Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia had one tiara appearance of 2013:

Pic

I am so glad too see Letizia in a tiara this year as she had no tiara appearances in 2012. I was happy to see that she wore the floral tiara instead of her wedding tiara she usually wears.

It's a beautiful tiara, but I don't like how the base shows up against her hair which is too flat. With these types of tiaras, you need a fuller hairstyle to nestle the base into.

Pic

I am so glad too see Letizia in a tiara this year as she had no tiara appearances in 2012. I was happy to see that she wore the floral tiara instead of her wedding tiara she usually wears.

Oh my...First time for me seeing that picture and I just don't know...

Maybe it's the soft light or maybe the way Letizia has her head tilted, but that is one of the most stunning pictures of HRH The Princess of Asturias I have ever seen.

Thank you!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Pic

The Mellerio Floral Tiara is so delicate and beautiful,it really suits The Princess of Asturias.I do also like the Prussian Diamond Tiara and its another one that Queen Sofia loans to her daughter in law.

Another story I dont get is that of the rings, the wedding ring has nothing to do with the corruption scandal, this supposedly applies to the engagement ring only, so why does this rumor persist that Letizia doesnt wear her wedding ring anymore because of Inaki. Thats BS too. There must be other reasons why she stopped wearing it, but I wouldnt go as far to say she did because the marriage is in crisis. Its weird though, because Felipe wears his and taking it off will always invite speculation.

Whilst the absent wedding ring maybe a cause for nasty gossip,there could also be another reason.Letizia does look like she's in good shape and exercises,it may not fit her any more or else she doesn't like wearing jewelry.

She does wear jewellery (even apart from the star earrings :p) and a simple wedding ring like this one can easily be altered.

When was it last seen, Lux wedding or Dutch inauguration?

Last edited:
She does wear jewellery (even apart from the star earrings :p)

I might be wrong but I don't think Letizia has bothered to change her earrings since Christmas,all we've seen her wear is those 'delightful' diamond stars ;)

I might be wrong but I don't think Letizia has bothered to change her earrings since Christmas,all we've seen her wear is those 'delightful' diamond stars ;)

I think we just need to face the facts. There are women who wear diamond studs all the time, there are women who wear pearl studs all the time - Letizia wears diamond stars.

I think those are her "comfort" earrings; much like comfort food in that she could feel sentimental about them and gives her pleasure while wearing them. They could be also like a pair of comfy slippers you like to wear; you just gravitate toward something that makes you comfortable. My only issue is when she wears these earrings at occasions that call for grander jewels.

Looking GREAT!!!!
Please, please do wear those earrings MORE OFTEN!!!!!
Bye Bine

Very pretty and delicate earrings; they so suit her. And the multi-colored dangling earrings are a very dramatic touch to her outfit.

I've been working on the tiaras of the Spanish Royal Family and like I said in another thread I was surprised by the lack of colored gemstones in their tiara collection. I don't believe that the Ansorena tiara was actually bought for Princess Letizia for several reason but I am also glad that it is unlikely because if she were to receive a new tiara it should be something with a little color. To date Princess Letizia has only worn all diamond or pearl and diamond tiaras which are the only things available in the family's collection (unless you count the Niarchos rubies which I believe should never be worn as a tiara again).

Floral Tiara
Shell Tiara
Prussian Diamond Tiara

Love those earrings!

Letizia is rumored to dislike wearing jewels. For big events she tends to stick with the loans from Queen Sofia. Also, given Spain's financial downtown over the past few years it may be thought a bit insensitive to wear a shiny new tiara when people or unemployed or hungry. Spain seems to be emerging from the worst of the downturn and folks are becoming accustomed to the austerity measures so maybe we'll see the tiara in the next few years.

One jewel that I though Letizia might wear today was her wedding ring but she didn't which I guess is nothing new with Letizia, but still a bit odd!

I love drop earrings with an upsweep and this is a lovely set indeed.

As King Juan Carlos is stepping down and Princess Felipe and Princess Letizia will become the new King and Queen of Spain, we can expect to see Princess Letizia wearing some of the jewels currently worn by Queen Sofia. As I wrote in Queen Sofia's thread, I don't expect any kind of formal passing down of jewels but simply for the royal ladies to keep sharing as they do now with Princess Letizia moving up into some of the bigger pieces and Queen Sofia sticking with the smaller pieces.

The Spanish royals have so few tiara events that it will probably be awhile before we see Princess Letizia in any of the Queen Sofia's tiaras. If they follow the same procedure as Juan Carlos for the coronation/inauguration, I think that there will be a swearing in at the Cortes Generales followed by mass with no tiara wearing opportunities. My hope (however unlikely) is that they will release a first official portrait of the new queen wearing a tiara. To my knowledge Princess Letizia has never worn a tiara for an official portrait so it would be a first if it happened.

Here are some of Queen Sofia's tiaras that Princess Letizia has never worn by might wear once she is queen.

Fleur de Lys Tiara - this one is the tiara most thought of as the tiara only for the Queen Consort of Spain
Pearl & Diamond Loop Tiara
Pearl & Diamond Tiara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom