Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she has beautiful and intersting jewels:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
My impression is, that the SRF is deliberately toning down their appearance because there is a strong republican movement in the country. They don't want to fuel the anti-monarchist discussions by appearing ostentatious. It is not just Letizia who is constantly wearing the same small tiara, also the Queen hardly ever wears anything other than the floral tiara, which is also quite small. Last year she only wore the ruby tiara in its small version once. So it is not just Letizia being kept short. For us jewellery fans that is a great pity, but politically it seems quite wise to me.
I agree Tilia, I was frustrated to not see Letizia in any of her beautiful jewels lately but maybe that is what has been agreed the RF should do. I dont see how it makes any difference but then again... what do I know, we don't have a Royal Family in the US!!:cool:

I agree Tilia, I was frustrated to not see Letizia in any of her beautiful jewels lately but maybe that is what has been agreed the RF should do. I dont see how it makes any difference but then again... what do I know, we don't have a Royal Family in the US!!:cool:
You are right, it doesn't make a difference to the royal finances, since the historic jewels are always there, whether they are worn or not. But I guess that toning down their appearances makes a difference to how the public perceives their royal family. After all, we royal jewellery fans are a tiny minority in the world. Most people would just see all the bling-bling and they might think that those royals are just rich, spoiled and lazy.
When it comes to the real goodies in the Spanish vaults, I am hoping for the big Swedish wedding this summer. They really should get out some of the bigger tiaras and some nice necklaces. I would like to see Letizia with the Mellerio shell tiara again, which is gorgeous, imho.

very nice collection of earring , any one has a photo of letizia using some expensive watch as cartier or chanel

Thank you for this wonderful photo gallery! Letizia owns a beautiful collection of earrings - I'm keen on her pearl earrings in particular. She should have chosen one of these stunning pairs to wear in Germany. Her appearance required some nice jewels as well IMO.

A photo gallery of Letizia´s earrings during the years:
FOTOGALERIA Os brincos de Letizia - Caras.pt
Thanks LadyFinn for the gallery. Letizia has such elegant jewels, I miss seeing her in them. I can't understand why she cant wear a diamond cross or something, it seems ridiculous. I bet the people who are giving the pressure are still wearing their jewelry! :cool:But, I guess who needs the grief!!

Today's necklace is nothing special IMO, just like anything else.

Princess Letizia´s necklace, at the 'European Inventor of the Year 2010' awards ceremony today.
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
I don´t usually like big necklaces, but this is very nice.

An interesting piece of costume jewellery on Letizia - thanks for the closeups LadyFinn i believe it is a new piece on her

Last edited:
I don't like this necklace at all. I also dislike the way it 'sits' on her - it reminds me more of a belt actually. A tacky one. I'm sorry, JMO.

Star Earrings

Does anyone have an idea of where those star stud diamond earrings are from?

I really like them, and I'd like to see how much they cost. Someone guided me to Tous, but they didn't have anything like that. I've looked on Cartier, also.

Thank you!

Does anyone have an idea of where those star stud diamond earrings are from?

I really like them, and I'd like to see how much they cost. Someone guided me to Tous, but they didn't have anything like that. I've looked on Cartier, also.

Thank you!

I'm quite sure they are from Chanel Fine Jewellery.

Princess Letizia´s necklace, at the 'European Inventor of the Year 2010' awards ceremony today.
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
I don´t usually like big necklaces, but this is very nice.

I love big necklaces! I don't like the close-up of this necklace, but when I saw the 2nd pic I liked it. Far away it's pretty, but close it looks like a big old mess.

I'm so glad she didn't wear the Prussian tiara and quite liked her somehow experimental hairstyle. But I also found it strange the Infanta Christina got to wear the biggest, most important tiara, thus eclipsing both the Queen and the Princess of Asturias.

I thought Letizia looked really beautiful. I mean have we seen her in any jewels this whole year? Her wedding earrings are Lovely!!

great tiara, got that one wrong too.

Me as well. The braids caught me. Her dress made her look so petite and delightful. She left me with no words. A beauty all in all. My adoration to her. :rose2:

I'm so glad she didn't wear the Prussian tiara and quite liked her somehow experimental hairstyle. But I also found it strange the Infanta Christina got to wear the biggest, most important tiara, thus eclipsing both the Queen and the Princess of Asturias.

This tiara fitted her head better than it would have done the others. In the Spanish jewelery collection there is only one tiara that fits Letizia; and that one she wore yesterday. Sophia can probably not wear this big tiaras for hours like yesterday anymore in her age.
I'm glad they chosed tiaras by style and not by rank.

But I also found it strange the Infanta Christina got to wear the biggest, most important tiara, thus eclipsing both the Queen and the Princess of Asturias.

I was surprised about the choice. Sofia even wears the pearl tiara on her official photo. I was even more surprised about Elena's choice, the Marichalar tiara from her ex-husband's family.

I think in the choice of tiara rank should have a role..but in this case I don't think the queen or Letizia were too little tiaras, I think Cristina's one was too much. She is just an infanta, if the SRF don't have other tiaras she could wear some necklace or bracelet as a tiara. She wouldn't have disappoint anyone, she's not queen Rania or not even princess Maxima.

Well imo the floral tiara is the less important of the royal family. So I was really surprised when Cristina was wearing the pearl tiara, when she could have wore the prussian and Letizia the pearl tiara.

Really strange.

I think the tiara choices were probably a last minute switch due to a problem with Sofia (headache?). Cristina's dress was very "aquatic" (flowy-green-wavelike) and would have suited the shell tiara (which all of the princesses have worn). Rank would have put the pearl tiara on Letizia, but because of it's size would have looked ridiculous on her (I don't know what procedure would be needed to resize the base to her smaller head either). Plus her hairstyle (which I thought was fantastic) would not have supported it. Next it would have gone to Elena. But it truly would have been a royal faux pas for Queen Sofia to wear the Marichalar tiara (or any other princess for that matter). So it ended up on Cristina's head and the shell went to Sofia, who looked lovely. The peal tiara did look out of place on Cristina, but I believe she has enough style that if she HAD been scheduled to wear it before-hand, she would have had a different style of gown and a different, bigger hairstyle.

I like the Floral tiara on Letizia. She has a rather small head, as we all know, and thus it fits better. Her earrings were beautiful too!

I dont see why Sofia would chose her tiara depending on headache or not. She had the choice of six tiaras, most likely the pearl, that now ended up on Cristina's head what is strange because it is the highest ranking tiara of those being worn. I dont think that the SRF relate their choice to style, in this case we could see the Fleur de Lys tiara being passed around next time.
With Cristina now wearing a tiara that used to belong to Sofia exclusively, Letizia could have worn the prussian, shell (Sofia's choice) or floral tiara. The prussian is her and Sofia's wedding tiara, from Sofias family, has nothing to do with Borbon. The floral is a gift from Franco, a part of Spain's past nobody is exactly proud of.
All three major tiaras, including the pearl, do not look good on Letizia's head anyway, because they are so big, perfect for Sofia's "hamster" shape of face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom