Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg Jewellery 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her new tiara is beautiful but what is even better is that she is starting to style her hair for each particular tiara. There is not too much bulk or puff at the top that would swallow the tiara but standing it up instead of wearing it as a headband allows the light the shine through and twinkle on all the sparkly bits. And the icing on the cake is how she has dressed the back of her hair - it's a masterpiece!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pZiVW8WBuic/U6jhrJyyegI/AAAAAAAAar4/vkm_bS4WHzE/s1600/2014-06-24-3.jpg

Sorry, that's the best view I have seen but, from the side it looks awsome.

I liked it from a distance, but up close it looks like a rhine stone creation (which I am sure it isn't). The stones must be very small. It is a perfect 1st tiara for a 18 y/o princess IMO. But Stephanie still pulls it of, though the design will look too 'young' on her in a few years.

I'm quite exited to see a new tiara on HGD Stephanie. But I can't say that I like it that much. It is a bit to plyful and dainty for my taste. Yet I agree with MARG about the hair styling, it is exellantly done and works perfectly for Stephanie and for the tiara.

I liked it from a distance, but up close it looks like a rhine stone creation (which I am sure it isn't). The stones must be very small. It is a perfect 1st tiara for a 18 y/o princess IMO. But Stephanie still pulls it of, though the design will look too 'young' on her in a few years.

I tend to agree with you. From the pictures seen so far, it appears very much a "starter" tiara for a young princess, as opposed to something that she may be able to use in a few years.

I'm not a fan of this tiara, it looks fake imo. I don't think this was bought specifically for Stephanie though, the GDF is not in the business of buying new jewels especially new tiaras. It does look similar to the Lannoy family tiara, maybe this also belongs to the Lannoy family?? That would explain why we haven't seen it before.

I'm not a fan of this tiara, it looks fake imo. I don't think this was bought specifically for Stephanie though, the GDF is not in the business of buying new jewels especially new tiaras. It does look similar to the Lannoy family tiara, maybe this also belongs to the Lannoy family?? That would explain why we haven't seen it before.

She seems to love experimenting with tiaras though. Maybe an anniversary gift from her husband?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She is a lovely young woman. The tiara looks like something from the Party Store.

She seems to love experimenting with tiaras though. Maybe an anniversary gift from her husband?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not sure about the anniversary gift idea, only because I hope Guillaume would have better taste than that tiara. He did a lovely job with her engagement ring, I can't see him backtracking with that cheap looking piece of jewelry.

She really looks beautiful, she is coming out of her shell it seems. I love the gown, so elegant and pretty on her, her hair and make-up are perfect. She has always been a very beautiful woman. Her tiara, I don't know, I won't think that it is fake as most people in those circles would spot it right away if it was, maybe something that came from the locked vaults that hasn't seen the light of day in decades.....

She really looks beautiful, she is coming out of her shell it seems. I love the gown, so elegant and pretty on her, her hair and make-up are perfect. She has always been a very beautiful woman. Her tiara, I don't know, I won't think that it is fake as most people in those circles would spot it right away if it was, maybe something that came from the locked vaults that hasn't seen the light of day in decades.....
I don't think that it is fake either. But it looks like a fairly modern piece to me. For economical reasons there are probably only comparatively few and small stones. Nowadays even the royals can't afford those show-stopping walls of diamonds anymore. Eg. the butterflys in the tiara are only outlined, and not filled with stones. That give the jewel a flimsy look. And then the butterfly motive (and is that a beetle I see crawling along the base?) even adds to the girlish and playful appeal of this tiara.
Why do you think that the Luxembourg family is not in the habit of buying new tiaras? GD Josephine Charlotte got lots of new tiaras for herself or as gifts from unknown persons (her husband?) The amethyst, citrine and aquamarine bandeau surfaced during her time as well as the emerald peacock necklace/tiara, the art deco saphire necklace/tiara.

Maybe Maria Theresa did not get a brand new tiara, but there were so many pieces added to the collection by her mil, that it seemed not necessary. And at least she debuted the the antique turquoise tiara, which might have been a new addition. Also I'm not sure whether the amethyst tiara comes in two settings or if the 2nd one was a new addition.

As for your theory that this new tiara comes from the Lannoy side of the family, I'm not convinced. They don't seem to be so rich that they would purchase such large jewels, and also the tiara does not look like a historic piece. If this tiara had been in the Lannoy family before the wedding, it should have been worn by one of Stephanie's sisters or sisters-in-law at the wedding.

I wonder whether the Belgian nobility or a Belgium institution gifted HGD Stephanie with a tiara just like HGD Josephine Charlotte and Princess Mathilde were gifted with jewels from Belgium?
What do you all think?

I wonder whether the Belgian nobility or a Belgium institution gifted HGD Stephanie with a tiara just like HGD Josephine Charlotte and Princess Mathilde were gifted with jewels from Belgium?
What do you all think?
Interesting thought. But would it have been kept so secret if Belgian nobility really had given a gift? At least their gifts to JC and Mathilde were public knowledge. And then I think they might only give such lavish gifts to ladies with a connection to their own Royal family.

I don't think that it is fake either. But it looks like a fairly modern piece to me. For economical reasons there are probably only comparatively few and small stones. Nowadays even the royals can't afford those show-stopping walls of diamonds anymore. Eg. the butterflys in the tiara are only outlined, and not filled with stones. That give the jewel a flimsy look. And then the butterfly motive (and is that a beetle I see crawling along the base?) even adds to the girlish and playful appeal of this tiara.
Why do you think that the Luxembourg family is not in the habit of buying new tiaras? GD Josephine Charlotte got lots of new tiaras for herself or as gifts from unknown persons (her husband?) The amethyst, citrine and aquamarine bandeau surfaced during her time as well as the emerald peacock necklace/tiara, the art deco saphire necklace/tiara.

Maybe Maria Theresa did not get a brand new tiara, but there were so many pieces added to the collection by her mil, that it seemed not necessary. And at least she debuted the the antique turquoise tiara, which might have been a new addition. Also I'm not sure whether the amethyst tiara comes in two settings or if the 2nd one was a new addition.

As for your theory that this new tiara comes from the Lannoy side of the family, I'm not convinced. They don't seem to be so rich that they would purchase such large jewels, and also the tiara does not look like a historic piece. If this tiara had been in the Lannoy family before the wedding, it should have been worn by one of Stephanie's sisters or sisters-in-law at the wedding.

When Grand Duchess JC was around it was a different time, as you have said previously; it was customary to gift heads of state with lavish gifts of jewels. Just look at Princess Grace of Monaco and Queen Elizabeth, they received so many pieces of jewelry they hardly knew what to do with them and back then it was proper for princesses to be decked out in almost every jewel they had. But now in 2014, we are living in a different time where spending frivolously on new jewelry is frowned upon for the most part. Also as you said above, GD MT has so many tiaras from GD JC, princess Stephanie need not want for another tiara as long as she lives. This is just my opinion as I've stated before but I don't believe G would gift her with such an ugly piece after the spectacular job he did with her engagement ring. It seems to me he has pretty good taste and would not pick such a tiara as THAT to have his beloved wife wear years and years and years from now.

Not a huge fan of this tiara. I have to agree that it looks like a "starter" tiara, not one for a HGD. If Alexandra or Claire were wearing it, I might not have noticed it at all. The dress and her hair are beautiful, but the tiara is just too dainty and let's just say, not very majestic. Aunt Stephanie should put this one in the vault for Princess Amalia and pull it out in about 16-17 years.

I've recently been updating my posts on the tiaras of the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family.
Citrine & Pearl Tiara

Stephanie looks absolutely luminous in this picture of her wearing the Citrine and Pearl Tiara. Excellent lighting, serendipity as it's not always the case with on-the-run photos, though this one may be posed. Might be. Stephanie is glowing. Beautifully done hair and her make-up is perfection. She is radiant. :flowers:

Last edited:
SIX different tiaras in barely two years of marriage-sounds like my kind of princess! If you've got 'em by all means wear 'em!;)

I agree Lady Nimue, the citrine looks good on Stephanie.

SIX different tiaras in barely two years of marriage-sounds like my kind of princess! If you've got 'em by all means wear 'em!;)

I agree Lady Nimue, the citrine looks good on Stephanie.

indeed, well done stephanie for digging deep into the vaults - these beautiful pieces need to be shown to the world!
i wonder if the de lannoy family has other tiaras. if so, i hope she will use some of them in the future, but highly unlikely now that she's a member of the GD family.

As I always say...if ya got 'em, wear 'em! Every one of looks fabu on her.

6 different tiaras in only two years, that's the spirit!

I think it needs 3 things to accomplish this:
a.) enough different occasions to wear tiaras
b.) an absolutely generous mother-in-law
c.) a love for the baubles!

Let's hope that she will attend the next big wedding in Sweden. And then there is of course the yearly National Day Gala.

Let's hope that she will attend the next big wedding in Sweden. And then there is of course the yearly National Day Gala.

I suspect she will be in Sweden for the next wedding.

it's true they attended estelle's christening, but i somehow doubt they will attend CP and sofia's wedding.
They also attended Madeleine's wedding. (That was when she wore the citrine parure:flowers:) I think that there is a very high possibility that they will attend.

Prince CP was at their beautiful Luxembourg wedding. Seems likely to me that they would be invited to his. ��

I have a feeling that Guillaume and Stephanie will attend the Swedish wedding as well. Victoria and Daniel attended their big event in Oct 2012, as well as Queen Silvia herself and Prince Carl-Philip.

Carl-Philip is the only son of the king of Sweden. If the HGD of Luxembourg and his wife are invited they will attend. They are too polite and well-bred to snub anyone, imo.

Most likely we won't have to so long to see her uin a tiara again as in early November the german President will pay an State Visit to Luxembourg.

Most likely we won't have to so long to see her uin a tiara again as in early November the german President will pay an State Visit to Luxembourg.
Great! That is welcome news! So with this State Visit, the Swedish wedding and next National Day gala she can up the number to 9 tiara appearances in 3 years.

With other Princesses I ask myself when they will finally wear a different tiara for change. With the HGD it is more like “when will she finally repeat a tiara”? And which tiara will lead the race and be the first to be repeated? If that butterfly tiara really is her private tiara now, it will probably come out again soon. But for now I still want to see her with the small floral tiara and the emerald peacock tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom