Jewels of the British Nobility 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Royal Highness
A tiara of oak leaves, acorns and hollow acorn cups designed in the manner of Ancient Greek jewellry, set with a profusion of brilliant-and rose-cut diamonds. Made by Garrard after the neo-classical fashion of the early 19th century for the 15th Duke of Norfolk to give to his bride, Gwendolen Constable Maxwell, on the occasion of their marriage in 1904.

Attachments

• OakTiara.jpg
    OakTiara.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 5,840
Baroness Thatcher crown

This is the coronet (crown) of Her Excellency Baroness Margaret Thatcher
has anyone else got any pics of other well know Baroness's etc?
2thatche.jpg

This coronet looks very cheap and silly (especially for those ping pong type of balls attached to it). Neah, I think it is fake.

So do they wear those corwns at coronation. I was looking at that site Austarlian gave.

Bagration Parure

This parure used to belong to Princess Bagration and now belongs to the Duke of Westminster, England

Attachments

• bagrationtiara.jpg
    bagrationtiara.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,048
  • BAGATIONPARURE.jpg
    BAGATIONPARURE.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,537
  • BAGRATIONCOMB.jpg
    BAGRATIONCOMB.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2,297
Pole-Carew

The awesome tiara formerly of Lady Pole-Carew

Attachments

• CarewTiara.jpg
    CarewTiara.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,293
Craven

Lady Craven's tiara

Attachments

• cravenTiara.jpg
    cravenTiara.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 14,209
Essex tiara

Lady Essex Tiara. Don't remember if it is still in the family or not...

Attachments

• EssexJewel.jpg
    EssexJewel.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3,843
Heathcote tiara

THe heathcote tiara

Attachments

• HeathcoteTiara.jpg
    HeathcoteTiara.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 3,293
Harcourt

Harcourt tiaras

Attachments

• HarcourtTiara.jpg
    HarcourtTiara.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3,098
  • HarcourtEmeraldTiara.jpg
    HarcourtEmeraldTiara.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 3,831
More Westminster tiaras

an old and new version of the halo tiara

Attachments

• NEWWESTMINSTERTIARA.jpg
    NEWWESTMINSTERTIARA.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,554
  • westminster1.jpg
    westminster1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,334
  • WESTMINSTERKOKOSHNIK.jpg
    WESTMINSTERKOKOSHNIK.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,624
  • WestminsterLaurel.jpg
    WestminsterLaurel.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 14,727
  • WestminsterTiara.jpg
    WestminsterTiara.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 2,494
Portland2

Another of the Portland tiaras

Attachments

• PortlandTiara.jpg
    PortlandTiara.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3,174
Last edited:
Spencer

A famous and not-so-famous tiara from the Earls of Spencer

Attachments

• Spencer.jpg
    Spencer.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,865
  • spencer2front.jpg
    spencer2front.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 14,327
reynard said:
A famous and not-so-famous tiara from the Earls of Spencer

I knew it!

first pictures that Princess Diana wores that tiara for wedding to Prince Charles in 1981 she wores it. And she wores at state trips also! and she wores that tiara for parliament also! but she lend that tiara from her grandmother's tiara for her own wedding in 1981.

Sara Boyce

that second Spencer tiara would probably look a lot better if it was made into 2 tiaras. It seems to have 2 distinct motifs going, and they don't seem to blend well (imo)

Powis Tiara

Earl of Powis Diamond Tiara

Attachments

• Earl of Powis Diamond Tiara.jpg
    Earl of Powis Diamond Tiara.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 15,455
Fife Tiara

The Fife Tiara, still in possession of the family (descendents of King Edward VII).

Attachments

• Fife Tiarazz.jpg
    Fife Tiarazz.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 13,980
Marlborough Tiara

Of the Dukes of Marlborough.

Attachments

• Marlborough Tiara.jpg
    Marlborough Tiara.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 16,761
Sorry guys,
those coronets and armorial barings are simply symbols to represent the Knights of the Order of the Garter in St. George's chapel. It's like a signature.
The physical features of the coronet of a Baron/Baroness is accurately reproduced in the top picture.

Every member of the British Royal family, and Peerage is entitled to wear a coronet, with the exception of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II who wears a crown. I descending order they are describes as having the following symbols arranged arround the coronet:

Duke/Duchess: Eight Strawberry leaves.

Marquess/Marchioness: Four Strawberry leaves alternating with four silver balls.

Earl/Countess: Eight silver balls on stalks alternating with eight gold strawberry leaves.

Viscount/Viscountess: Sixteen silver balls.

Baron/Baroness: Six silver balls.

These symbols aren't meerly historical dress, but are worn by all those with titles above Baronet at the coronation of monarchs. In addition to having to wear these coronets, the appropriate coronet is added to your armorial bearings (family coat of arms), on either recieving a peerage or being promoted within the peerage eg: Earl to Marquess etc.

reynard said:
Lady Craven's tiara

Is this tiara still in the family? Does anyone have a photo of the tiara being worn?

I have found out since my last post that this Tiara was sold in an auction. Does anyone have any knowledge who purchase it?

Merca said:
This coronet looks very cheap and silly (especially for those ping pong type of balls attached to it). Neah, I think it is fake.

This is likely a wooden rendering of the actual coronet of the baroness. Such wooden sculptures are common in England (I'm blanking on the carver's name), and are given to members of the nobility, royal family, and visiting royals.

All of those jews worn by nobles and royals are beautiful I liked seeing these stunning jews and getting to know the history of them and who orinigally owned these wonderful tiaras.

the tiaras are beautiful...the information about the nobility is interesting, i am just beginning to read about nobility, I had only been interested in royals before.

i really love the tiara fife tiara..i wish i can keep one for myself

I know Warren that the Alba Family is one of the best know noble families from Spain but what about the other? They (Spaniards) has more than one noble family with jewels, right?!

Ok. many jewels not only British and German or Russian are here
http://www.royal-magazin.de/

reynard said:
This parure used to belong to Princess Bagration and now belongs to the Duke of Westminster, England

Oh, how I love this parure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom