Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg Jewellery 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "Citrine and Pearl" is actually Topaz and Pearl. Citrine does not have the refractive quality of Topaz, as it is a quartz, not a mineral as is Topaz. This tiara's stones are sparkly, so I believe them to be topaz.

:previous: Ah . . . it's terrific to have someone who actually knows about gems rather than those like me that just drool over them! :notworthy:

Thank you Kitty. :flowers:

Last edited:
Those citrines look beautiful on Stephanie's skin and hair. Thank goodness she seems to like wearing jewelry!:p

Stephanie had 2 tiara appearances of 2014:

1 2

I don't like either of these tiaras. The first one looks cheap looking to me. On another note, I hope Stephanie wears the aquamarine tiara very soon.

Last edited:
Compared to her Lannoy wedding tiara, those look like something you can buy on ebay.

The first one is quite beautiful but looks very fragile and yeah, I get your ebay comment.

Stephanie had 2 tiara appearances of 2014:

1 2

I don't like either of these tiaras. The first one looks cheap looking to me. On another note, I hope Stephanie wears the aquamarine tiara very soon.
For all the wonderful tiara's Luxembourg has to offer, the one thing they have never aced is great tiara hair.

While the updo's are intricate and elegant they are no use to someone wearing a tiara as they have no height and volume to balance out the tiara so that it can nestle comfortably on display rather than looking plonked on the scalp.

I think the "Citrine and Pearl" is actually Topaz and Pearl. Citrine does not have the refractive quality of Topaz, as it is a quartz, not a mineral as is Topaz. This tiara's stones are sparkly, so I believe them to be topaz.
It could also be yellow sapphires, even if they often are paler than the stones in this tiara.

I think it may be topaz as well. However, both topaz and quartz are minerals.

:previous: I love this tiara on Stephanie which is a little weird when you think how much I loathed it the first time she wore it.

The tiara itself is gorgeous with dimension, wreaths, and an enormous central cushion cut sapphire that somehow does not make it look like a cyclops! I am impressed by the size and the balance of all the elements and, when Stephanie chose this for the National Day Gala something special happened.

Her hair was the best tiara hair she has ever worn and when the tiara was set it sat at the perfect angle. Complimenting her gorgeous satin gown, the look had a very 1920's vibe to it. It looked amazing, so now on to those gorgeous sapphire and diamond drop earrings, and something around the neck, right?

Wrong! Having set the tiara, she complimented it with her own truly elegant and understated diamond earrings. But then she needed a wee brooch to hold that beautiful sapphire blue order sash. So, one of the humongous Nassau Rose Brooches. I'm not sure which one it is, but it's big! But the kicker is that most of us were so blown away by the hair, tiara and gown, that we missed it. How on earth do you miss a honking great brooch like that?

Well, that's where HGD Stephanie comes into play. Somewhat surprisingly she has the gravitas to carry off significant pieces of historic jewellery with incredible elan. Her deportment is enviable and her charm obvious by the look on the faces of people in the receiving line as she greets them.

Looking at each piece of jewellery and her gown on its own and nothing is very special or leaps out at you. But, put it all together and you have Serendipity.

Last edited:
:previous:MARG, I didn't like that tiara the first time Stephanie wore it either, but seeing her in it on National Day makes me believe it was made exclusively for her. That pearl colored 1920's-30's style gown was simply perfect, as was her updo.

For all the criticism this girl takes over her fashion sense I don't think any of the other young Royal women wear a tiara with the same attitude of confidence that she does. A couple of them(I won't name them-this is STEPHANIE'S thread;)) seem so miserably ill at ease that it's palpable.

On the contrary, Stephanie has worn at least six different diadems in the 2 1/2 odd years she has been HGD and she's worn them all well(imo).

Last edited:
:previous:MARG, I didn't like that tiara the first time Stephanie wore it either, but seeing her in it on National Day makes me believe it was made exclusively for her. That pearl colored 1920's-30's style gown was simply perfect, as was her updo.

For all the criticism this girl takes over her fashion sense I don't think any of the other young Royal women wear a tiara with the same attitude of confidence that she does. A couple of them(I won't name them-this is STEPHANIE'S thread;)) seem so miserably ill at ease that it's palpable.

On the contrary, Stephanie has worn at least six different diadems in the 2 1/2 odd years she has been HGD and she's worn them all well(imo).

I agree, the tiara suited Stephanie perfectly.

At the risk of digressing, I would love to hear who you thought seemed "miserably ill at ease" in a tiara.

Imo Stephanie has never looked better in a tiara than on this National Day. The hair, makeup, gown and accessories were perfect. And she carried it off with a confidence and maturity I haven't seen in her before.

She has worn 6 different tiaras at 8 occasions so far. Not bad at all :D.

and she wore perfectly one of the 3 family flower brooches

Stephanie had 1 tiara appearance in 2015:

Princess Stephanie looks beautiful with this tiara. Her hair was great with it. So this is the second time she wears this one. It was her very first tiara, since she wore it first on her own pre-wedding. It's one of the larger tiara in the Lux collection and I wonder if she had also worn it if the grand duchess had attended as well. Since MT was absent, Stephanie was the senior lady.

Was it the tiara of her pre wedding Celebration ?
Yes, it was. It's the vine leafs tiara which also was Princess Claire's bridal tiara. GD Maria Theresa wore it in Finland last month as well.

Stephanie is wearing her butterfly tiara tonight:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom