Imperial Family of Japan Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This tiara is amazing and agree about design beautiful very different.

It's great that the Empress can now wear this beautiful tiara. It would have been a pity it the tiara were lost.

Princess Chichibu was the Emperor's aunt by marriage and had no children, so she left this jewel to her nephew. The Princess has been photographed with another tiara, a pearl drop tiara that looks similar to the tiara the Princess Takamado wore this year in Sweden. But it can't be the same, the details look quite different. I wonder what has happened to this tiara?

The Emperor had another childless uncle, the Prince of Takamatsu. His wife also has been seen with at least two different tiaras, but there is no trace of them.

How come they only wear diamonds for galas? I love diamonds but they get boring to look at imo, like someone wearing white all the time. I would like to see them wear some colored gems. Maybe there is a protocol restriction regarding the wearing of something other than white gems? Like the British royal family wearing only white jewels during the mourning period.

Its Their Tradition that their jewels mostly white(Source:Ella Kay's Blog,The Court Jeweller)

Its Their Tradition that their jewels mostly white(Source:Ella Kay's Blog,The Court Jeweller)
If you notice, it goes beyond jewelry: the closer a woman's husband is to the throne, the paler her dress. The Empress, Crown Princess and Princess Akishino all wear nothing but white/light cream evening dresses. Those royal ladies further from the main line get to wear colors. It's all very regimented.

does anyone know if she gets to keep her Jewelry after her marriage...cos she becomes a commoner after her marriage right?

She Keep It,Coz,It was her 18th Birthday Gift That's in her personal possesions

If you notice, it goes beyond jewelry: the closer a woman's husband is to the throne, the paler her dress. The Empress, Crown Princess and Princess Akishino all wear nothing but white/light cream evening dresses. Those royal ladies further from the main line get to wear colors. It's all very regimented.

Thanks To Remind Me.White is one of the symbol in the crysthaneum throne

Beautiful pearl tiaras. The ones I liked most is the Crown Princess Masako (pity didn't take part in the public) and Princess Hanako (the most beautiful tiara for me!)

I like this tiara. I think is beautiful on the Princess Mako.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imperial Family of Japan Jewellery

Princess Yasuko of Mikasa
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/34/fd/a2/34fda2b1468c63a281c3f6d9620f973e--tiaras-princesses.jpg

CP Masako wearing Princess Chichibu's necklace
http://img-cdn.jg.jugem.jp/cca/1704538/20160722_1494080.jpg

Princess Kikuko of Takamatsu's tiara and fringe necklace
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/2c/27/52b5d55382b77b6ad99a2cff7fca6a71.jpg

Princesses Kikuko of Takamatsu, Yuriko of Mikasa, and Nobuko of Mikasa
Looks like Yuriko is wearing Setsuko's (Chichibu) tiara.
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/royalfamily_picture/imgs/f/9/f944a526.jpg

Last edited:
To me, most Japanese tiaras look like that :-/ not looking bad, but somehow "strangely looking" in design and yet very similar to one another.

I agree, most of them are not bad, but just "not bad", and also forgettable.

I also don't like that a tiara has a mirrored necklace with exactly same design and setting, it is a kind of "waste" to me. Why don't make it more different or even just make one convertible tiara/necklace?

Only the Empress's Imperial Chrysanthemum Tiara and Honeysuckle Tiara, and Princess Hisako's Pearl Drop Tiara in CP&Sofia's wedding are stunning to me. (and I adore Hisako's bird brooch so so so so so so much:D)

BTW I've read that the tiara of princess by blood will be taken back after they marry and remake into a new tiara for future princess, not sure is that true:flowers:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom