The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-30-2015, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yes, that's the beautiful Cartier tiara that was made for Queen Ena. She left it to Infanta Maria Cristina and after the Infanta's death it was worn by Queen Sofia. Generally it is assumed that King JC bought it back, but as so often there is no offical information about the terms under which the tiara went to Sofia.

PS. I hope it will be seen worn again soon.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Is Infanta Maria Cristina of Spain, Countess Marone wearing the Cartier Diamond and Pearl Tiara?
Yes, she inherited her mother's tiara. Her nephew Juan Carlos agreed with her to recover the tiara to the Royal Family.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pearl necklace once owned by Isabel II of Spain is up for auction.

Sale a subasta un collar de perlas de Isabel II de España. ¿Veremos a la Reina Letizia con él?. Noticias de Casas Reales

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 11-30-2015, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yes, that's the beautiful Cartier tiara that was made for Queen Ena. She left it to Infanta Maria Cristina and after the Infanta's death it was worn by Queen Sofia. Generally it is assumed that King JC bought it back, but as so often there is no offical information about the terms under which the tiara went to Sofia.

PS. I hope it will be seen worn again soon.
Queen Sofia alresdy wore the Cartier Pearl tiara in the early 1990's when the Infanta was still alive.
I also wonder when she and her sister Beatriz got the tiaras the inherited from their mother. As far as i remember Infanta Beatriz wore the aquamarine tiara at one of the greek pre-Wedding Balls (don't remember if 1962 or 64) but certainly when her mother was still alive.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Queen Sofia alresdy wore the Cartier Pearl tiara in the early 1990's when the Infanta was still alive.
I also wonder when she and her sister Beatriz got the tiaras the inherited from their mother. As far as i remember Infanta Beatriz wore the aquamarine tiara at one of the greek pre-Wedding Balls (don't remember if 1962 or 64) but certainly when her mother was still alive.
Infanta Beatriz wore the 'empty' circlet tiara at JC pre-wedding in 1962. Was it the first time that the new setting was seen?
König Juan Carlos von Spanien | Getty Images
I think that the other lady in the row is Infanta Maria Cristina? I am always confused about this floral tiara. Is it true that it has emeralds and was sold by the Infanta?

So, if Beatriz received the aquamarines and Maria Cristina maybe received the floral tiara, then did she own the Cartier tiara as well? Maybe she borrowed it from her mother?

Old 02-27-2016, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The jewels of Infanta Pilar of Spain

Las joyas de la infanta Pilar. Fotogalerías de Casas Reales

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 02-27-2016, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
But the fleur-de-lys tiara certainly doesn't belong to the Infanta. And it has also never be worn by her.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
But the fleur-de-lys tiara certainly doesn't belong to the Infanta. And it has also never be worn by her.
Yes I noticed that in the article ,I wonder if her new daughter in law will get to wear her Sapphire tiara ?
Old 02-27-2016, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes I noticed that in the article ,I wonder if her new daughter in law will get to wear her Sapphire tiara ?
Is it a relgioius Wedding or only a civil one. If ther later then probably no tiara at all.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Is it a relgioius Wedding or only a civil one. If ther later then probably no tiara at all.
Civil Ceremony at Pilar's Madrid residence,so I guess no tiara.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

No tiara, which was to be expected, imo. The groom is divorced, afaik, the marriage was not annulled by the catholic church. So they could only have a civil wedding and those usually don't have tiaras.
Lula posted first pics here: Infantas Pilar/Margarita and Family Thread: June 2014 -

When was the sapphire tiara seen for the last time? Was it the first wedding of Beltran with Laura Ponte? I would love to see it again.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

It is a pity that we don't see the Infanta's in tiaras very much. But recently Portugal got a new President. In the past when portugals Preisdents paid State Visits to Spain also the Infantas Pilar and Margarita attended the State Banquet's. Lets hope they will also in the new reign because i think the new President will soon be invited to a State Visit.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

That would be great Stefan! But tbh I'm a bit pessimistic. I doubt that even Infanta Elena would attend (as that would stress the absence of Cristina).

Is this pic from the Portuguese visit in 2006? It is interesting that the Infanta had borrowed the Mellerio wave tiara instead of wearing her own.
View image: es margarita chata

Edit: I should have noted that this is Infanta Margarita. I can't find a pic of Infanta Pilar at the moment.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That would be great Stefan! But tbh I'm a bit pessimistic. I doubt that even Infanta Elena would attend (as that would stress the absence of Cristina).

Is this pic from the Portuguese visit in 2006? It is interesting that the Infanta had borrowed the Mellerio wave tiara instead of wearing her own.
View image: es margarita chata

Edit: I should have noted that this is Infanta Margarita. I can't find a pic of Infanta Pilar at the moment.

Infanta Pilar's tiara at the 2006 visit was barely visible because of her white hair and the quality of the pics. But it was not her diamond and sapphire tiara.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

I found this one now, it is the sapphire tiara, but the stones look strange. It might be due to the lightening.
View image: es pilar

Old 02-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I found this one now, it is the sapphire tiara, but the stones look strange. It might be due to the lightening.
View image: es pilar
Thanks. The nother pics it had seen from that Banquet where all Group pics and taken from a distance so it was not clear which tiara she wore.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

I think that these are pictures of Infanta Cristina and Infanta Elena at the same State Visit. Is that correct?
View image: es christina floral
View image: es elena

Old 02-27-2016, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think that these are pictures of Infanta Cristina and Infanta Elena at the same State Visit. Is that correct?
View image: es christina floral
View image: es elena
yes, those are both from the Portuguese State Visit.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Aristocracy

I found today this beautiful picture of some of Doña María de las Mercedes' wedding presents and have trouble identifying some of them - the necklace on the botton left of the pictire, the wing brooch next to it, the pair of clip brooches on the right of the tiara (befind the pearl and diamond bracelet), the large round pendant with coloured stones and the diamond earrings above it (an eariler version of the long earrings worn at the 1953 Coronation, perhaps?). Can someone help me identify these, please?

The photo comes from an aricle in the Telegraph about Chaumet's exhibition Une Education Sentimentale.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Pilar wearing The Diamond Loop and Pearl Tiara

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...ure-id89657849

Tags
cristina, duchess of palma, elena, infanta, infanta cristina, jewellery, spain