wasn't made public and it was wiser for Felipe not to go
Anyway,it wasn't wise from Inaki to mix his personnal and his company money.
Even the smallest businessmen know this.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
I don't think that's real reason
I have read somewhere that Letizia engagement and wedding rings were bought with supposedly ill-gained money.
Felipe is supposed to have given cash to Inaki Undergarin(his brother in law who his actually involved in a serious affair) to buy the rings.
Inaki,on the other hand,paid them with the credit card of his company whose business is now being investigated by the justice.
I guess that Felipe and Letizia discovered that recently and don't want to be involved in Inaki's affair.
If that really happened that way I will be very sorry for them because I think Felipe will have to prove that he has given the cash to Inaki.
Oh, I forgot! Of course you are right about that!

I'm not sure she can ever wear those rings again, or for a very long time.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Courtier

GracieGiraffe,If those rings were paid by Felipe's money,I think she should wear them.
Engagement or wedding rings have great sentimental value,if she doesn't wear them it will send the wrong message to the spaniards and people will tend to believe the rumours.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

The story Iīve read if that Iņakiīs paid the ring, and when Felipe tried to return it the money, Iņaki said it was his present to F&L, so no money was returned. Quite a messy affair, if itīs true

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Sounds like an awful lot of gossip and not a lot of facts going around in Spain.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Many articles say that it was only the engagement ring which was has something to do with the Noos money, not the wedding ring. Felipe asked Cristina to pick up the ring from Jewelry Suarez, she was ill and asked Inaki who sent his business partner Diego Torres who payed for the ring with the Noos credit card.
El primer libro sobre Urdangarin revela la bronca que le ech el prncipe Felipe
Yes I've read that too about the engagement ring but as you stated her wedding ring was never mentioned.

Letizia was wearing her wedding ring right up until late last year.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

Soraya and AnnieS, you both raise great points.

There's one thing I'm certain of in this whole mess; I feel very sorry for Letizia. I don't know who of the SRF was involved in this mess, but I really don't think Leti was. As for wearing her rings, I think she's darned if she does and darned if she doesn't. And it's too bad if this woman can't wear some bits and baubles to events because of forces and events beyond her control.

As for her other jewelry, this is a woman who gets up every day and works hard for Spain and for that family, holding her head up high despite all of this scandal and all of the fun the press make of her and all of the opinion in Spain that she's not a blue blood. She gave up a career to do all of this, and to think it all hangs precariously now. For all of this, to me she's entitled to wear her tiaras every day, with her jeans if she wants, and wear them proudly.

You go girl, and put your jewels back on. I don't see Cristina keeping hers off.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Soraya and AnnieS, you both raise great points.

There's one thing I'm certain of in this whole mess; I feel very sorry for Letizia. I don't know who of the SRF was involved in this mess, but I really don't think Leti was. As for wearing her rings, I think she's darned if she does and darned if she doesn't. And it's too bad if this woman can't wear some bits and baubles to events because of forces and events beyond her control.

As for her other jewelry, this is a woman who gets up every day and works hard for Spain and for that family, holding her head up high despite all of this scandal and all of the fun the press make of her and all of the opinion in Spain that she's not a blue blood. She gave up a career to do all of this, and to think it all hangs precariously now. For all of this, to me she's entitled to wear her tiaras every day, with her jeans if she wants, and wear them proudly.

You go girl, and put your jewels back on. I don't see Cristina keeping hers off.
Has Letizia ever been critizised for wearing her wedding ring? I don't think so.

I find it odd that she stopped wearing it, Felipe is wearing his after all and it is supposed to be the strongest symbol of the bond between them.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Has Letizia ever been critizised for wearing her wedding ring? I don't think so.

I find it odd that she stopped wearing it, Felipe is wearing his after all and it is supposed to be the strongest symbol of the bond between them.
I personally don't see the big deal about the rings. I often went without my wedding ring in favor of something else [or none at all] depending on the event or mood. My husband bought them all for me so it certainly didn't bother him, in fact he would often ask why I wasn't wearing the newer ones as often. We didn't need any outward signs for people to know we were married, our strong personal love proved it. I believe that everyone is just so different in their personal beliefs. My problem is that I was given so many good pieces of jewerly over the years, that one was no longer a more important part of my life. They each had an extremely special meaning, and believe me, a few more sensuous memories than just a fancy wedding or something society demands a woman to wear.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I do too its very bizzare,ok she doesn't like wearing jewels but her wedding ring should be the exception,as you said Felipe is still wearing his!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was only her engagement ring the one that was paid by Iņaki. The reasons for not wearing her wedding ring must be others, and as you say, Felipe still wears his.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
It was only her engagement ring the one that was paid by Iņaki. The reasons for not wearing her wedding ring must be others, and as you say, Felipe still wears his.
The last time I saw Letizia wearing her wedding ring was late October last year,though I could be wrong.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Has Letizia ever been criticized for wearing her wedding ring? I don't think so.

I think you just did by your last sentence....

I hope all is well between Felipe and Leti. I don't think they deserve otherwise.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she just likes doing things to cause some members of these forums to get their panties in a knot. She might have a very good sense of humour about it all.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Since Letizia and Felipe are such an adoring couple, given to long loving looks, etc. in public, and since Felipe still wears his wedding ring and Letizia has, up until October, always worn hers, I am of a mind to think the reason she is not wearing them now is more pedestrian. Perhaps a mild skin irritation or some such?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

There may be a lot of reasons why Letizia stopped wearing her wedding ring, including a skin condition. Or maybe she just doesn't want to. Prince William doesn't wear his wedding ring either (although Kate does); it can sometimes be a matter of simple personal preference.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
There may be a lot of reasons why Letizia stopped wearing her wedding ring, including a skin condition. Or maybe she just doesn't want to. Prince William doesn't wear his wedding ring either (although Kate does); it can sometimes be a matter of simple personal preference.

Prince William never received a wedding ring - he decided against a ring cause he doesnt wear jewellery.

I agree that there are many reasons for her not wearing her rings - Princess Victoria of Sweden has been seen numerous times this year without her rings. Maybe as you say a skin condition or perhaps as its only in the last few months maybe they are getting resized or fixed?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William received one, kind of had to during the ceremony, just chooses not to wear it. I see no issue with no wearing rings. You know you're married.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Actually I do not believe William received a ring during his wedding ceremony. It is not a requirement and it had been announced prior to the wedding that he would not have one.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Maybe she just likes doing things to cause some members of these forums to get their panties in a knot. She might have a very good sense of humour about it all.
Ah, then she is a person I would really enjoy meeting!

Tags
jewellery, letizia, princess letizia, princess of asturias, spain