Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We still dont know if this tiara exists and I still see no sense in it since the SRF already owns a FDL tiara, that is reserved to Spanish Queens. So maybe the purpose for Felipe was to buy his wife a toned-down version of a FDL tiara that will be passed on to Leonor once Letizia would be ready for the big version?

What a waste of money since Letizia doesnt even wear her wedding ring any longer, and for the few occasions she is being forced by protocol to wear a tiara one of Sofia's will do the job much better than Felipe's supposed gift which looks unfinished or scant.
Tiara Mania: Fleur de Lys Tiara

That's true Duke it could be all a royal jewel watchers fable .Of all Letizia's jewels only those star earings seem to be her favourite,I often wonder where or when they came on the scene.

That small fleur-de-lys tiara remains a mystery to me. It doesn't make sense at all.

Hands down, the older FDL tiara is definitely more imposing and grander than the wispier new FDL, if it exists at all as DOM stated. At this point, it would just be nice to see Letizia make use of the current royal jewels than trying to figure out if she'll ever wear one that has yet to be seen.

And those star earrings seem to be her go-to earrings, a pair that you use on a casual basis. She certainly gets her use out of them!

Last edited:
I like the smaller Fleur de Lys tiara. It's a totally different tiara than the other one, much smaller and simpler, but I find it very beautiful

No, it only came up in the media that Felipe bought the tiara as a gift for his wife some time ago. We don't know if this is true.

The Fleur de Lys brooch is the only part of it we have seen I believe.

The Fleur de Lys brooch is the only part of it we have seen I believe.

... it could well be a separte piece that somebody gave to Letizia so she didnt have to wear her safety pin any longer at state events.

Oh, my, this is the first time I saw the safety pin. Bejeweled or not, it's just....weird.

LOL, it's indeed weird. It seems to be bejeweled but from a certain distance it can't be seen and looks like a normal safety pin that she forgot.

A Tiara A Day featured the Ansorena fleur de lys tiara a few days ago. It's speculated that it was made for and given to Letizia by Ansorena (rather than it being purchased by Felipe), and that it would be inappropriate for a member of the Spanish royal family to accept such a gift. Given the plummet in the Spanish royal family's popularity and the economic conditions in Spain right now, this is probably why Letizia hasn't worn the tiara.

http://atiaraaday.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-asturias-ansorena-tiara.html

There was some discussion in the comments about Ansorena making a deal with Letizia similar to one that CP Mary has with Lynggaard regarding the Midnight Tiara - Lynggaard owns the piece, but it is available exclusively to Mary as sort of a permanent loan. I think that would make a lot of sense in this situation, and it would make it more appropriate for Letizia to wear the tiara in public without the controversy surrounding the acceptance of a large gift.

The new earings are a wonderful addition to Letizia's collection,lets hope she gives those Diamond star one's a much needed rest.

Gorgeous earrings and a stunning outfit for Letizia.

Oh my, we're seeing some beautiful bijoux adorning Letizia's ears! Those diamond earrings are just magnificent and the colored gem ones are really beautiful.

And I also hope she gives the star studs a long retirement in the back of her jewel box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom