The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Finally a picture of the tiara!!
But I don't know what to make of this story!? Obviously previous information has been wrong: It was not ordered by Prince Felipe but it was an idea of Ansorena which dates back to the wedding. Nor is it made up of unused family jewels. If I understand the article correctly the tiara was completed in 2006. But Hola skillfully avoids mentioning if it was purchased by Felipe or if it was a present from Ansorena.
The fleur-de-lys brooch which Letizia sometimes wore on her order ribbon is the central part of the tiara. When did she start wearing this brooch? I think it was before the financial crises, so why didn't she wear the tiara?
By the way, Hola makes a mistake in the article: they say that so far Letizia only wore the flora and the Prussian tiara. But as we know also has worn the Mellerio shell tiara.
Actually I'm not sure what to think about the design. I expected something insubstancial, but to me it lacks detail and inspiration. Maybe it improves on me by being worn?

Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmmm, Tilia, I see your point. It seems simple in design but maybe thats a good thing. I love the pearls, even though Princess Letizia does not seem to wear much pearls. Some earrings a couple of times is all.

I cant wait to see it on her......!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

If this is the tiara indeed the media has been speculating about it is simple but lovely and very suitable for Letizia's style, she would look horrible wearing the big tiaras of Queen Sofia (that suit her and her shape of face very well).

What I wouldnt find suitable is Letizia wearing it during her time as CP, the Fleur de Lys is the symbol of the Spanish Kings and it should only be worn on a Queen's head (Sofia only wears her Fleur de Lys tiara on very rare occasions and has never passed it to anybody else).
Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
If this is the tiara indeed the media has been speculating about it is simple but lovely and very suitable for Letizia's style, she would look horrible wearing the big tiaras of Queen Sofia (that suit her and her shape of face very well).

What I wouldnt find suitable is Letizia wearing it during her time as CP, the Fleur de Lys is the symbol of the Spanish Kings and it should only be worn on a Queen's head (Sofia only wears her Fleur de Lys tiara on very rare occasions and has never passed it to anybody else).
I don't share this opinion . The Fleur de Lys is the symbol of the Borbóns, not of the King. Letizia has worn a Fleur de Lys brooch before(in fact, the centre of this tiara, that is detachable) and the other day she wore a fan with many little Fleur de Lys on it. This is not the Queen Tiara, like the Fleur de Lys tiara that belonged to Victoria Eugenia and only the Queens have worn.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up

I think it's a great design for Letizia-sort of delicate and elegant but not too plain and boring. Love love love the pearls and hope she gets a chance to wear it in public soon (hopefully with a really fantastic red gown!!)
Old 09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

It's nice, I like her new tiara. It's simple which is good since she's crown princess she has a simple fleur de lys tiara, and when she's queen she'll have an extravagant one and then Letizia could pass this one too Leonor and start a tradition of sorts. :)
Old 09-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

I don´t like the new tiara is very simple. When they bought the tiara?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I think it's delicate enough for Letizia's petite frame. Can't wait to wait to see her wearing it. She wore the Fleur de Lys as a brooch at Victoria's wedding.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

According to the new article in Hola the tiara was an idea of the late owner of Ansorena (he died in 2006 and his successors completed the task). Hola does not give a precise time line, but Letizia wore the fleur-de-lys brooch from the tiara already in 2008. According to Hola the tiara was not an idea of Prince Felipe and he did not commission it. On the Spanish board Foro Dinastias there is a large discussion going on because all the contradicting information looks like the court is manipulating information. Maybe the court tries to pass it off as a present from Ansorena, in order to pacify the discussions about their spending too much money.
All this sounds like a thriller to me:
chapter 1: a wedding anniversary present commissiond for Letizia by her husband who is involed in the design
chapter 2: the tiara is made from recycled family jewels
chapter 3: the tiara is all new, a present from the jewellery house (by the way: Ansorena has tiaras for sale which are variations of the same design, so it is good advertisement for them.)
chapter 4:...???
Old 10-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I dont find anything special about the new tiara nor to i find the craftsmanship anything special. There are much nicer tiaras in the family collection. I agree its a delicate tiara & could look good on Letizia but cant judge till ive seen it on.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I made a little photoshop: Here's an impression how the tiara could look on Letizia:
Letizia and the new tiara

Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mmmm....I don´t know what to think about this tiara. I think that thedesign is quite nice and delicate, but I´m not quite sure about the pearls, I think it would look better without them.
I didn´t expect a very impressive tiara, anyway

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 10-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

It's hard to judge without having seen it being worn, but atm, I don't like it much at all. The pearls look quite large for the size of the frame, and the design itself is dismal.

Some think it's pretty, I think it looks like costume jewellery. No matter how much it cost (?), it looks cheap.

The Fleur de Lys brooch itself is however, quite beautiful.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think we should judge before we see the tiara on Letizia. It may look very graceful on her hair and head.
For exmaple I didn't care for the camoe tiara before the wedding, I always that it was rather robust, but after seeing it worn by CP Victoria, I loved it.
Hiar, dress and occasion can transform a headpiece...
Old 10-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I made a little photoshop: Here's an impression how the tiara could look on Letizia:
Letizia and the new tiara
Great job Her Majesty. I think its not my favorite,but Letizia will make it beautiful. Thanks for the photo!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Courtier

The tiara might not be impressive but it is special. It was made especially for her.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
The tiara might not be impressive but it is special. It was made especially for her.
I would not call it so special. Ansorena has made at least two more variations of this tiara. They both have no pearls, but one has huuuge diamond in the central motif, and the other has a couple of significant diamond drops. The whole idea seems quite commercial.
I am sooo curious to see her finally wear it. Let's hope that she gives it a nice up-do hairstyle. Now that the story is out in the public, she should just wear it for the next good occasion.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Nobility

My thoughts to the new tiara:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: First photo of princess Letizia's new diadem

It is contemporary/modern. We are used to old tiaras, that's correct however we should take into consideration that they have been new/modern at their times too - so maybe the same discussions ongoing.
It is simple and I think this is good for Letizia who seems to be best with modern simple designs (let's get it right - something which she can wear with her hair down is maybe better then something where she needs a more updo type of hair).
Let's wait and see - I think it can work.

Howver there is one point I don't like - this is Ansorena having VERY similar tiaras on sale....
But maybe this is what they want to achieve - tell people finally that it is an advertisement for Spanish products/´jewelry ????
Old 10-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
I don't think we should judge before we see the tiara on Letizia.
Wise advice. The tiara we've seen is either the jeweller's mockup or has been photographed in very flat light where it appears lifeless and unattractive.

Here's the only image of the tiara we've seen so far...

-> Letizia's Ansorena Tiara

By way of contrast, here's the tiara's central part photographed well with diamonds flashing...

-> Letizia's Fleur de Lys
Image courtesy of Tamara at RJOTWMB

My point being that when we eventually see the tiara photographed properly, opinions may change. It will still be a simple tiara but it won't look as flat and dull.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Nobility

Oh, I didn't like it. :(

Tags
jewellery, letizia, princess letizia, princess of asturias, spain