Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is the epitome of elegance.The necklace is gorgeous.I wonder about the material(s) they used.Any idea?

CP Letizia must be wearing small pearl studs,they look lovely on her,too!

They look ethnic.I really like them,although I prefer ethnic jewels with colorful stones.Otherwise they look boring,imo.

I really love these earrings, they hang very nicely on the Princess, especially with her hair worn down. I have seen her wear these before, and would love to see a more detailed image/photo as well if anyone has one to post? Thanks!

I love this tiara!I think it was made for Letizia's small & pretty face.Generally,it's an exceptional piece!

I love all of the above jewels, Maryamj. I never saw the diamond bracelet(4th pic), it looks fantastic!

I love all of the above jewels, Maryamj. I never saw the diamond bracelet(4th pic), it looks fantastic!
I love it too!! I think its Cartier, please correct me if I am wrong!;)

I like her jewels but it's little boring to see them almost all the time.
She doesn't recive any new? Or maybe if she than why she doesn't wear it?

I like her jewels but it's little boring to see them almost all the time.
She doesn't recive any new? Or maybe if she than why she doesn't wear it?
#

There is not much difference between Letizia's clothes and jewellery: She usually wears one item to death, at any possible occasion (suitable or not) until it disappears alltogether. Regarding the clothes, people claim that Letizia gets loans she has to return at some point. Regarding the jewellery, I am not so sure. The same thing happened to the bracelets the letters of her daughter's / Carla's name were attached to, she used to wear them all the time, not without my bracelets, even at State Dinners, until they went completely earlier this year and were never seen again.

LOVE the last photo, so retro "Farrah-Faucett" Hairstyle. Earrinigs pretty great too!

Carla is Letizia's niece, daughter of her deceased sister Erika.

Oh, I see. Thanks for replying :flowers: I remember that story about her sister, so sad. I didn't even know she had a daughter. I guess Letizia wore that bracelet to show her feelings, which isn't bad, imo. But I also agree with you, royal women should appear with different jewels more often. Otherwise, the royal watchers get bored :cool:

:previous:Those are the three bracelets DoM was writing about!
The same thing happened to the bracelets the letters of her daughter's / Carla's name were attached to, she used to wear them all the time, not without my bracelets, even at State Dinners, until they went completely earlier this year and were never seen again.
http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=29886_007_122_960lo.jpg

http://royals.web-log.nl/royals/2008/10/prins-felipe-en.html (scroll down!)

This is the first time I see these 3 bracelets clearly and I find them quite cheap-looking. But it's a nice gesture, since she included her little niece, too.

This is the first time I see these 3 bracelets clearly and I find them quite cheap-looking. But it's a nice gesture, since she included her little niece, too.

I think I have to disagree, they dont look cheap looking at all. I actually think its really nice that she wears them (but not on state visit dinners).
You can get similar but diamonds instead of letters. I have a pair and I must say it isnt cheap, each diamond is 4-6 carats in different shapes.

Does anyone know who designed them?

They are very similar to a bracelet I have, same finishing and same gold chain but then I guess anybody can do it.

I too have to agree that they are not cheap looking. I do miss seeing them though, I thought they were wonderful and very thoughtful. As far as the designer goes, I haven't a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss all her jewerly. Princess Letizia just doesn't seem into her jewels lately...and she has some gorgeous pieces. Hmmm, don't know why!!Maybe with the economy she is toning things down. Although I can't say I know much about the economy in Spain!

I am missing substancial pieces as well..... same tiara during the entire galas last year.... no necklaces ..... always MUCH more downtoned than OK for a CP. Would like to know, how much "influence" she has on the jewellery box of Queen Sofia......
In general I have the impression, that she changed her (gala) jewellery style towards large (and impressive) diamond earrings, bracelet & (potentially) tiara. But as most of the time the earrrings are hidden in her hair, she looked "downsized" in terms of jewellery.
I would wish for more glitter in 2010!!!!!
BYe Bine

The SRF are very restrictive with "state" jewellery (the "wow" pieces), even Queen Sofia hardly wears her 3 top class tiaras but uses one of the other 3 pieces that she shares with Letizia, who did not get her own tiara after marriage. Therefore it is no surprise that Letizia usually ends up with the least important tiara, the Prussian tiara, that is brought in by Sofia and has nothing to do with the SRF.

Unlike eg the nordic CPs or female royals in general who look like decorated Christmas trees at times, Letizia has few, but expensive and obviously personal related jewellery, what suits her appearance. She hardly ever wears pieces that are also used by Sofia what gives the impression that the Queen of Spain has a firm grip on her jewellery box.

Many thanks, Duke. What a shame, that Sofia seems to be so strict :bang:...
Well, she already did wear some more impressive jewels from her mother in law sometimes, i.e. the diamond /emerald collier or the diamond collier (QM wore at her own wedding)..... Letizia has also worn the 2 other "smaller" tiaras in the past already, so that´s why I am wondering, what made her so "reluctant" to more creativity in jewels.... But in case she is simply not "allowed" to get access.... :whistling:
Bye Bine

The Princess has taken earrings, necklaces and brooches that belong to the Queen in several occasions, but they are personal jewels of the Queen Sofia. The big jewels that the Queen uses (the important tiaras, the necklaces of diamonds and pearls, the bracelets), are those which belonged to the Queen Victoria Eugenia, they belong to the King and theoretically the use is exclusive for the Queen of Spain. The Infantas have not taken these jewels, only in her wedding Infanta Cristina could take the diamond earrings.

My impression is, that the SRF is deliberately toning down their appearance because there is a strong republican movement in the country. They don't want to fuel the anti-monarchist discussions by appearing ostentatious. It is not just Letizia who is constantly wearing the same small tiara, also the Queen hardly ever wears anything other than the floral tiara, which is also quite small. Last year she only wore the ruby tiara in its small version once. So it is not just Letizia being kept short. For us jewellery fans that is a great pity, but politically it seems quite wise to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom