Kent Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that the Dowager Duchess of Bedford in the Car with Princess Michael ?

Princess Michael's ensemble was overloaded with jewellery. The brooch was an unnecessary extra.

Not Royal at all and too much jewels.

The collateral branches of the House of Windsor (Kent, Gloucester, etc.) still own many impressive jewels.

No it’s Lady Emma Kitchener-Fellowes, Lady in Waiting to the Princess.

Princess Michael has a lady in waiting ? I'm impressed ! BTW, she is the wife of Downton Abbey's author, Julian Fellowes, isn't she ? And also a lead campaigner for female succession to hereditary peerages, which would have allowed her to succeed her late uncle as the Countess Kitchener.

Last edited:
The collateral branches of the House of Windsor (Kent, Gloucester, etc.) still own many impressive jewels.

Princess Michael has a lady in waiting ? I'm impressed ! BTW, she is the wife of Downton Abbey's author, Julian Fellowes, isn't she ? And also a lead campaigner for female succession to hereditary peerages, which would have allowed her to succeed her late uncle as the Countess Kitchener.

I believe that all of the older Princesses/Duchesses have ladies in waiting.

Lady Gabriella really looked gorgeous in this tiara! Imo, she placed it perfectly. It's the perfect choice, to use the tiara that both her mother and her aunt Princess Alexandra had worn at their weddings.

On another note, I'm still sad that Sophie Winkelman didn't wear a tiara when she married Lord Frederic. But I know, it's no use crying about spilt milk.

It was like that tiara was made for Lady Gabriella and lovely to see the tiaras wedding tradition continued.

I have read that some people assume that Gabriella's grandmother, Princess Marina also wore this same tiara on her wedding day.

Of course , this in not correct , she wore her Mother's tiara.

I wonder how the Michaels with their money problems have the most jewels of Princess Marina, at least 2 tiaras and more ..

I wonder how the Michaels with their money problems have the most jewels of Princess Marina, at least 2 tiaras and more ..

I read that they actually don't.
The Duke and Duchess have more; it's simply that Princess Michael displays well and finds creative ways to use the pieces she has.

The Duchess seldom attends anything and it's usually occasions where a lot of bling isn't required.

(Also, Princess Michael has some pieces from the Duchess of Windsor).

It's amazing that even Buckingham palace got this wrong! This tiara was worn by Princess Alexandra of Kent, but not by Princess Marina on her wedding day.

When looking closely comparing the pictures of both tiaras being worn by the various ladies, you start to see that they do look slightly different. And the tiara worn by Marina on her wedding day just looks like her mother's tiara, and not like her own.

I read that they actually don't.
The Duke and Duchess have more; it's simply that Princess Michael displays well and finds creative ways to use the pieces she has.

The Duchess seldom attends anything and it's usually occasions where a lot of bling isn't required.

(Also, Princess Michael has some pieces from the Duchess of Windsor).

Also, the Duke and Duchess of Kent have sold substantial pieces of jewellery belonging to Princess Marina, including the sapphire and diamond tiara, giranderole earrings and a very special bow brooch.

The Vladimir Fringe Tiara which Princess Nicholas loaned to her daughter Princess Marina was inherited by Princess Nicholas' granddaughter, Countess Helene of Torring-Jettenbach.

The Vladimir Fringe Tiara which Princess Nicholas loaned to her daughter Princess Marina was inherited by Princess Nicholas' granddaughter, Countess Helene of Torring-Jettenbach.

Indeed. It was inherited by Marina's older sister Elizabeth (both sisters wore it on their wedding). Helene wore the tiara on her wedding, as have both her daughter and daughter in law.

Lovely coincidence, her daughter Sophie is married to Ella's godfather Mariano.

Here is Ella's godfather and his bride in the Vladamir tiara on their wedding day.

royalisticism.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-wedding_26.html

I find fringe tiaras elegent but my issue with them is most of them seem to look almost identical. And not just the two Marina wore. But Queen Elizabeth's tiara and the Swedish Baden fringe all look identical or near to.

Back
Top Bottom