The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Commoner

Jewels of the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia

it is common knowledge that the royal family of saudi possesses one of the world's biggest and grandest jewelry collections.

please post photos, stories, tidbits, information on this amazing collection.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:33 AM
Commoner

according to Harry Winston: the ultimate jeweller (page 28)

The next morning, he arrived promptly at 6 a.m. with fifty-five diamond bracelets. While the king ate breakfast and reviewed the sparkling array, Mr. Winston waited patiently. An aide then came down and told him the king would buy ALL fifty-five. One can imagine the reaction when Mr. Winston returned to the office, literally empty-handed, and then the surprise the next morning when a message came saying that the king needed twenty-five more!

Old 01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

They will spend $10 million on a necklace at the drop of a dime, as does the Sultan of Brunei.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Royal Highness

Any links anyone?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:17 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know if most of their (Arabian RF) "grand jewelries" belong to state or family's foundation or personal collection of family member?. As I know so far that most of European RF's "grand jewelries" are belongs to state or family's foundation then someone doesn't have any right to take it as personal belonging or sell it out without permission (which is belongs to family foundation for example).
Old 02-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

I tried a google search with title variations and got nowhere, only news on Saudi jewels being stolen here and there valued in the millions. It's like seen the tip of the iceberg but not the mountain below it. If there is an official collection of Crown Jewels it must be spectacular beyond belief, which could explain why they are careful not to flaunt it openly like in museum tours etc.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
I tried a google search with title variations and got nowhere, only news on Saudi jewels being stolen here and there valued in the millions. It's like seen the tip of the iceberg but not the mountain below it. If there is an official collection of Crown Jewels it must be spectacular beyond belief, which could explain why they are careful not to flaunt it openly like in museum tours etc.
Maybe there are no "Crown Jewels" as we understand the term, but instead any jewellery is owned by members of the dynasty as private individuals.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Maybe there are no "Crown Jewels" as we understand the term, but instead any jewellery is owned by members of the dynasty as private individuals.
That could be it. I was imagining a collection of Crown Jewels like the ones at the Sultan's Topkaki Palace.

ps. my late reply is that I'm reviewing my old posts one by one backwards, this is one big place, one blink and you have so many interesting new posts to catch up with I postpone the old replies for later :)
Old 07-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Serene Highness

Sorry for the late post, but it should be considered that we haven't seen the Saudi jewels because they would mostly be worn by the female members of the Saudi Royal Family and they are not photographed.:)
Old 08-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Smile

I really do not think there is such a thing as Saudi Crown Jewels. The monarchy as we know it was established in the 1930's or something like that and the oil money didn't start coming until the 1950's. I think the tradition of crown jewels is more of a western/European tradition.

I read a book by a woman named Sandra Mackey. She was once invited to a Saudi Royal Wedding and said she could not take her eyes off the jewels the princess's were wearing as she went down the receiving line at the reception!
Old 08-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY
I read a book by a woman named Sandra Mackey. She was once invited to a Saudi Royal Wedding and said she could not take her eyes off the jewels the princess's were wearing as she went down the receiving line at the reception!
I also read an article in magazine (sorry I forget the name and the date it was years ago) which was based on interview with an ex secretary of a Saudi princess. In the article the ex secretary said that one day due to the princess's six years old daughter birthday party the princess asked her secretary to buy gowns for herself and her six years old daughter from a haute couture designer. The princess wanted that her daughter's gown to be the same style with hers but in mini size. She also wanted the secretary to order some jewelry and luxurious watches she saw in catalogue in two size for herself and her daughter. In the party event the princess and her six years old daughter wore the similar tiara, jewelry and gown. I wish I could see the picture it should be interesting.

Tags
jewellery, royal family, saudi arabia