Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see her wear a tiara again. Love the floral tiara. So beautiful.

Last edited:
That tiara reminds me a lot of the flower tiara mary wears.

I don't understand why the Palace confirmed it,its widely known that Franco gave the Tiara to Princess Sofia as a wedding gift,don't know what the media are trying to cause controversy over this?

Maybe the important thing they wanted to say was, that the tiara was made for Queen Maria Cristina. Maybe the meaning is: the connection to the former queen is more important for us than the connection to Franco.

Maybe the important thing they wanted to say was, that the tiara was made for Queen Maria Cristina. Maybe the meaning is: the connection to the former queen is more important for us than the connection to Franco.

Absolutley,the media are just itching to stir up trouble for Spain's Royal family and its a tiara in this latest instance.

I don't understand why the Palace confirmed it,its widely known that Franco gave the Tiara to Princess Sofia as a wedding gift,don't know what the media are trying to cause controversy over this?

But it hasn't been known that Alfonso XII ordered it to Maria Christina, that it was sold sometime because the lack of money and bought back.

It was know before, that it was an antique piece, that it was't comissioned by Franco. But the info about Queen Maria Cristina is absolutely new to me. Afaik this was not publicly known before.

But it hasn't been known that Alfonso XII ordered it to Maria Christina, that it was sold sometime because the lack of money and bought back.

That is something new,I had no idea about its previous history.

The Prussian Tiara seems to be the most worn one by Letizia,hopefully we might see her fleur de lys one if she attends Princess Madeleine's wedding.

No chance as this one is reserved for the Queen. We will have to wait for some time before we will see it in her.

No chance as this one is reserved for the Queen. We will have to wait for some time before we will see it in her.

I was refering to Letizia's yet unseen fleur de lys tiara ;)

I was refering to Letizia's yet unseen fleur de lys tiara ;)
I thought you are referring to the big fleur de Lys tiara from Ansorea. It would be nice if she would finally wear her own. Apparently she has another not seen tiara which she got as a Wedding gift by spanish Jeweler Carrera y Carrera.

Apparently she has another not seen tiara which she got as a Wedding gift by spanish Jeweler Carrera y Carrera.

Interesting Stefan,I hadn't heard about this,do we know anything about its design?

Apparently she has another not seen tiara which she got as a Wedding gift by spanish Jeweler Carrera y Carrera.
Really??? I haven't heard about that one. Can you share more info?

I wonder if we will ever see her in any of her own tiaras (exciting that there are even two!). Now that the Spanish press has been entangled in the Franco-gift-tiara-story, I also wonder when we will see the floral tiara again? Or will they avoid this tiara in order to avoid more headlines about the gift from Franco?

Sigh, the SRF have such beautiful tiaras, but we hardly ever see them :sad:.

Why is it NOW such a big deal? I have to say that the Floral Tiara is very pretty but I was always surprised that it was such a popular piece (Cristina wore it at her wedding) in the post-Franco era.

Apart from the great design I have always found it questionable to continuously show off a dictator's gift, that goes for all of the SRF ladies. I don't want to elaborate about Franco here but removing his statues or pictures in public places/offices is not a sign of being proud of his legacy.

Why is it NOW such a big deal? I have to say that the Floral Tiara is very pretty but I was always surprised that it was such a popular piece (Cristina wore it at her wedding) in the post-Franco era.

Exactly my thoughts but I didn't know of its previous association with the Borbóns which emerged this week,that was new to me.

Apart from the great design I have always found it questionable to continuously show off a dictator's gift, that goes for all of the SRF ladies. I don't want to elaborate about Franco here but removing his statues or pictures in public places/offices is not a sign of being proud of his legacy.
What did you expect them to do after 1975? Have it melted down and reset? It is not as if it carries Francos image or symbols of his movement. It is just a nice servicable piece of jewellery which the SRF do not have a lot of.
Did Fabiola stop using Francos wedding gift to her after he died?

What did you expect them to do after 1975? Have it melted down and reset? It is not as if it carries Francos image or symbols of his movement. It is just a nice servicable piece of jewellery which the SRF do not have a lot of.
Did Fabiola stop using Francos wedding gift to her after he died?

Its quite a stretch between having it melted down and using it not only frequently but also on high profile events like Cristina's wedding. There is an inbetween or simply putting it into the vault like the countless other pieces that are not being used. I've always found it a bit insensitve to use the Floral Tiara in the way the SRF have used it because it has FRANCO written all over it, and I was surprised to see it as Cristina's wedding tiara. To bring up the topic now is ridiculous.

What has Fabiola to do with it, she was spanish nobility before becoming Queen of Belgium. She has never represented Spain as Head of State or consort etc, a country where many people have done as much as possible to erase Franco's legacy from public view.

But know with the news about the Floral Tiara belonging to Alfonso XII and Maria Christina earlier, it is easy to understand that they use it, it history in Spain, it is not just a gift from Franco. And to me it is one of the most beautiful tiaras I've seen.

Last edited:
Can you all answer a question?

Why do all of you believe Felipe gave Letizia a new tiara? Where's the proof?

Can you all answer a question?

Why do all of you believe Felipe gave Letizia a new tiara? Where's the proof?

And why not?

There's proof but there's no harm being done either :flowers:

Because is speculation? Truth is based on proof, speculation is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom