The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

That is ONE splendiforous tiara; I remember the publicity when it came up for auction after Will and Kate's engagement how many were hoping, including yours truly, that it would have been bought for Kate to wear for her wedding because of those sapphires (one can always dream!). I wonder who is the lucky person who now owns it. What I love about this tiara is that it's fully closed so it looks like a crown. The model is wearing it beautifully and I love how it swoops down around her head and doesn't peter out on the sides. And, yes, can I please have displaying gorgeous tiaras on my head as my dream job, too?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Westminster Collection

Wow.This is quite the collection!

My favorites are,the Blue Enamel Kokoshnik, the Fringe and the Rosebery tiara.This is the first time I am seeing the Blue Enamel and it's gorgeous.One of my new favorites.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Nobility

I´m seeing th Blue Enamel for first time too. It´s really unique and beautiful. My faves are The Bagration Parure and Fabergé Myrtle Wreath Tiara
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Lady Katie Percy, daughter of the Duke of Northumberland, was married yesterday at the family's Alnwick Castle.

A Northumberland Diamond Tiara

° ° °
-> pic courtesy of Nellie at the RJOTWMB
That is certainly a lovely tiara--but I am rather interested in the necklace, too. It is really lovely--the central element makes me think of thecPoltimore tiara.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Royal Highness

The Westminsters have a truly impressive jewel collection, although I believe their pearl parure recently was sold.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Serene Highness

I love this one, I saw once Queen Elizabeth wearing it and I really loved it.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I really adore the Bagration parure; gorgeous design and pieces.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The jewles at Queen Elizabeth's coronation:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Coronation Guests and Their Jewels

The Cartier Indian tiara is breathtaking! I also love the Portland and the Essex tiaras.I don't like the Spencer tiara.It looks like two tiaras put together!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

I love them all, they are all beautiful.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree about the Spencer tiara; looks like a fusion of 2 tiaras there. I love the Kent family tiaras and the Fleur de Lys tiara as well. All those tiaras are magnificient; I can visualize any of these adorning my head!!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

I know this might not be the proper place to post this, but I cannot find a Spencer Family Jewels thread. Does anyone know anything about the tiara she wore? I thought they only had two. Thank you all.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Nobility

I'm always happy to revisit the Spencer Tiara(s).

The famous one is the one that Diana wore on her wedding day. It was also worn by her sisters Sarah and Jane when they married, along with her sister-in-law Victoria Lockwood. It was owned by the late Earl Spencer, who loaned it to Diana when she represented the royal family. The current Earl Spencer inherited it and also loaned it to Diana for a time, but then he asked for it back before her death. As far as I can tell, the current Countess Spencer has not worn it as their wedding wasn't formal enough for tiaras.

There's also the larger Spencer Tiara (scroll down the linked page). Diana's grandmother wore it to the coronation in 1953, but Diana herself never wore it.

As for Emily McCorquodale, the tiara she wore does not resemble either of the Spencer tiaras. Also, I believe that both Spencer tiaras are part of the traveling exhibition on Diana's life. My guess is that Emily's father's family had a tiara, or she borrowed one from elsewhere.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I did read somewhere that the tiara Emily wore is the one belonging to the McCorquodale family.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:27 PM

Essex Tiara was left by Adele Countess to her daughter (the title went to her step son) the current Earl of Essex is a retired Deputy Head teacher and lives in Torrisholme, Lancaster. Tiara was purchased back by Cartier (why on earth would they keep buying back their own stuff) and was lent to Princess margaret of Roumania for her marriage
Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul992234177 View Post
...why on earth would they keep buying back their own stuff
Cartier buys "their own stuff" to include in The Cartier Collection.

To quote: "The preservation of Cartier's rich heritage has always been of special concern to those who preside over the company...
Throughout the years, this has resulted in the continuous repurchasing of Cartier's...most notable creations.
"

The Cartier Collection is occasionally placed on exhibition. I saw it here in Sydney some years ago and if ever the opportunity presents itself, I recommend that members with an interest in jewellery (especially royal) go and see it - it is an exhibition not to be missed.

v thumbnails
"The Cartier Collection - Jewelry"
2. "Cartier seeks Cartier"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartier Collection.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	285868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartier.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	285869  
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Duchess of Argyll tiara

The Telegraph, 18 June 2012

Airport sells off Duchess's lost diamond tiara

The Duchess of Argyll
, who lost five pieces of jewellery including a diamond tiara at Glasgow Airport, spotted one of them in an auction catalogue after BAA sold it off, it was reported. The Duchess lost a Victorian headpiece and a Cartier brooch along with three other pieces worth a total of £100,000 in 2006.

The items went missing as she returned to Clan Campbell's ancestral home, Inveraray Castle. Despite reporting the loss to the police and informing the Art Loss Register (ALR), they could not be traced until the Duchess, 68, saw her missing brooch in a Scottish auction house catalogue.

After the ALR investigated, it emerged the airport's owner, BAA, had found the jewellery just months after it went missing and sold it to a diamond merchant for less than £5,000. The proceeds were given to charity. "Apparently, the airport found the jewels or they were turned in to 'lost and found' by someone. They didn't call the police even though the airport police had a record of the theft. They didn't call ALR. The only thing they did was sell them."

The tiara, brooch and a pearl necklace will be returned to the Duchess but an emerald ring and pearl earrings are still missing.

"I'm absolutely amazed. I thought that after six years I'd lost them forever," the Duchess said. "The tiara was a Victorian family one and the necklace was given to me for my 21st birthday. So everything was very special."

the punchline (no laughing!): A BAA spokesman said the authority would be reviewing its procedures.

v The Duchess of Argyll; two diamond tiaras

1. The Duchess wearing the lost and now retrieved tiara (with Cartier brooch?)
2. The Duchess wearing another diamond tiara

[The Duchess, née Eleanor Cadbury, is a scion of the Cadbury chocolate dynasty]
thumbnail images cropped from larger photographs
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Duchess of Argyll.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	285866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Duchess of Argyll 2.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	285867  
Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 PM

The two photographs shown here are not of Eleanor (née Cadbury) the current Duchess of Argyll, but of her mother-in-law, Iona (née ‪Colquhoun‬), daughter of Sir Ivar Iain Colquhoun, 8th Baronet and the 30th Laird of Luss - Chief of Clan Colquhoun.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Either way, she had to endure 'Lady' Colin Campbell in the family for a while. I cant even imagine.....
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Majesty

This tiara is part of the Diana: A Celebration Exhibition and i know it belong to the Spencers but can anyone tell me some history behind this tiara?
Diana a Celebration Traveling Exhibit | Princess Diana Clothes Exhibition - Tiara Gallery: This stunning Tiara is one of two Tiara

I think the tiara is rather ugly. Perhaps it would look better if the base was taken off and the top loward.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Here is an article on this tiara:

The Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara

Quote:
This Honeysuckle Tiara is the largely unknown tiara that has belonged to the Spencer Family since 19th century. Not quite as famous as the Spencer Tiara, it's still an impressive piece. The tiara is in Greek key pattern popular at the time of its creation. Diamond honeysuckles rise from the Greek key pattern, gradually decreasing in size from the centre to the sides.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	spencertiara1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	287999  

Tags
british, jewellery, nobility