Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
Fabiola's beautiful tiara it's a gift from Franco, too. Surprisingly no one remembers/know about this gift to Sofia in Spain so.... And really I doubt that most people would say anytihing.

I like the floral tiara on Letizia, her earrings are also beautiful. She look very beautiful and etheral at the wedding.
IBL Bildbyrå
And she also had her favourite bracelet on her arm.
Daylife

^ Her bracelet is very beautiful indeed! A classic piece. Thank you for the extra photos! :)

:previous: I just love that tiara, it´s small but lovely, and looks great on Letizia´s head.

I loved her hair. A wonderful display with the braids and tiara!

August 25, 2010

Princess Letizia at the wedding of Nikolaos and Tatiana.
I love the earrings. She wore the same bracelet in Sweden, at Victoria's wedding and pre-wedding concert:

Original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 423
Humera, thanks for the great closeups.(can any one do Marie Chantal?)

The earrings are beautiful. Does anyone know what stones it are?

I really like the bracelet and the earrings that she wore at the wedding of Nikolaos & Tatiana

Letizia looked gorgeous at the Greek wedding and her jewels were no exception. Very beautiful pieces. They also match the blue gown so nicely. An unforgettable appearance, if you ask me. :))

New tiara (from Ansorena jewelers, Madrid, Spain) for Letizia (a gift from Prince Felipe for the 5th anniversary of their marriage):
LA OTRA CRONICA El Mundo 28 Agosto 2010 | YouKioske
Wow, that is some news!
The tiara is supposed to made of diamonds and ten pearls, the design was chosen by Felipe himself. If I understand the article correctly, it is not known how this information was leaked, since it was considered confidential.
They speculate that the tiara was originally meant to be worn at Victoria's wedding, but due to the financial crisis it was decided not to. They mention that the financial crisis had already begun in 2009 when the wedding anniversary was, but had considerably worsened in 2010.
I admit that it was quite sensible not to show off a new tiara right now. But I so much would have loved to see it!

Its interesting to me that of all the CP Letizia is getting a new tiara. While she has some really gorgeous jewels, with the exception of the weddings this year she hasn't worn any. I think probably the economy is to blame.

Or maybe she doesn't enjoy jewels the way the other princesses seem to. She seemed to more in the beginning!
This is all just my speculation. I hope when she wears it we see her with a Big smile!!!!:D

How exciting. i can't wait to see Letizia wear this new tiara.
The SRF has quite a few diamond and pearl tiaras already though. I'd love to see her in a tiara with sapphires or rubies.

Great news! I love pearl tiaras and I'm sure this one will suit Letizia a lot. It appears to be very beautiful and chic. Can't wait to see her wear the new tiara either! ;)

Una tiara de reina, regalo del prncipe enamorado | El MUNDO en Orbyt.. | EL MUNDO en Orbyt.

I dont think any of the CPs needs her own tiara at this stage, pretty insensitive in my opinion, especially in Spain where there is an unemployment rate of 20% and the CP feels the need to get his wife a new tiara while she already has access to the six other tiaras that are in use within the family.

It would be a different issue when Felipe becomes King and he gives a tiara to the new Queen as a gift, but at this stage, its a plain tacky and arrogant gesture, very unlike the SRF who try their best not to show off their wealth in front of the public as it could cost them their throne in the long run.

I can't wait to see the new tiara.

Una tiara de reina, regalo del prncipe enamorado | El MUNDO en Orbyt.. | EL MUNDO en Orbyt.

I dont think any of the CPs needs her own tiara at this stage, pretty insensitive in my opinion, especially in Spain where there is an unemployment rate of 20% and the CP feels the need to get his wife a new tiara while she already has access to the six other tiaras that are in use within the family.

It would be a different issue when Felipe becomes King and he gives a tiara to the new Queen as a gift, but at this stage, its a plain tacky and arrogant gesture, very unlike the SRF who try their best not to show off their wealth in front of the public as it could cost them their throne in the long run.

Wearing a tiara is "work uniform" for royals and especially for a crown princess. We don't know how much conflict there is behind the scenes when all the royal ladies are attending tiara events. Look at the photos from the Swedish royal wedding and Christina is wearing a more significant tiara than Letizia.

The royal families are showing off their wealth (as well as other affluent people) irregardless or the financial climate. For the royal family to pretend that they can not add a tiara if they want to does not fool anyone.

I can not wait to see this tiara. It probably does not cost any more than the up-keep and payroll to keep the royal boats for a few months but we not not expect them to be sold.

Look at the photos from the Swedish royal wedding and Christina is wearing a more significant tiara than Letizia.

... and than Queen Sofia. Letizia wore the Floral Tiara what kind of matched the flower applications on her dress. The fact that Cristina wore the most significant tiara of the SRF ladies attending only shows that, of course with Sofia's permission, at least 4 of the six tiaras are there to be shared. The other 2 may be reserved for Sofia (JC acquired the Loop Tiara for her and Fleur de Lys is for Queens only).

I dont mind Letizia getting her personal tiara, but find it only appropriate as Queen, not as CP. The same goes for all other CPs, they should use what is already in the family, what is quite significant in most cases (especially Maxima).

By the way, Letizia hardly wears any of the jewels she should have access to and in general not many jewels at all but when she does, it is usually the same stuff that she got from her husband.

The fact that Felipe now wants is wife to have her own tiara could lead to the conclusion that he is frustrated with Mommy sitting on her jewellery box, not giving her D-I-L access and to maximise his annoyance in Stockholm she even puts the biggest Tiara on Cristina's head, meaning he finally wants to do his wife some justice :p :whistling:

... and than Queen Sofia. Letizia wore the Floral Tiara what kind of matched the flower applications on her dress. The fact that Cristina wore the most significant tiara of the SRF ladies attending only shows that, of course with Sofia's permission, at least 4 of the six tiaras are there to be shared. The other 2 may be reserved for Sofia (JC acquired the Loop Tiara for her and Fleur de Lys is for Queens only).

I dont mind Letizia getting her personal tiara, but find it only appropriate as Queen, not as CP. The same goes for all other CPs, they should use what is already in the family, what is quite significant in most cases (especially Maxima).

By the way, Letizia hardly wears any of the jewels she should have access to and in general not many jewels at all but when she does, it is usually the same stuff that she got from her husband.

The fact that Felipe now wants is wife to have her own tiara could lead to the conclusion that he is frustrated with Mommy sitting on her jewellery box, not giving her D-I-L access and to maximise his annoyance in Stockholm she even puts the biggest Tiara on Cristina's head, meaning he finally wants to do his wife some justice :p :whistling:

or that he loves his wife and wants to uphold the spanish tradition of princes/king buying tiaras for their wives.
but of course that is not as much fun:p

I always agree with DukeOM, as I find her posts very sensible. However, we must all realize, as economists from all over the world point out, that the only way to get out of the financial crisis is to spend our money. And wealthier people can help more here. Besides, I would never expect a show-off from Letizia. She has already proved to the public that she's modest and quite thrifty when it comes to such things.

well as the future queen, she was always going to get big and important jewels like tiaras. i bet its nice for her to have something that her husband gave her, as opposed to other stuff that has always existed.
besides, i think the swedish queen and the luxembourg duchess have recieved tiaras from their husbands early on in their marriage.

I think it's nice when princesses get new tiaras because it means the royal families jewel collection is being expanded, and we all know the SRF has neither the least but definitely not the most jewelry either! But like someone said before I wish they had choses some kind of colored stone, the only colored stone int he whole collection is Queen Sofia's rubies, Some emeralds would look beautiful on Letizia!

I always agree with DukeOM, as I find her posts very sensible. However, we must all realize, as economists from all over the world point out, that the only way to get out of the financial crisis is to spend our money. And wealthier people can help more here. Besides, I would never expect a show-off from Letizia. She has already proved to the public that she's modest and quite thrifty when it comes to such things.

That's true, and this is a gift from her husband. This is her tiara, and not something she has to borrow. I hope she wears it soon.

I also agree with your point about the Duke! Your posts, Duke, are very well thought out and written, and I enjoy hearing what you have to say. Or reading what you have to say:)

You know, I often wonder if there is money put away somewhere or gifts of some kind for new tiaras or other jewels to be commissioned at some point for princesses. We saw this often in the past. "gift from ladies of...." Maybe there were some stones that were "lying around"(like many of us have) for the new tiara.

I do love that they are adding to the royal collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom