The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

She seems to be wearing a low chignon; a fuller style in front would have looked lovely with that tiara.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Heir Apparent

She wore a very low chignon on her wedding day and it looked like a dream. But it was not pulled so severely and you are right...she had a bit of fullness in the front at the crown that day, with the gold highlights around her face.

Simply beautiful.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Unattractive hairstyle for nice tiara.
I agree. Her hairstyle was too flat.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 AM
Heir Apparent

With that tiara she either gives it a bit of a lift or lets her hair hang down like a medieval Princess . . . of course that gown would definitely have to go . . . . it's fighting the tiara for dominance!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
April 29, 2013 - Stephanie wearing the wearing the Nassau Sapphire Tiara.

Picture
Normally I really like this tiara - but it is not a fit to the gown IMO. For some reason, it seems to disappear...... but, at least, we start to see her wearing tiaras...
Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

I am very happy to see her with such precious jewels, I like her taste in jewellery.
The Nassau sapphire tiara looks nice with blonde hair and she has a good way to wear delicate jewels,not only on her wedding day but also for Estelles christening (pretty pearls!). As I am not a fan of big show-off pieces,I enjoy her accessoires and how discreet they are.
With the last gala appearance I think the problem is that the dress does not photograph well,such glimmery-shiny materials looks much better in real than on the pictures.In a shop I have seen the dress from Elie Saabs collection where it looked very pretty.
To me it looks beautiful how Stéphanie wears this special sapphire tiara,it is nice to pull back the hair to give full view of this beautiful gem,however I agree with other posters that the colour of the stone is a little bit difficult in combination with the colour of the dress.A pale (diamond?)stone tiara would have looked a tad better IMO,but I am very happy with her recent gala outfit.
. Helen Keller
Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is a bit "flat" on her head maybe if the hair was a little higher or something it looks a bit lost IMO.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I think if she had a fuller coiffure, the tiara would have really looked well.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I am very happy to see her with such precious jewels, I like her taste in jewellery...
Couldn't have been said better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Normally I really like this tiara - but it is not a fit to the gown IMO. For some reason, it seems to disappear...... but, at least, we start to see her wearing tiaras...
This is actually one of my favorite tiaras of any. Not my top, but for sure in my top ten, and she sure did it justice! Beautiful!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I think if she had a fuller coiffure, the tiara would have really looked well.
I agree with you,the tiara needed a bit more volume to be really appreciated.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I really love Stephanie's wedding earrings. Very elegant, beautiful and timeless. I wonder if they were new or, in Stephanie's family for a long time.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I really love Stephanie's wedding earrings. Very elegant, beautiful and timeless. I wonder if they were new or, in Stephanie's family for a long time.
Love those! I bet they are new. It would have been neat, had they been her mothers
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

No, Maria Teresa has also worn them on her wedding day (sorry but I couldn't find a better photo):
https://www.google.it/search?q=grand....0%3B251%3B333
Old 06-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The jewels Stephanie wore at the Swedish wedding:

Pic

I have never seen this tiara before but I know that I really dislike it. Not sure if I like the earrings and necklace either.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like the pieces she chose to wear in Sweden I am not sure that they were as nice as she couldhave chosen they look a bit old for herIMO I think something lighter and fresher could be less agi ng on her but it is only IMO
Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought that for the first time since her marriage that she was not dressed as her MIL. I loved both dresses. That tiara/necklace was a more 'fun' choice that a lot of what she has worn thus far.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not sure how I feel about her "tiara". I guess I'd like to wait until I know more about its' provenance.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does it matter what the provenance is as to whether it's attractive or not?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

I must admit that I don't mind the tiara at all. It is refreshingly different. This set entered the radar when MT wore it for official portraits early in her marriage. Later it was also worn at least once by GD Josephine Charlotte, Princess Margareta and Princess Alexandra. My only complaint is that the angle of tiara is not flattering.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Courtier

I liked the jewelry and tiara it was different. I think the hair could have been better though.