The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Those are the three bracelets DoM was writing about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The same thing happened to the bracelets the letters of her daughter's / Carla's name were attached to, she used to wear them all the time, not without my bracelets, even at State Dinners, until they went completely earlier this year and were never seen again.
http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_960lo.jpg

http://royals.web-log.nl/royals/2008...felipe-en.html (scroll down!)

Old 11-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

This is the first time I see these 3 bracelets clearly and I find them quite cheap-looking. But it's a nice gesture, since she included her little niece, too.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinaB. View Post
This is the first time I see these 3 bracelets clearly and I find them quite cheap-looking. But it's a nice gesture, since she included her little niece, too.
I think I have to disagree, they dont look cheap looking at all. I actually think its really nice that she wears them (but not on state visit dinners).
You can get similar but diamonds instead of letters. I have a pair and I must say it isnt cheap, each diamond is 4-6 carats in different shapes.

Does anyone know who designed them?

They are very similar to a bracelet I have, same finishing and same gold chain but then I guess anybody can do it.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Royal Highness

I too have to agree that they are not cheap looking. I do miss seeing them though, I thought they were wonderful and very thoughtful. As far as the designer goes, I haven't a clue.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I miss all her jewerly. Princess Letizia just doesn't seem into her jewels lately...and she has some gorgeous pieces. Hmmm, don't know why!!Maybe with the economy she is toning things down. Although I can't say I know much about the economy in Spain!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:10 AM
Courtier

I am missing substancial pieces as well..... same tiara during the entire galas last year.... no necklaces ..... always MUCH more downtoned than OK for a CP. Would like to know, how much "influence" she has on the jewellery box of Queen Sofia......
In general I have the impression, that she changed her (gala) jewellery style towards large (and impressive) diamond earrings, bracelet & (potentially) tiara. But as most of the time the earrrings are hidden in her hair, she looked "downsized" in terms of jewellery.
I would wish for more glitter in 2010!!!!!
BYe Bine
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The SRF are very restrictive with "state" jewellery (the "wow" pieces), even Queen Sofia hardly wears her 3 top class tiaras but uses one of the other 3 pieces that she shares with Letizia, who did not get her own tiara after marriage. Therefore it is no surprise that Letizia usually ends up with the least important tiara, the Prussian tiara, that is brought in by Sofia and has nothing to do with the SRF.

Unlike eg the nordic CPs or female royals in general who look like decorated Christmas trees at times, Letizia has few, but expensive and obviously personal related jewellery, what suits her appearance. She hardly ever wears pieces that are also used by Sofia what gives the impression that the Queen of Spain has a firm grip on her jewellery box.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Many thanks, Duke. What a shame, that Sofia seems to be so strict ...
Well, she already did wear some more impressive jewels from her mother in law sometimes, i.e. the diamond /emerald collier or the diamond collier (QM wore at her own wedding)..... Letizia has also worn the 2 other "smaller" tiaras in the past already, so that´s why I am wondering, what made her so "reluctant" to more creativity in jewels.... But in case she is simply not "allowed" to get access....
Bye Bine
Old 02-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Princess has taken earrings, necklaces and brooches that belong to the Queen in several occasions, but they are personal jewels of the Queen Sofia. The big jewels that the Queen uses (the important tiaras, the necklaces of diamonds and pearls, the bracelets), are those which belonged to the Queen Victoria Eugenia, they belong to the King and theoretically the use is exclusive for the Queen of Spain. The Infantas have not taken these jewels, only in her wedding Infanta Cristina could take the diamond earrings.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Royal Highness

My impression is, that the SRF is deliberately toning down their appearance because there is a strong republican movement in the country. They don't want to fuel the anti-monarchist discussions by appearing ostentatious. It is not just Letizia who is constantly wearing the same small tiara, also the Queen hardly ever wears anything other than the floral tiara, which is also quite small. Last year she only wore the ruby tiara in its small version once. So it is not just Letizia being kept short. For us jewellery fans that is a great pity, but politically it seems quite wise to me.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Nobility

she has beautiful and intersting jewels
Old 02-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
My impression is, that the SRF is deliberately toning down their appearance because there is a strong republican movement in the country. They don't want to fuel the anti-monarchist discussions by appearing ostentatious. It is not just Letizia who is constantly wearing the same small tiara, also the Queen hardly ever wears anything other than the floral tiara, which is also quite small. Last year she only wore the ruby tiara in its small version once. So it is not just Letizia being kept short. For us jewellery fans that is a great pity, but politically it seems quite wise to me.
I agree Tilia, I was frustrated to not see Letizia in any of her beautiful jewels lately but maybe that is what has been agreed the RF should do. I dont see how it makes any difference but then again... what do I know, we don't have a Royal Family in the US!!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I agree Tilia, I was frustrated to not see Letizia in any of her beautiful jewels lately but maybe that is what has been agreed the RF should do. I dont see how it makes any difference but then again... what do I know, we don't have a Royal Family in the US!!
You are right, it doesn't make a difference to the royal finances, since the historic jewels are always there, whether they are worn or not. But I guess that toning down their appearances makes a difference to how the public perceives their royal family. After all, we royal jewellery fans are a tiny minority in the world. Most people would just see all the bling-bling and they might think that those royals are just rich, spoiled and lazy.
When it comes to the real goodies in the Spanish vaults, I am hoping for the big Swedish wedding this summer. They really should get out some of the bigger tiaras and some nice necklaces. I would like to see Letizia with the Mellerio shell tiara again, which is gorgeous, imho.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

A photo gallery of Letizia´s earrings during the years:
FOTOGALERIA Os brincos de Letizia - Caras.pt
Old 03-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

very nice collection of earring , any one has a photo of letizia using some expensive watch as cartier or chanel
Old 03-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for this wonderful photo gallery! Letizia owns a beautiful collection of earrings - I'm keen on her pearl earrings in particular. She should have chosen one of these stunning pairs to wear in Germany. Her appearance required some nice jewels as well IMO.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Nobility

Princess Letizia's necklace (Photo from PPE)

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
A photo gallery of Letizia´s earrings during the years:
FOTOGALERIA Os brincos de Letizia - Caras.pt
Thanks LadyFinn for the gallery. Letizia has such elegant jewels, I miss seeing her in them. I can't understand why she cant wear a diamond cross or something, it seems ridiculous. I bet the people who are giving the pressure are still wearing their jewelry! But, I guess who needs the grief!!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

A bigger photo of today´s necklace (click):
Huffington Post
Old 04-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Today's necklace is nothing special IMO, just like anything else.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, princess letizia, princess of asturias, spain