Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg Jewellery 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it is the larger of the 2 diamond floral tiaras in the Luxembourg collection.

Last edited:
Countess Stephanie looked feminine. The lacy dress is delicate.

Just wondering, but could Elie Saab be the wedding gown designer as well?
He creates wonderfully elegant and flattering gowns, so I'd LOVE for him to be the designer.

I round this on facebook by My Small Obsessions, it's all of Stephanie's jewelry she wore on her wedding day. She did wear her family tiara and it gives great close ups of her jewelry.

This was the info she gave on all the pieces:
"Princess Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Religious wedding took place on 20 October 2012 at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Luxembourg .
The bride wore Lannoy Family tiara (after: Luxembourg)
For her wedding with HRH Prince Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy wears a family tiara that her sisters and sisters-in-law have worn on their wedding days.

The tiara is composed of 270 old-cut brilliants set in platinum, with a diamond in an inverted pear shape superimposed in the centre. A dozen larger brilliants stand out owing to their closed sets, appearing like buttons along the patterns of leafed scrolls. The contours of the tiara, traced by the arrangements of the stones, are underlined by a thin line of platinum gilded pearls.

The tiara was made by Altenloh in Brussels. Ernest Altenloh, son of a silversmith, created the company in 1878. At the beginning of the 20th century, he was joined by Robert Altenloh, who rapidly established the international reputation of the company through the quality of its jewels and the designs of its silver work. Their shop, first located on the rue de la Madeleine close to the Royal Palace (1, place Royale – now the Magritte Museum), also sold pieces by other designers. Among its clients were the Count and Countess of Flanders (the parents of King Albert I), the Queen of Saxony and the Prince of Ligne.

'Supplier to the Court' under King Albert and Queen Elisabeth, the silversmith and jeweller's shop attracted the wealthy Belgian aristocracy and well-off international clientele.

She wore also diamond earrings, engagement ring on the left, her late mother's engagement ring - on the right. And later on a wedding band."

Attachments

• 277199_366172876804917_1139243059_o.jpg
    277199_366172876804917_1139243059_o.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 880
Stunning!
Love that antique pave diamond ring!

Lucky Lucky Lucky!!

STUNNING! I LOVE the hair and tiara and veil look on her. She nailed it 100% correctly. What a wonderful wedding!

Stunning, exquisite, gorgeous...

Last edited by a moderator:
That were two perfect tiara appearance for our new Princess. (We need to re-name this thread, don't we?)
It was quite generous of MT to let her wear one the bigger and better tiaras. Maybe we will see her sharing the jewellery in a similar way as Queen Beatrix. Hope there will be another incoming state visit very soon.

I have to say that back in April at her enagement when Stephanie said her time in Luxembourg would be "full of good surprises" I didn't know what to make of it.:whistling:Now I understand. ;)

From going-in my perception-from a well brought up and sweet but fashioned challenged young woman.. to the most stunning and elegant Royal bride I have seen in ages. She has been perfection the last couple of days and I will be the first to admit that I was wrong in thinking that she would not be able to pull it off.

I was hoping for a Luxembourg Tiara at the wedding, but the delicate fairy princess family heirloom created in 1870 was perfection..just like the bride herself! And those earrings were stunning!

Brava Princess! :ROFLMAO:

I think they are the same.
I wouldn't be surprised if MT loaned them to her.
They definitely look the same to me too.
The amethyst earrings were thus either loaned by the Grand Duchess, or two identical pairs had been made/purchased. Either way, it was really sweet of Stephanie to wear her mother-in-law's earrings for the civil wedding. Maria-Teresa and Stephanie appear to enjoy genuinely warm relationship.

The earrings worn on the wedding day, are they her own, family matching the tiara or from the royal collection?

The earrings worn on the wedding day, are they her own, family matching the tiara or from the royal collection?

Was wondering the same - had thoight they might be a gift from her father or maybe a gift from the groom's family

Adore the floral Lux tiara on Stephanie and look forward to more outings!
Also couldnt keep eyes off wedding earrings!

All of her jewellery, both at the wedding and at the dinner gala, were perfection. Delicate, not loud, elegant, true pieces of art IMO! Well done! :flowers:

Was wondering the same - had thoight they might be a gift from her father or maybe a gift from the groom's family

They were "something borrowed" from her mother-in-law Maria Teresa, who wore the same earrings on her own wedding day in 1981. :)

Lady Marmalade said:
STUNNING! I LOVE the hair and tiara and veil look on her. She nailed it 100% correctly. What a wonderful wedding!

Could not have said it better. The whole event makes me want to move to Luxembourg and become loyal subjects. GREAT JOB!!!!!

That is a stunning piece of jewelry. I love the simplicity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning. So elegant and so feminine. I was one of the ones who hoped she'd wear a Luxembourg tiara but when I saw this one, I was so happy she chose her family tiara.

It went perfectly with her ethereal bridal look. It went perfectly with her veil and that incredibly intricate chignon.

It should have been anchored more securely on her head, but I loved it! :whistling:

Do you think she'll wear it to some tiara events? Diana borrowed the Spencer tiara occasionally after her marriage. I'd have zero complaints if this showed up at a gala in the future.

For both Ceremonies, she looked beyond stunning!!! Mom said that Stephanie looked like what every little girl would describe a Princess to look like when I showed her the pictures from the Religious Ceremony on Saturday and I can't disagree w/her either. My only quibble is I wish the veil and tiara was a little bit closer together to join up instead of the space between them, but that's a teeny tiny quibble. :D

Stephanie truly knocked it out of the park and then some last weekend. Well done to the new Her Royal Highness!!

Now a question. I'm not as familiar w/the Luxembourg Royals or their jewels and could someone please provide some background and clearer pictures of the Tiara Stephanie wore for the Gala Banquet? Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom