Kent Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lovely picture of the Duchess of Kent at William and Catherine's wedding in 2011. She is wearing a pearl cross necklace that I have not seen before, it looks modern in design. Does anyone know its provenance and has it been worn before or since?

https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/...s/biography/duchess-of-kent.jpg?itok=56ePqtWW

Ooooh...That *is* lovely. I don't remember seeing it before, but we see the Duchess so rarely these days, who really knows?

It was lovely to see her at the Wedding. Miss her at Wimbledon.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Necklace that Princess Marie Christine did with Princess Marina's 2 sapphire Clips is really haute joaillerie Work.

A beautiful, amazing tiara!! True Majestic!

In its original frame it was truly majestic,especially on the late Princess Marina,the smaller button version worn by the current duchess is nice but no-where near the original.
True. What is espcially horrible at the new button-tiara is the very visible frame.

The Kent Pearl Festoon Tiara seems to be Princess Michael of Kents favourite tiara,I'm not overly keen on the pearl base.

It may be one of the few tiaras she has.

I don't understand why the Duke of Kent sold his Mother 2 major tiaras and Princess Michael still wears 2 major tiaras and did not have to sell them altough we know the Michaels had money problems in the past.

I don't understand why the Duke of Kent sold his Mother 2 major tiaras and Princess Michael still wears 2 major tiaras and did not have to sell them altough we know the Michaels had money problems in the past.

Everyone manages their finances differently. the PMichaels of Kent sold off their country home Nether Lypiatt. Perhaps Duke of Kent felt he had 'spare' tiaras and opted to raise funds via quiet jewelry sale. Im sure none was done without HM knowledge

Everyone manages their finances differently. the PMichaels of Kent sold off their country home Nether Lypiatt. Perhaps Duke of Kent felt he had 'spare' tiaras and opted to raise funds via quiet jewelry sale. Im sure none was done without HM knowledge

Well, Duke of Kent also sold his beautiful country house Coppins decades before...

He also sold off his other country home, Crocker End House.

They still have Old Forge house in Brightwell Baldwin.

I don't mean this to sound rude but maybe you also need to look at the brother's wives... The Duchess of Kent rarely makes public appearances and likes to keep things low key, Princess Michael is not exactly low-key. I guess the Duke felt the tiaras were unnecessary, Prince Michael felt their tiaras wre needed.

The tiaras were sold when the Duchess of Kent attended glittering Events.
She wore the necklace as tiara which was a pity.
Prince Michael wore too much jewels at the Albanian Wedding.

Both of which I believe now belong to her brother Prince Michael of Kent,the only tiara Princess Alexandra owns is the Ogilvy Floral Tiara.

I like the Oglivy tiara but I prefer it would sapphires or pearls. I am not a huge fan of turqoise tiaras, and I don't think they fit this tiara.

It's a shame as I find the bandeau far more attractive.

The Russian Pearl Bandeau | The Court Jeweller
such a shame that they had to sell it , in my opinion it would have been better if they kept it and sold the small pearl tiara that the duchess of kent usually wear cause it's convertible
and could be worn as a necklace so it would have been a great heirloom to pass to the new generation to be worn as a tiara in official events or a necklace in every day use .

I don't understand why the Duke of Kent sold his Mother's 2 major tiaras and Princess Michael still wears 2 major tiaras and did not have to sell them although we know the Michaels had money problems in the past.

I read years ago that Princess Michael sold some of the diamonds in her tiaras and replaced them with "paste" diamonds. This term apparently means hand cut glass stones with a metallic foil base. Who knows if this is true but it would be a nice compromise.

It is what I thought also but did not dare to write it. Thanks !
Lady Windisor received a brand new very small tiara and not a loan !

Back
Top Bottom