The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Exactly and we could see these tiaras in the future because when Princess Basma dies I doubt her daughters have the opportunity to wear the tiara. Same happen with Queen Noor´s tiara.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Exactly and we could see these tiaras in the future because when Princess Basma dies I doubt her daughters have the opportunity to wear the tiara. Same happen with Queen Noor´s tiara.
Its sad for the royal family its financially for Jordan not gold 😔😖

Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

They may sell it salma . I hope those tiaras will remain for JRF ptincesses in future.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
They may sell it salma . I hope those tiaras will remain for JRF ptincesses in future.
They have not sell a tiara yet. Anyway they must change and do the things like European monarchies.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:16 AM
Serene Highness

Salma do you found the other tiaras?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I have no problem with the sale of tiaras which the Jordanian princesses have received as new, personal jewels. Being a kind of insurance against future financial difficulties has ever and always been one of the functions of precious jewels. All the daughters have the right to a share of the family wealth, and if it comes in the form of jewels, that’s fine with me.

But I feel different about historical pieces, which have been worn by the mayor royals. It disappoints me to see that the tiara of Queen Zein, the eldest and historically most important tiara of the family, moves down to descendants which will no longer be members of the Royal House. And I find it frustrating that the Queen has no historical jewels which are connected with the history of the RF. But then that seems to be part of the mentality of the Middle East. (Please correct me if my perception is wrong!) At least I get the impression that the Jordanian Royals don’t place that strong importance on heirlooms. Maybe they value new, personal jewels more highly, because these are truly theirs, reflecting their style and personality. New jewels are not coming with the baggage of having been owned by others before.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Those are very valid points. And as salma mentioned earlier, the JRF could create a foundation where these historic jewels are preserved for future generations. Unfortunately that's really not how the Middle Eastern monarchies operate. The jewels are personal properties of the wearer. I've seen pictures of some lovely parures that will probably never see the light of day because the princess is no longer a member of royal family (divorced, ie. Princess Firyal) or because she's not a senior royal. It's all very well to own fine jewels but where exactly are the tiaras going to be worn? Not a family function surely.

Queen Noor has worn some absolutely stunning tiaras, for example, yet we haven't seen her in one in decades. I doubt her daughters will have much occasion to wear them. At least Queen Alia's Cartier tiara has gotten plenty of use. It's the most recognizable JRF tiara I think. Alia, Haya and Rania have all worn it beautifully.

Perhaps the Jordanians could follow the Malaysian example and establish official state regalia. The monarchies of the 9 Malaysian states have official regalia of their own which includes jewels and tiaras worn by the ruler's consort. All the senior Malaysian royal ladies own fabulous parures in a personal capacity as well and share them within the family. The Brunei royal family follows a similar example. For a family like the JRF which isn't immensely wealthy, it's important that of all the pieces of jewellery they invest in, at least some are preserved for official purposes.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

JRF´s tiara

Those are the twenty-six tiaras of the Jordanian royal family. Two of them were borrowed other five are necklaces .

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 01-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

That's a great compilation Salma! 26 isn't that bad is it?
But we haven't seen some of the old ones in a long time.
Also, I wonder who got Princess Firyal's tiara after her divorce?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:02 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
That's a great compilation Salma! 26 isn't that bad is it?
But we haven't seen some of the old ones in a long time.
Also, I wonder who got Princess Firyal's tiara after her divorce?
Well two were borrowed then really they have 24. Firyal has her three tiaras.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Great work Salma, thank you for this interesting overview.
24 seems a lot, but let's not forget that the tiaras belong to several different ladies. I would like to see them worn more often.

Unfortunately I don’t recognize all the ladies:
line 1/pic 2, 3 and 4, are they all Princess Fyrial?
line 2/pic 2, is that Princess Muna?
line 2/pic 3, I don’t recognize this lady
line 3/pic 1, I don’t recognize this lady
line 4/pic 3 and 4, I think this is both Princess Muna?

Old 01-21-2015, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

Princess ghida has one too its very beautiful. Thanks
Old 01-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancakli70 View Post
Princess ghida has one too its very beautiful. Thanks
You´re welcome I am writing little articles about these tiaras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
24 seems a lot, but let's not forget that the tiaras belong to several different ladies. I would like to see them worn more often.

Unfortunately I don’t recognize all the ladies:
line 1/pic 2, 3 and 4, are they all Princess Fyrial?
line 2/pic 2, is that Princess Muna?
line 2/pic 3, I don’t recognize this lady
line 3/pic 1, I don’t recognize this lady
line 4/pic 3 and 4, I think this is both Princess Muna?
Tilia, line 1: Queen Dina and Princess Firyal (yes she has three tiaras!).
Line 2: Princesses Basma, Muna, Ghida Talal and Ayah Faisal.
Line 3: Princess Majda Raad, Princess Alia Hussein, Princess Taghreed and Princess Sumaya.
Line 4: Princess Sarvath (pics 1 and 2) and Princess Muna (pics 3 and 4).
Old 01-21-2015, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you Salma, I'm looking forward to your article.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Well to a country as Jordan 24 tiaras are too much because they don´t wear them in State dinners inside Jordan. As I wrote before it would be a great idea create a foundation but we know this is a dream because Jordan is not an European monarchy. If they do as in Sweden or Netherlands now we could see Queen Rania wearing Queen Zein´s tiara or Queen Noor´s tiara. It´s a shame all these tiaras are private.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well to a country as Jordan 24 tiaras are too much because they don´t wear them in State dinners inside Jordan. As I wrote before it would be a great idea create a foundation but we know this is a dream because Jordan is not an European monarchy. If they do as in Sweden or Netherlands now we could see Queen Rania wearing Queen Zein´s tiara or Queen Noor´s tiara. It´s a shame all these tiaras are private.
Salma i agree with you
Old 01-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Firyal has her three tiaras.
I'm quite surprised really. She's been divorced from Prince Muhammad for decades. I'm assuming she'll pass her tiaras to her daughters-in-law and that they've been allowed to use them?
Old 01-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Those are the twenty-six tiaras of the Jordanian royal family. Two of them were borrowed other five are necklaces .

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
My overall favorite is Queen Noor's borrowed tiara.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:59 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I'm quite surprised really. She's been divorced from Prince Muhammad for decades. I'm assuming she'll pass her tiaras to her daughters-in-law and that they've been allowed to use them?
Well only Princess Ghida has worn a tiara but she wore her own tiara. I am sure in future her three tiaras will pass to Prince Talal and Prince Ghazi.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

Its very interestng that the queen wears at the last jears only the braclet Tiara but the jordanians habe very big tiaras they can it loan to the queen

Tags
jewellery, jordan royal jewels, royal jewels