The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

closeup of the diamond, sapphire and pearl necklace and earrings which she wore (first and only time) at her pre-weddding dinner - they are really beautiful and i think i read they were a gift from the King and Queen at the time of the engagement
Letizia
from royals.web-log.nl: Terugblik > Diner huwelijk Felipe en Letizia

Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

A close-up of Letizia´s beautiful bracelet, she wore it today at a lunch which king Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and she herself offered for 2008 Cervantes Award.
BelgaPicture
This bracelet is exquisite.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

Once again Letizia wore the prussian tiara and the queen wore the flower tiara for the state visit from India. They are both really beautiful pieces, but I wonder if they have misplaced their other tiaras? It's the third time this year that they wear these, they must be real favourites.
It looks like Letizia gave up wearing the safety pin (thank you, Letizia!) and replaced it with a brooch. I think it has a fleur-de-lys motive, but I couldn't find clear close-ups.
Still, I think it looks better when the brooch is worn higher, at the shoulder instead of at the hip.
(Puh, I think I'm difficult to please! Forgive me)
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Once again Letizia wore the prussian tiara and the queen wore the flower tiara for the state visit from India. They are both really beautiful pieces, but I wonder if they have misplaced their other tiaras? It's the third time this year that they wear these, they must be real favourites.
I think next week for the french State Visit we will see other tiaras. Probably the Queen will wear one of the bigger tiaras.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
A close-up of Letizia´s beautiful bracelet, she wore it today at a lunch which king Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and she herself offered for 2008 Cervantes Award.
BelgaPicture
This bracelet is exquisite.
Is that the same bracelet that she sometimes wear at gala functions, only close to her elbow? I believe it is a gift from an arab ruler.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sofia hasn't worn one of her "exclusive" 3 tiaras at home since December 2007 (although used the Fleur de Lys tiara abroad). As long as she continues to wear one of the other 3 tiaras she shares with Letizia it is likely that Letizia will end up with the most unimportant one, the Prussian tiara.

I was surprised not to see Sofia more "dressed up" at the Russian state visit, let's hope she will consider an upgrade for Mr Sarkozy.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sofia hasn't worn one of her "exclusive" 3 tiaras at home since December 2007 (although used the Fleur de Lys tiara abroad). As long as she continues to wear one of the other 3 tiaras she shares with Letizia it is likely that Letizia will end up with the most unimportant one, the Prussian tiara.

I was surprised not to see Sofia more "dressed up" at the Russian state visit, let's hope she will consider an upgrade for Mr Sarkozy.
I read somewhere that the Infantas will also be present next week. Then Letizia will wear another as Cristina either weras the floral tiara or the prussian tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I read somewhere that the Infantas will also be present next week. Then Letizia will wear another as Cristina either weras the floral tiara or the prussian tiara.
Will Elena also attend? She might also borrow one of the royal tiaras. After the split with her husband she might chose not to wear the tiara of Jaime de Marichalar's family any longer. It will be interesting so see.
As far as I know, Letizia was the only one who wore the prussian tiara since her marriage. Is that correct? It has become kind of her signature tiara. So, if the infantas attend next week, Letizia is likely to wear the prussina tiara again.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia wore a beautiful earrings´pair yesterday:
Galerías de imágenes

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Will Elena also attend? She might also borrow one of the royal tiaras. After the split with her husband she might chose not to wear the tiara of Jaime de Marichalar's family any longer. It will be interesting so see.
As far as I know, Letizia was the only one who wore the prussian tiara since her marriage. Is that correct? It has become kind of her signature tiara. So, if the infantas attend next week, Letizia is likely to wear the prussina tiara again.
Sometimes Letizia wore the floral tiara and Cristina wore the prussian tiara. I think it was this way at the State Visiit of President Putin in January 2006.
I think that also Elena will attend but not sure.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

royals.web-log.nl: Galadinner's

(We can see better the jewelleries of Letizia.)
Old 04-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Sometimes Letizia wore the floral tiara and Cristina wore the prussian tiara. I think it was this way at the State Visiit of President Putin in January 2006.
I think that also Elena will attend but not sure.
Since I couldn't remember pictures of it, I looked up the old threat and of course you were right, Stefan, it was at the visit of President Putin.
This gives me great hope for the French visit! It would be gorgeous if both infantas will attend.

Turish Delight, the picture is perfect! One can clearly make out the fleur-de-lys brooch and the earrings are exquisite!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Since I couldn't remember pictures of it, I looked up the old threat and of course you were right, Stefan, it was at the visit of President Putin.
This gives me great hope for the French visit! It would be gorgeous if both infantas will attend.
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

according to casa real it will only be kings and princes. besides, it doesn't make any sense, cristina is withdrawing from duties in spain anyway, preparing her move to the us and elena is single.

still, queen sofia could dress up a bit and use one of the 3 "queen" tiaras what leaves letizia the choice between the other 3 tiaras she shares with the queen, the shell tiara being the most prestigious choice (flower tiara is a gift from franco, prussian tiara is owned by queen sofia, not much of a link to spanish royal history).

but i wouldn't be surprised either if they decide to tone down their appearance in general, trying not stir up the comparison pot carla - letizia or focus too much on who is wearing what and looking how.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

but i wouldn't be surprised either if they decide to tone down their appearance in general, trying not stir up the comparison pot carla - letizia or focus too much on who is wearing what and looking how.
Hi everyone (this is my second post). I agree with what you say, the media in Spain is already preparing for a "glamour war". I hope the SRF will know better. Mrs. Sarkozy is a beautiful woman, and she can look stunning in any haute couture dress. Trying to "compete" with jewelry could be impolite (Carla doesn't have tiaras or big jewels to show around) and downright silly, as it could fade the real importance of this official visit.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Majesty

is there any good sites where someone has colected all facts on her jewllery?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filippos View Post
Hi everyone (this is my second post). I agree with what you say, the media in Spain is already preparing for a "glamour war". I hope the SRF will know better. Mrs. Sarkozy is a beautiful woman, and she can look stunning in any haute couture dress. Trying to "compete" with jewelry could be impolite (Carla doesn't have tiaras or big jewels to show around) and downright silly, as it could fade the real importance of this official visit.
Welcome Filippos! This is a jewelry thread and to many of us, just a shear delight. So if your not interested in royals showing how much bank they have in bling, you'll probably enjoy another thread better. We are jewelry junkies just looking for our next hit!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Welcome Filippos! This is a jewelry thread and to many of us, just a shear delight. So if your not interested in royals showing how much bank they have in bling, you'll probably enjoy another thread better. We are jewelry junkies just looking for our next hit!!!!
Is there a therapy group for jewelry junkies? Can I join????

Anyway, I think that bringing out nice jewels is not just about overshadowing others, it is a way of honouring the guests and show them respect. I don't expect them to show up like Queen Mary, just more rotation when it comes to the tiaras.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Thanks rubies! Don't misunderstand me , I love to see the full display of royal bling hardware as well (If all the SRF ladies would attend, now THAT would be a scene to remember...)
The thing is, the media is trying to create a "competition", and while Carla has the lead on physique, the Queen and Princess have it on jewelry. Who will win in the end?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Letizia at the gala dinner during the State Visit from France: Prussian Tiara , beautiful Fleur de Lys brooch and safety pin
Letizia Tiara

Old 04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Nobility

May be the safety pin is a running gag ????

Tags
jewellery, letizia, princess letizia, princess of asturias, spain