Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when she had this new Lebrusan bracelet on September, some spanish wrote about "the new expensive bracelet of Letizia". The bracelest costs about 900 euros.

HRH doesn't need to wear new ones,she has plenty of older pieces crying out to be worn in her jewel chest :D

Its not quite true: they had another State Visit in April 2011 hosting Qatar, with the men in white tie but the women only in long dresses without tiaras.

So maybe the whole protocol will be changed going forward and they skip the tiaras alltogether.

The State Visits have died down since then, I assume because of the economic situation. Its the government who calls them, not the Royal House.
You are right, I forgot about the Qatar visit because I only noted the tiara appearances.

I understand about the awful economic situation. But I always thought that state visits aren't about glamour and fun, but important political events that usually come paired with economic missions. And wearing jewels which are there anyway doesn't cost anything.

HRH doesn't need to wear new ones,she has plenty of older pieces crying out to be worn in her jewel chest :D

But since she had it right after her 40th birthday, it probably was a gift, so it is understandable that she wears it.

But since she had it right after her 40th birthday, it probably was a gift, so it is understandable that she wears it.

Oh I had forgotten about that,its a very lovely bracelet!

Little more bling for Letizia yesterday at the award delivery, these wonderful earrings
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Letizia+Spain+Attends+Mujer+Hoy+Awards+UutFxbK99XCx.jpg

Did we ever figure out who designed these beautiful earrings? I know she has several pairs of earrings from YANES (:::Yanes:::), but I couldn't find this design on there. If someone has any info on this particular pair, please share it. I have been hunting for so many years for the designer of these earrings.

Some of her earrings from YANES are:

Worn in 2004 at a pre-wedding event in Denmark:
850b4b873f53b7063b189d2f15f0c27a.jpg

A similar one to her crescent earrings, but same collection
18211f2bf8b1155091d08b860f9406e0.jpg

Similar to her starburst earrings
c0bbaf7f996ef51ba9b8b3b10522a02d.jpg

Her aquamarine or blue topaz chandelier earrings
8880d86eedd89746c932495713f5d300.jpg

I think her star earrings are also from YANES
af9953234d05efd7fc6a80fc8f3b9ff4.jpg

All photos from YANES.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting all of the above,it seems that Letizia has a deep fondness for those Star Earings and rarely leaves home without them!

Maybe I've missed something in the translation but did Letizia mention in this interview that she 'dislikes' jewellery ?

Monarquía Confidencial

Yes, she mentioned that she dislikes jewelry and only wears jewelry when absolutely necessary.

Yes, she mentioned that she dislikes jewelry and only wears jewelry when absolutely necessary.

And even when she does its the bare minimal,she's not even wearing her wedding ring of late.

And even when she does its the bare minimal,she's not even wearing her wedding ring of late.

It's a pity. Lets hope her daughters will once more likes to use the Family Jewels.

That makes the story of her yet unworn new tiara even more strange. Why would her hubby give her a tiara when he knows that she doesn't care for jewellery? Will we ever see it worn? Does it really exist, or is it a publicity stunt of the jeweller:eek:? Or did Letizia just say this because she wants to appear down-to-earth during crisis times?

That makes the story of her yet unworn new tiara even more strange. Why would her hubby give her a tiara when he knows that she doesn't care for jewellery? Will we ever see it worn? Does it really exist, or is it a publicity stunt of the jeweller:eek:? Or did Letizia just say this because she wants to appear down-to-earth during crisis times?

I've often wondered about this tiara if it is real or just another media rumour,I think Letizia prefers smaller jewels to rather large pieces.There's nothing wrong with that,keeping it simple might work for the Princess,I just wish she'd wear a brooch every now and then & give those star earings a well deserved rest in 2013.

Every one and then there will be events that "force" Letizia to wear a tiara, because dress code demands it. If the tiara exists, we will see it, but maybe not in her PoA days.

I've often wondered about this tiara if it is real or just another media rumour,I think Letizia prefers smaller jewels to rather large pieces.There's nothing wrong with that,keeping it simple might work for the Princess,I just wish she'd wear a brooch every now and then & give those star earings a well deserved rest in 2013.

Yes but once she is Queen and both she and her daughters attend State Banquets she should also use the the bigger tiaras and some of the necklaces with them, otherwise we would not see much of the Family Jewels. .

Every one and then there will be events that "force" Letizia to wear a tiara, because dress code demands it. If the tiara exists, we will see it, but maybe not in her PoA days.

I don't think there will be too many of those events for some time,hopefully we will see the tiara before we all forget about it :D

The Star Earings yet again today :whistling:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
I guess they are her favorites for a personal reason. We all seem to have a certain item that brings a sensual moment to mind and delight in wearing. Even in my older age, remember the moments and take extra pleasure when wearing certain pieces of jewerly that only I know the meaning of.;)

I think given the occasion at the Palacio Real a different pair of earings wouldn't have gone a miss,and no rings again .

The star earings are nice and they may be sentimental to Letizia but she uses them most days and have become boring.

I think that her gorgeous pearl earrings would have look fantastic this time.
I´m really in love with those earrings :cool:

I think that her gorgeous pearl earrings would have look fantastic this time.
I´m really in love with those earrings :cool:

Yes they are very lovely,but she prefers the Star Earings,I think a different pair of earings might have made her look less drab today.

Letizia had no tiara appearances in 2012. She was very close to wearing a tiara at the Luxembourg pre-wedding dinner but did not make it. I wonder what tiara she could have worn! In 2011 she only had one tiara appearance.

Yes, that's certainly a bare-to-the-bones look; not even her ubiquitous star earrings made an appearance! Is she on a jewelry strike?

Last edited:
Letizia had no tiara appearances in 2012. She was very close to wearing a tiara at the Luxembourg pre-wedding dinner but did not make it. I wonder what tiara she could have worn! In 2011 she only had one tiara appearance.

What! One tiara appearance in two years - why, what's the point of being a princess if one doesn't wear a tiara quite regularly?

I hope the Infantas wear them about the house - any chance they raid the jewelry box? ;)

What! One tiara appearance in two years - why, what's the point of being a princess if one doesn't wear a tiara quite regularly?

A princess might just take into account the sensitive economic situation in her country. If there's no reason to wear a tiara, why wear one?

:previous: When the RF is in Spain, the only events when tiaras are required are the Gala Dinners for State Visits. There have been no SV last year, I guess due to Spain current economical situation :)bang::bang::bang::angry::angry::nonono: and so), and since the lack of tiaras appearances.

They use tiaras abroad as well, in royal weddings and similar events, and Letizia could have worn one if she had attended the Gala Dinner of the Luxembourg wedding. But she didn´t attend, and many of us think it was again due to the economic (not that they can´t afford it, but for a question of image annd sensibility towards the people with difficulties. It wouldn´t be a good image for the RF turnning up in a party abroad with the tiaras on when all Europe is asking when the country is going to receive financial help), and I guess the family´s situation right now had a lot to do in this case too.

A princess might just take into account the sensitive economic situation in her country. If there's no reason to wear a tiara, why wear one?

You takes things quite literally.

Have you no sense of humor whatsoever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom