Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a public person, its kind of a statement to suddenly stop wearing a wedding ring after 8 years of marriage. There must be a reason behind it to do so because it will start the rumor mill going in every direction (see on this board over the time: skin condition, weight issue = ring too loose, marriage trouble, ring paid with Inaki's dirty money etc).

^^^Agreed, it's odd to see a married person suddenly sans wedding ring after years of wearing one. Maybe there's a perfectly logical reason for it, though. Eh, I guess I'll wait for that rumor mill to start grinding.

Last edited:
Artemisia said:
There may be a lot of reasons why Letizia stopped wearing her wedding ring, including a skin condition. Or maybe she just doesn't want to. Prince William doesn't wear his wedding ring either (although Kate does); it can sometimes be a matter of simple personal preference.

I am married 15 years and often don't wear my ring(s)... Just depends on the mood, my day, how hurried I am when I dress...

Ah, then she is a person I would really enjoy meeting!

Me too! And these days she certainly needs that sense of humor ....:whistling:

I often don't wear my rings either after many years of marriage. I'm just not a ring person. It's rank speculation as to why Leti's not wearing her rings, but I do agree that a person in her position taking off her rings, esp. at a time like this, esp. if she was in the habit of wearing them all of these years, is going to cause a stir, like it or not.

Me too! And these days she certainly needs that sense of humor ....:whistling:

I often don't wear my rings either after many years of marriage. I'm just not a ring person. It's rank speculation as to why Leti's not wearing her rings, but I do agree that a person in her position taking off her rings, esp. at a time like this, esp. if she was in the habit of wearing them all of these years, is going to cause a stir, like it or not.

She isn't like you or me or any other person though:flowers: She's the crown princess, and it's silly to think people won't wonder why she's stopped wearing her wedding ring.

Last edited:
She isn't like you or me or any other person though:flowers: She's the crown princess, and it's silly to think people won't wonder why she's stopped wearing her wedding ring.

I agree with you - and with her intelligence and background in journalism she knows that taking that ring off without explanation is a statement. She's also not going to purposefully draw even more gossip towards the House of Bourbon.

BTW, how long has she been sans ring?

Exactly my thoughts Emmily,perhaps there is an innocent reason behind it but it is a little odd!

Just because she is Princess of Asturias does that mean she has to announce why she does or does not wear a piece of jewellery? Does anyone outside of these forums or perhaps a Spanish gossip columnist care about such things....you know, people living their own lives in the real world?

But this is why we come to the Royal Forums since our focus is on all things royal and we like to chat about them. And while people in the "real world" may not care about such matters, this is what we here like to discuss since we have such an interest and trod these threads while living our own lives. The Princess certainly doesn't have to issue any announcement about why she isn't wearing an item of jewelry she's worn since her wedding day, and no one expects her to, but that won't stop us royal watchers from comment and speculation.

Last edited:
Just because she is Princess of Asturias does that mean she has to announce why she does or does not wear a piece of jewellery? Does anyone outside of these forums or perhaps a Spanish gossip columnist care about such things....you know, people living their own lives in the real world?

Who's asking for an announcement?

This is a thread on Letizia's jewels,everyone is free to make a comment on her jewels or lack of them if they wish and for those who don't care they can move right on.

Yes, but people are going beyond commenting on what she is or is not wearing, and coming up with theories/suggestions/innuendo more appropriate for a gossip column.

:previous: OK, human nature being what it is, we see a woman who has always worn her wedding ring sudden cease to do so . . . just like that. On a jewellery thread people are going to speculate as to why.

a. Firstly perhaps she has a skin rash, it happens to lots of women. A little soap or such gets under the ring and bingo, it itches and flakes. But too much time has passed, there is no rash and there is no ring,

b. It is now too big or small and needs resizing. Again, too much time has passed and there is no ring.

c. Scandal surrounding the initial purchase of it erupts and out of embarrassment or anger or just to take the heat off, she stops wearing it. Perhaps.

All of the above are possibilities but one thing sticks in our minds and photos . . . Letizia always wore her wedding ring and now she does not. And, it has not been replaced by any other ring.

So there you have it. Mystery just made for the conspiracy theorists among us because we keep looking at her jewellery or lack thereof.

:previous:
c. Scandal surrounding the initial purchase of it erupts and out of embarrassment or anger or just to take the heat off, she stops wearing it. Perhaps.

I wouldn't call a scandal the purchase of the ring. It seems that aside from monarchist's forums and a few gossipy magazines in Spain, Letizia's rings aren't the focus of public speculation. I think a combo of:

1. Public knowledge that Letizia is not terribly fond of jewellery
2. Public knowledge that the rings were picked up and paid by Urdangarin to prevent speculation prior to the engagement.
3. Letizia from time to time has taken off her rings as her fingers became sore after dozens of handshakes.

....has given Letizia the opportunity to quietly store them away, at a time when royals' austerity in Spain is more than ever scrutinised.

:previous: Good points, but as to "not being terribly fond of jewellery . . ." I think the decision to go "ring free" would have emerged intermittently over the preceding eight years.

It did Marg. Letizia has always, and from time to time, taken off her rings. The difference this time is that the rings have stayed off.

Last edited:
Yes, but people are going beyond commenting on what she is or is not wearing, and coming up with theories/suggestions/innuendo more appropriate for a gossip column.

And those post which follow that path will be dealt with by a moderator,so long as posters remain on topic and don't start speculating we have no issue.

Meh to those tiny earrings that you need a magnifying glass to see. I like that fun, fab brooch much better! That's really nice and goes so well with her dress.

Last edited:
Are they new?

I wonder if the brooch is part of the outfit or a new piece?
The earrings are definitely not new; Letizia wears them all the time (unless she's wearing her pearl earrings).
The brooch seems to be part of the outfit. It definitely doesn't feel like a "real" jewellery (made of precious metals and stones).

I don´t like her new earrings, they´re just so tiny :eek:
I hope she isn´t going to wear them all the time instead of the stars. I liked the stars much, much better.
The brooch is great, love it! ;)

Thanks,I can't recall the last time Letizia wore a brooch it much a few years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any good photo of the arabisk necklace earings and bracelet
this is said to be a gift from a arabic country
http://www.pigeonhole-this.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/letizia26jv.jpg
i would like to see it up close

I am glad that i posted about this item then as some had forgotten abpout it, but i would love to see it in better quality photo

what jewllery items has she shared with soda, emerald set and the ruby set?

I'd forgotten about those,its been so long since Letizia wore any jewels,except her boring star earings.

Those are some magnificent jewels she's wearing; I've forgotten how beautiful she looks wearing more than her few insubstantial pieces.

When was that? What a perfect set! How lacy looking and delicate, suits her perfectly

I was trying to see what earings Letizia wore today to such a grand occasion in the Vatican,I was hoping she's wear the diamond fleur de lys brooch of the Borbóns,but I guess that was hoping for a miracle ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom