The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I think given the occasion at the Palacio Real a different pair of earings wouldn't have gone a miss,and no rings again .

The star earings are nice and they may be sentimental to Letizia but she uses them most days and have become boring.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that her gorgeous pearl earrings would have look fantastic this time.
I´m really in love with those earrings

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
I think that her gorgeous pearl earrings would have look fantastic this time.
I´m really in love with those earrings
Yes they are very lovely,but she prefers the Star Earings,I think a different pair of earings might have made her look less drab today.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Letizia had no tiara appearances in 2012. She was very close to wearing a tiara at the Luxembourg pre-wedding dinner but did not make it. I wonder what tiara she could have worn! In 2011 she only had one tiara appearance.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

No earings today and no rings,maybe the Princess has an allergy to jewels

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that's certainly a bare-to-the-bones look; not even her ubiquitous star earrings made an appearance! Is she on a jewelry strike?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Letizia had no tiara appearances in 2012. She was very close to wearing a tiara at the Luxembourg pre-wedding dinner but did not make it. I wonder what tiara she could have worn! In 2011 she only had one tiara appearance.
What! One tiara appearance in two years - why, what's the point of being a princess if one doesn't wear a tiara quite regularly?

I hope the Infantas wear them about the house - any chance they raid the jewelry box?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

What! One tiara appearance in two years - why, what's the point of being a princess if one doesn't wear a tiara quite regularly?
A princess might just take into account the sensitive economic situation in her country. If there's no reason to wear a tiara, why wear one?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

When the RF is in Spain, the only events when tiaras are required are the Gala Dinners for State Visits. There have been no SV last year, I guess due to Spain current economical situation ( and so), and since the lack of tiaras appearances.

They use tiaras abroad as well, in royal weddings and similar events, and Letizia could have worn one if she had attended the Gala Dinner of the Luxembourg wedding. But she didn´t attend, and many of us think it was again due to the economic (not that they can´t afford it, but for a question of image annd sensibility towards the people with difficulties. It wouldn´t be a good image for the RF turnning up in a party abroad with the tiaras on when all Europe is asking when the country is going to receive financial help), and I guess the family´s situation right now had a lot to do in this case too.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
A princess might just take into account the sensitive economic situation in her country. If there's no reason to wear a tiara, why wear one?
You takes things quite literally.

Have you no sense of humor whatsoever?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Im thinking we should rename this thread to Letizia Princess of Austurius jewelry recommedations. Since she doesn't wear her jewels we can at least talk about what would have looked good!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, that's certainly a bare-to-the-bones look; not even her ubiquitous star earrings made an appearance! Is she on a jewelry strike?
I don't think even those star earings could have salvaged that frightful ensemble from yesterday!

There's nothing wrong with minimal and not liking big jewels,but Letizia's not even wearing her wedding ring of late,now the earings are gone
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I don't think even those star earings could have salvaged that frightful ensemble from yesterday!

There's nothing wrong with minimal and not liking big jewels,but Letizia's not even wearing her wedding ring of late,now the earings are gone
The fact that she's not wearing a wedding ring suggests to me that she finds jewelry irritating on her skin. I don't always wear my wedding ring - nothing to do with the state of my marriage, I just find metal against my skin for long periods of time, even precious metals to be annoying.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The fact that she's not wearing a wedding ring suggests to me that she finds jewelry irritating on her skin. I don't always wear my wedding ring - nothing to do with the state of my marriage, I just find metal against my skin for long periods of time, even precious metals to be annoying.
Perhaps she does but she could wear a brooch every now and then and smarten up her over all look!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Perhaps she does but she could wear a brooch every now and then and smarten up her over all look!
I always thought of Leti as a "moody" dresser - it will take a few months at least before she's back to full, fashionable form. And with all the stresses going on in Spain and w/i the SRF, I can hardly blame her.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^From personal experience, nothing like a bit of bling to liven up your mood!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
^^^From personal experience, nothing like a bit of bling to liven up your mood!
Amen! But a future queen who dislikes jewels is an avid royal watchers nightmare
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good Point. I don't think her not wearing some bling is making Spain all around a better place econically. Maybe if she were driving new cars all the time etc it might be insensitive but what difference does her jewerly make. Our business is struggling in this mess but Im still wearing my stuff. Yes I know Im not a princess but it seems so narrow minded to think that way IMO of course.I just think she doesnt find pleasure in jewelry.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't think that's real reason
I have read somewhere that Letizia engagement and wedding rings were bought with supposedly ill-gained money.
Felipe is supposed to have given cash to Inaki Undergarin(his brother in law who his actually involved in a serious affair) to buy the rings.
Inaki,on the other hand,paid them with the credit card of his company whose business is now being investigated by the justice.
I guess that Felipe and Letizia discovered that recently and don't want to be involved in Inaki's affair.
If that really happened that way I will be very sorry for them because I think Felipe will have to prove that he has given the cash to Inaki.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
I don't think that's real reason
I have read somewhere that Letizia engagement and wedding rings were bought with supposedly ill-gained money.
Felipe is supposed to have given cash to Inaki Undergarin(his brother in law who his actually involved in a serious affair) to buy the rings.
Inaki,on the other hand,paid them with the credit card of his company whose business is now being investigated by the justice.
I guess that Felipe and Letizia discovered that recently and don't want to be involved in Inaki's affair.
If that really happened that way I will be very sorry for them because I think Felipe will have to prove that he has given the cash to Inaki.
Many articles say that it was only the engagement ring which was has something to do with the Noos money, not the wedding ring. Felipe asked Cristina to pick up the ring from Jewelry Suarez, she was ill and asked Inaki who sent his business partner Diego Torres who payed for the ring with the Noos credit card.
http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-reale...-felipe-21183/

Tags
jewellery, letizia, princess letizia, princess of asturias, spain