Jewels of the British Nobility 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I'm still learning - who owns this? I need to know cos obviouslt I want to buy it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just imagining that superb Portland tiara encircling my head and wearing the other sapphire jewels from that suite. That gorgeous ruby and diamond ring wouldn't go amiss, either, I'm certainly willing to mix different color stones. ;)

2005 Wedding of Hugh van Cutsem & Lady Rose Astor

The Tiara
source: post #25 Van Cutsem-Astor wedding thread
"Two sprays of mixed flowers, entirely pavéd with diamonds, meet at the large, open wild rose in the center. The sprays can also be worn as brooches. The diamonds, set in flowers, are recorded in the Heathcote inventory of 1786 and have descended in the same family since..."

The tiara is named as being the property of Baroness Nancy Willoughby de Eresby, 28th Baroness Willoughby de Eresby, who apparently was one of the train bearers for Queen Elizabeth at her coronation in 1953.

The mother of the present owner of the tiara (the Baroness) and the grandfather of the bride were siblings, both children of Waldorf Astor, 2nd Viscount Astor.

v Lady Rose Astor & Hugh Van Cutsem
Image cropped from larger pohotograph and constitutes less than 20% of the original.
> the diamond tiara

Attachments

• Heathcote Tiara (Lady Rose Astor 2005).jpg
    Heathcote Tiara (Lady Rose Astor 2005).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 3,487
  • Heathcote (Astor) floral tiara.jpg
    Heathcote (Astor) floral tiara.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 864
:previous:
WAY too tall proportionately, IMHO.

A serious tiara...

Wedding of Lady Melissa Percy, daughter of the 12th Duke of Northumberland, to Thomas van Straubenzee, June 2013

v Lady Melissa Percy, Northumberland diamond tiara, June 2013
Thumbnail images have been cropped from larger photographs.

Attachments

• Lady Melissa Percy June 2013 1.jpg
    Lady Melissa Percy June 2013 1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 6,067
  • Lady Melissa Percy June 2013 2.jpg
    Lady Melissa Percy June 2013 2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 697
I know nothing about tiaras but the brides didn't look good it was just plopped on her head and looked too big.

That is a beautiful tiara, but from the way that she is wearing it, it looks like she is playing dress up. The dress was gorgeous, but the tiara really took away from it. So sad, beautiful bride, gorgeous dress and wonderful tiara, just all put together rather badly.

That tiara is so beautiful! Gorgeous design, very medieval like. It's now one of my favorites.

It looks a bit too large/heavy but its still very beautiful,the veil however really doesn't do it any favours at all.

Ha. If I owned that tiara I would wear it around the house if I had no where to go!

It's just magnificent and certainly a "big gun" tiara, but if it were arranged properly on the head with better tiara hair, she'd have knocked this look out of the park.

Last edited:
:previous:Agree! Let's not blame the tiaras, it's the hair!
Both the Northumberland and lady Astor's very tall tiara would look beautiful with a consultation with the royal Swedish hairdressers!

She needs a hairdresser. Lovely tiara and bride.

typical rookie mistake!

Hi Warren,
Thanks for redirecting my post to the correct thread! Internet savvy I may be, but it always takes me some time to adjust to a new platform! Forums are new to me!

Merci, again!
dauphine*

:previous:
Post #7 on page 1 of this thread. :)

That's really a "go big or go home" tiara. I'm just loving the massive size of it and all those diamonds and pink spinels.

What a jewel of a tiara! So beautiful -it's on my list of favorites now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom