Jewels of the British Nobility 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update on the jewel theft of the Earl and Countess of March?

Its actually quite nice ,I wonder who bought it?

I often wonder who are the people who have bought royal jewels that were on auction. Likely millionaires and billionaires.

I often wonder who are the people who have bought royal jewels that were on auction. Likely millionaires and billionaires.

Yes and if it will end up on back in royal or nobles hand to be worn,it would make a nice starter tiara for a Princess!

A wonderful video by an auction house about the Victorian parure of the Devonshire family. The duke and duchess share some insights about the parure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA16EQGQO74

A terrible parure to wear, but as the Duchess says, it was meant to display the gemstones of the family. And the stones are marvelous.

It seems they are not selling the parure, so why the auction house made this video is a mystery to me.

--
Courtesy: LJ on the RJWMB.

Last edited:
:previous: What a life that tiara had. I read the piece and thought it was probably highly uncomfortable! Sparkly, but uncomfortable. :flowers:

My goodness that is stunning. Need to see Kate wearing that one.

LaRae

an old and new version of the halo tiara

I would love to see Princess Mary's Fringe or the Faberge Flower worn by a Westminster lady. Supposedly its still with the family, but, there are no pictures of it being worn -I wonder why?

Perhaps, one of them will be worn by Harriette if and when she does become the wife of the 7th Duke, Hugh?

They have a lovely collection, but only pictured are the wedding tiara that was received by the then new Countess Grosvenor, the leaf tiara worn by Lady Tamara on her wedding day (and an official portrait of the Duchess). The Westminster Halo has also been worn, back when it was originally purchased.

We have yet to see pictures of the Fringe, The Blue Enamel (before sold at auction in 2015), or the Faberge Tiara.

The Portland Sapphires
portlandsaphs.jpg

This is by far one of my favorite tiaras! It's breathtaking.... I hate when they are purchased by anonymous bidders and you never see them again. I would love to see this on more than just a model at a the auction house, or a painted portrait of a former Duchess of Portland.

I would love to see Princess Mary's Fringe or the Faberge Flower worn by a Westminster lady. Supposedly its still with the family, but, there are no pictures of it being worn -I wonder why?

Perhaps, one of them will be worn by Harriette if and when she does become the wife of the 7th Duke, Hugh?

They have a lovely collection, but only pictured are the wedding tiara that was received by the then new Countess Grosvenor, the leaf tiara worn by Lady Tamara on her wedding day (and an official portrait of the Duchess). The Westminster Halo has also been worn, back when it was originally purchased.

We have yet to see pictures of the Fringe, The Blue Enamel (before sold at auction in 2015), or the Faberge Tiara.

The Blue Enamel Tiara must have been so very fragile. They were smart to sell it. Is it in the Japanese collection, or the Qatar one?

I imagine that the Faberge tiara is difficult to wear and delicate.

Was Queen Mary happy to see the Noble Women with huge tiaras and jewels.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom