Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would disagree with that. A new tiara would only be a distraction for jewellery fans whereas wearing a tiara of some weight and historic signifcance denotes her new position as Queen Consort and her "starter tiara" can either still be worn or put away for a while.

Everything about Philipe and Letizia needs to lend itself to a significant moment in history and a portrait encapsulates that in one moment of time. This is a pivotal moment, not just for them but for Spain. Both Philipe and Letizia need to be seen to have the gravitas needed in a King and a Queen.

Perhaps I was less than clear in the way I worded my post. I think Letizia, as Queen Consort, should wear one of the tiara's historically associated with the Queen of Spain (ideally, the Fleur de Lys tiara). What I don't think she should do, at this juncture, is to wear a tiara that is new to the SRF. More specifically, I am referring to the rumoured new Fleur de Lys tiara, in diamonds and pearls, that she is meant to have.

I too would love to see the new tiara fianally worn. Although I did not like the design very much, it made me very curious to see it worn. Maybe it looks better than I imangined? And I would like to see a confirmation that it really exists. The whole rumour about it is such a strange story that I don't know what to believe.

Apart from that, I think that this new tiara wouldn't be a good choice for a first official portrait. The new tiara might spark a new controversy about the costs of the monarchy, etc., etc.

Instead the portrait should convey a message of tradition, historical significance and continuation. That is what orders and family jewels can bring across.

When, do you think, would such a portrait be published (if they will at all)? Would it be alread available on the day of the proclamation?
I agree, Letizia should wear an older piece for the reasons you explained. Tradition and continuity. If there is a "new" tiara, she can save it for later or put it in a vault for Leonor to use when she's much older. Letizia now has some serious jewels to choose from. And for heaven's sake, will some one please go hide those star shaped earrings so that we don't have to see them again. Plain loops would be better, IMO.

I agree, Letizia should wear an older piece for the reasons you explained. Tradition and continuity. If there is a "new" tiara, she can save it for later or put it in a vault for Leonor to use when she's much older. Letizia now has some serious jewels to choose from. And for heaven's sake, will some one please go hide those star shaped earrings so that we don't have to see them again. Plain loops would be better, IMO.
Hiding the star earrings might not help, I fear that she has a couple of spare pairs hidden in secret places :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom