Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia's taste in jewelry in quite minimal and very different to her mother in laws,however hopefully Letizia might add a bit more sparkle for the grandeur ceremonies and more formal events.

I have a feeling that Letizia will continue with her minimalist style as queen as far as jewels are concerned, but hopefully she will ramp it up for state occasions and other events. I wonder if we'll finally get to see the fleur-de-lys tiara.

Last edited:
I don't think she will change her jewelry taste she likes simple jewelry , I don't think being Queen will change that.

Aaaaah, I hope for a "Change" like with Maxima. She always has loved jewels, but she has increased the amount of jewels for her official functions.... maybe we can see that on a Queen Letizia as well.... at least I can hope for it..... :flowers:
BYe Bine

The tiaras posted above are magnificent!

I too hope that Letizia will be more daring with her jewellery choices, when she becomes Queen!

The tiaras posted above are magnificent!

I too hope that Letizia will be more daring with her jewellery choices, when she becomes Queen!

Yes, I agree. I am really loving the Pearl & Diamond Loop Tiara which I think would look best on Letizia.

I don't think she will change her jewelry taste she likes simple jewelry , I don't think being Queen will change that.

I agree, and I think that's wise of Letizia. She seems to understand that with her very tiny frame less is more. She would be overpowered by too much jewelry.

It's a different situation for a woman like Queen Maxima who has both the physique and personality to carry off a more flamboyant appearance.

Last edited:
I wonder will Letizia wear her rings over the next few days and maybe we might see her wearing some new jewels over the next few busy months .It will be interesting to see what jewels the new queen consort has at her disposal.

I wonder will Letizia wear her rings over the next few days and maybe we might see her wearing some new jewels over the next few busy months .It will be interesting to see what jewels the new queen consort has at her disposal.

I think it will be some time before we start to see any material new jewellery on Letizia. They may issue some pictures of the new King and Queen in full royal gear, and we may get to see her in a tiara she has previously not worn (La Buena?). Failing which, we may have to wait for the next tiara event the couple attend - this is more likely to be abroad than on home turf.

Yes,there should be pics in full royal gear. I am curious too what Tiara letizia will use as Not all Tiaras we have Seen her wear should be at her disposal now, eG the prussian tiara belongs to Sofia personally. She could use her rumored New Tiara Or One of the other srf tiaras that Stay with the king, the fleur de lys Tiara Would be a Bit over the Top though. I am curious too if we See any Rings on the Day Or in official pictures.

Yes,there should be pics in full royal gear. I am curious too what Tiara letizia will use as Not all Tiaras we have Seen her wear should be at her disposal now, eG the prussian tiara belongs to Sofia personally. She could use her rumored New Tiara Or One of the other srf tiaras that Stay with the king, the fleur de lys Tiara Would be a Bit over the Top though. I am curious too if we See any Rings on the Day Or in official pictures.

Lets see if the manages to pull off the Fleur-de-lys Tiara. The first official pictures as Queen will be as good an excuse as any for her to use it. If she slants it backwards, she may be able to make it work and not look too OTT.

The floral tiara and the shell tiara also were wedding presents to Queen Sophia, as was the ruby necklace/tiara. The loop tiara was probably inherited by Juan Carlos from his mother, the Countess of Barcelona. Or maybe it was inherited by his sister and then bought back by the King. The Cartier pearl tiara was left to Juan Carlos by his Grandmother, Queen Ena. So all these tiaras are privately owned.

Of course they could decide to pass on the ownership of some of these tiaras to the new King. Or they might continue to share the jewels. But Juan Carlos and Sophia will certainly take care that the new Queen has the necessary jewels for her new position.

The Prussian tiara wouldn't be a good choice for an official portrait anyway, since it does not originate from the Spanish side of the family.
The fleur-de-lys??? Not sure, maybe she should wait for a while before tackling it. Let's get settled in the new role first, and let the financial crisis improve.
I guess I'd like her to try out the Cartier pearl tiara, it is one of my favourites and sufficiantly grand to mark her new position. Also, Queen Sophia has used it for several official portraits, as well as Queen Ena.

Lets see if the manages to pull off the Fleur-de-lys Tiara. The first official pictures as Queen will be as good an excuse as any for her to use it. If she slants it backwards, she may be able to make it work and not look too OTT.

Personally I think the Fleur de Lys Tiara is too big for Letizia's petite frame and hairstyle,but maybe with a fuller hairstyle it could work.The future queen could surprise us royal jewel watchers yet.

Personally I think the Fleur de Lys Tiara is too big for Letizia's petite frame and hairstyle,but maybe with a fuller hairstyle it could work.The future queen could surprise us royal jewel watchers yet.

Needless to say, we await with bated breadth!

i hope letizia delights us with a tiara she's never worn before...
fingers crossed there will be a tiara at all, as the situation in spain is far from being at the top at the moment.

The Cartier pearl tiara was left to Juan Carlos by his Grandmother, Queen Ena.
Queen Ena left it to her younger daughter Infanta Maria Cristina, Countess Marone and Kinjg Juan Carlos apparently bought it back from her. Queen Sofia started to wear it in the early 1990's if i'm correct but Infanta Maria Cristina was still alive then.

I would like to see her in the diamond and pearl loop tiara and this is one who was worn not often by Queen Sofia so i think this would be a nice tiara for official photos.

Queen Ena left it to her younger daughter Infanta Maria Cristina, Countess Marone and Kinjg Juan Carlos apparently bought it back from her. Queen Sofia started to wear it in the early 1990's if i'm correct but Infanta Maria Cristina was still alive then.

I would like to see her in the diamond and pearl loop tiara and this is one who was worn not often by Queen Sofia so i think this would be a nice tiara for official photos.
Sorry for causing confusion! You are of course right about the Cartier tiara.

Let's hope that there will be a gala portrait at all. They might decide to go for something very plein and austere.

The Kings did both, Gala and Business Outfit Portraits. There have to be New pictures for Felipe in King Uniform. Letizia might only wear a long Dress and no tiara. We'll know Soon enough. I Would like to See Letizia in her own New Tiara if it exists and Not in Something Sofia has Worn before.

The Kings did both, Gala and Business Outfit Portraits. There have to be New pictures for Felipe in King Uniform. Letizia might only wear a long Dress and no tiara. We'll know Soon enough. I Would like to See Letizia in her own New Tiara if it exists and Not in Something Sofia has Worn before.

I'd forgotten about Letizia's tiara ,it would be nice to see something new added to the collection,but as you said ...if it exists!

I too would love to see the new tiara fianally worn. Although I did not like the design very much, it made me very curious to see it worn. Maybe it looks better than I imangined? And I would like to see a confirmation that it really exists. The whole rumour about it is such a strange story that I don't know what to believe.

Apart from that, I think that this new tiara wouldn't be a good choice for a first official portrait. The new tiara might spark a new controversy about the costs of the monarchy, etc., etc.

Instead the portrait should convey a message of tradition, historical significance and continuation. That is what orders and family jewels can bring across.

When, do you think, would such a portrait be published (if they will at all)? Would it be alread available on the day of the proclamation?

Instead the portrait should convey a message of tradition, historical significance and continuation. That is what orders and family jewels can bring across.

When, do you think, would such a portrait be published (if they will at all)? Would it be alread available on the day of the proclamation?

In my view, such a portrait should be issued on Day 1. After all, they are the new King and Queens of Spain, and a symbol of all of Spain.

I too would love to see the new tiara fianally worn. Although I did not like the design very much, it made me very curious to see it worn. Maybe it looks better than I imangined? And I would like to see a confirmation that it really exists. The whole rumour about it is such a strange story that I don't know what to believe.

Apart from that, I think that this new tiara wouldn't be a good choice for a first official portrait. The new tiara might spark a new controversy about the costs of the monarchy, etc., etc.

In the present circumstances, I do not think this is the time for a new tiara for Letizia. It would cause too much of a distraction for the principal events.

The Fleur de Lys could be worn quite well with the right hairdo.... i.e. the one Letizia used for the wedding of CP Victoria would make the Fleur de Lys look less big and heavy.....
BYe Bine

In my view, such a portrait should be issued on Day 1. After all, they are the new King and Queens of Spain, and a symbol of all of Spain.

In the present circumstances, I do not think this is the time for a new tiara for Letizia. It would cause too much of a distraction for the principal events.
I would disagree with that. A new tiara would only be a distraction for jewellery fans whereas wearing a tiara of some weight and historic signifcance denotes her new position as Queen Consort and her "starter tiara" can either still be worn or put away for a while.

Everything about Philipe and Letizia needs to lend itself to a significant moment in history and a portrait encapsulates that in one moment of time. This is a pivotal moment, not just for them but for Spain. Both Philipe and Letizia need to be seen to have the gravitas needed in a King and a Queen.

Last edited:
I hope she wears either her new tiara (a new tiara, new, fresh start), or as the new Queen, she might wear one of the two big ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom