Imperial Family of Japan Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The diamond brooch is quite nice. I wonder whether it is by Mikimoto, which is said to be an exclusive supplier of fine jewellery to the Imperial family.

Last edited:
The tiara's of the Imperial Family (at least the ones that have been shown to public recently):

HIH The Crown Princess Masako Tiaras - *pic* & *new Tiara once used by the Empress*

Two magnificent tiaras! I really love the tiara set in the Empress' beehive hairdo; it's displayed so beautifully against the wealth of her hair. And I can just imagine that matching necklace as a tiara as well; it's just as sumptuous in its design.

And Princess Masako's filigree brooch is very delicate yet grand in size. Beautiful!

Last edited:
Masako's wedding tiara is amazing! Nothing too little,nothing too much!

A very classic princess tiara!

Last edited:
The Crown Princess Masako at the annual Imperial family luncheon on December 27th, 2011.

**Pearl golden brooch**

The Crown Princess at the Emperor Akihito's birthday - December 23rd, 2011.

**Diamond filigree brooch** - the same she wore on her birthday (see post # 62)

Last edited:
I've always considered CP Masako's wedding Tiara as one of my favorites!

The imperial family of Japan always wears pearls so nicely, IMO. I especially love this brooch!

The imperial family of Japan always wears pearls so nicely, IMO. I especially love this brooch!
Yes, the brooch is very delicate and appropriate for a young woman.

The Princess Tsuguko of Takamado, the eldest daughter of the Dowager Princess Takamado, has interesting pearl jewels too. This photo is from New Year 2009 celebrations. I think the choker is stylish, and it suits 25 years old princess very much.

Princess Tsuguko's pearl choker

Last edited:
Are all their jewels diamonds or diamonds & pearls? No sapphires, rubies, emeralds?

Yes, the brooch is very delicate and appropriate for a young woman.

The Princess Tsuguko of Takamado, the eldest daughter of the Dowager Princess Takamado, has interesting pearl jewels too. This photo is from New Year 2009 celebrations. I think the choker is stylish, and it suits 25 years old princess very much.

Princess Tsuguko's pearl choker

Now that's an intriguing design and looks well-suited for conversion to a tiara. And Princess Mako's earrings look like they match her brooch. I have a similar strand of pearls as she does, but something tells me her necklace is more valuable than mine!

Are all their jewels diamonds or diamonds & pearls? No sapphires, rubies, emeralds?
All official parures which we can see now are diamonds & pearls only.
The official jewels were commishioned by Emperor Meiji, and after his death by his daughter-in-law Empress Teimei in Paris in 1910-1920s.
The Crown jewels of British and German empires were an inspiration for the Japanese Imperial family's choice.
Empress Teimei was 'power behind the throne' during reign of her husband Emperor Taisho and her son Emperor Showa.

The personal collections of the members of JIF have items with different precious stones.
Dowager Princess Takamado's lapis lazuli chocker + earrings

Glittering Imperial tiaras - January 1st, 2012

The Empress Michiko and the Imperial Princesses at the New Year ceremony for Japanese dignitaries at the Imperial palace, Tokyo - January 1st, 2012.

**Pic** - screencapture Fuji TV

The Imperial Princesses (L-R): the Princess Akishino Kiko, the Princess Akishino Mako, the Princess Hitachi, the Princesses Mikasa Akiko and Yohko (sisters), the Dowager Princess Takamado and her daughters - Princesses Tsuguko, Noriko and Ayako.

**Pic** - screencapture NHK

Last edited:
The empress is so regal here, love her tiara! Thanks for posting the links...

The empress is so regal here, love her tiara! Thanks for posting the links...
My pleasure.
I dare to say that all the Imperial ladies look fantastic and regal in their tiaras and formal court dresses.:)

Wow,the Japanese royal ladies all look fabulous with their tiara's!

A row of sparkling royal glitter one after the after; an amazing sight and a feast for the eyes. Thank you for the photos, Kasumi. I'm really surprised that four of the ladies are dressed in brighter colors, a variation from the white gowns that are always de rigueur at these events.

Last edited:
Wow. So much sparkle and diamonds in one night.

Imperial ladies at New Year greeting ceremony - Jan 2nd, 2012

The Empress Michiko on the balcony of the Imperial palace - January 2nd, 2012

Pearl necklace + stud earrings + golden brooch
Pearl bracelet
Her Majesty's closeup

The Crown Princess Masako

Pearl stud earrings + pearl ring + golden floral filigree brooch
One more photo

The Princess Akishino and the Princess Mako of Akishino

Kiko's pearl necklace + pearl and diamond drop earrings + pearl ring + brooch
Mako's pearl necklace + diamond stud earrings + pearl brooch

Last edited:
Is this the video from 1 january 2012?

Last edited by a moderator:
So that is what, 2 maybe 3 different tiaras?

So that is what, 2 maybe 3 different tiaras?
Two, actually.
The State Crown Princess's tiara at the wedding and early years of the marriage, and Japanese Sunburst Pearl tiara since 2007.

The Crown Princess Masako's tiaras since 1993

photogallery
Great pane, Kasumi :flowers:.
It looks as if the Crown Princess has completely stopped wearing her wedding tiara. Now she is exclusively wearing the sunburst tiara. What might be the reason for not wearing the wedding tiara anymore?

...It looks as if the Crown Princess has completely stopped wearing her wedding tiara. Now she is exclusively wearing the sunburst tiara. What might be the reason for not wearing the wedding tiara anymore?
According to Kunaicho, the Crown Princess has an exclusive right to use both tiaras. Perhaps, HIH likes the modern minimalistic design of the Sunburst Pearl tiara & matching necklace more.:flowers:

I beleive she was asking if the video is from 2012 because in your post on the previous page the picture from 2012 is the same as the video with the line up of royals. Look at your post 2344 and the picture. The video says 2010 but pic says from January 1, 2012. Beautiful tiaras indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom