Jewels of the Egyptian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

espejor

Aristocracy
City
Sevilla
Country
Spain
Hello!! Post here pics of the magnificent jewels of the Royal Family of Egypt :D Now they're displayed in a museum in Alexandria :O

Do you know if actually there jewels are in the museum?
Regards!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in the tiara of Princess Chevikiar, it is in the Royal Jewellery Museum in Alexandria Egypt , i read somewhere that "it was originally commissioned from a Paris jeweler for Princess Shwikar, wife of King Fouad, and was later passed down to Queen Farida, King Farouk’s first wife" DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO THE PARIS JEWELER WAS?

I think that the jeweler could be Boucheron =)
Regards!!

The Egypt royal jewellery museum opens after 5 years of renovation

Royal Family Jewellery museum was inaugurated April 11th following its development as part of the projects carried out by the Ministry of culture to upgrade Egypt’s museums. The opening ceremony was attended by first lady Suzanne Mubarak who raised the curtain off the plaque to signal the inauguration of the museum with its several showrooms including crowns, Muhammed Ali’s royal family genealogy, docorations, medals, precious jewels used by princesses and the artistic masterpieces with which royal palaces were brimmed over.
Minister of culture Farouk Hosni said in a statement to the press that development of the museum took more than five years at a cost of EP 50 million (USD nine million).
Full article - Brunei.fm

No show up of the 3 children of King Fouad, I am sure some egyptian jewels are still in the royal House..

Indeed The Tiara Really Amazing , I Like It Too Very Much & The Necklace Seems Very Unique Too

They have many jewels tiaras. hAVE SOmeone pics?

^ Stunning set indeed! Queen Nazli knew how to wear her diamonds! ;)

Kediva Emine Ilhami in the 1880s beautiful tiara and neclace
khedivah.JPG

Princess Tchachm Afet in 1907
tchechma.jpg_redimensionner.jpg

Princess Chivékiar Ibrahim with beautiful tiara and neclace
princessechivekiar2.JPG

Princess Nimetullah daughter of Khediw Tewfik tiara
princessenimetallah.JPG

Princess Emine Toussun with her Tiara
psseemina3.JPG

Princess Khadiga with her necklace
psse_khadiga4.JPG

Princess Kerime Halim beautiful Tiara
karamahalim.jpg

Sultana Melek
sultanemelek38abdine.JPG

Last edited:
:previous:
Thank you so much for the picture, this tiara is so stunning and gorgeous, what a tiara!
The Queen looks breathtaking, she is one very beautiful lady and wears the tiara well. Her looks remind me of Ava Gardner the movie star of the what I call old days, my days...............
Is there any information on what and where the tiara and the other pieces that go with it are today? Hope it's not lost or in someones vault to be locked up for eternity.

An exhibit is pictured at the newly reopened Royal Jewelry Museum in Alexandria October 19, 2014. The Royal Jewelry Museum, which houses some 924 pieces of jewelry, medals and other belongings of the former Mohamed Ali Dynasty royal family, reopened to the public on Sunday after closing for security reasons in 2011 following the January 25 Revolution, according to local media. REUTERS/Mohamed Abd El Ghany

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

:previous:Thank you so much for the pictures and information. I would so love to go to Egypt and see this collection and in fact would love to see all of Egypt as I have studied ancient Egyptian history for many years now. Watched a show on international history a couple of days ago and it was about Alexandria the city under water and all the artifacts that have been found, amazing. What a intriguing history Egypt has, and so very interesting. One fact I found is that in the ancient days of Egypt women had more rights then most women today in that part of the world have.........

Back
Top Bottom