The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Blasphemy! She could get married stark naked for all I care as long as she wears a beautiful, giant tiara.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
There is definitely a de Lannoy Tiara. I saw it on another site being worn by one of Stephanie's cousins at her own wedding.
Has it been confirmed that the tiara belongs to the Lannoy family? It could as well belong to the family of the bride's mother or mother-in-law. Have any other Lannoy brides been wearing the tiara at their weddings?

Old 06-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Has it been confirmed that the tiara belongs to the Lannoy family? It could as well belong to the family of the bride's mother or mother-in-law. Have any other Lannoy brides been wearing the tiara at their weddings?
No idea...the person who originally posted the photo identified it as the de Lannoy family tiara.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Royal Highness

This picture is from the wedding of Countess Christine de Lannoy & Count Bruno of Limburg-Stirum. I have never seen any other pic of a Lannoy bride. But two sisters-in-law of Bruno have worn a different diamond tiara when they married into the Limburg-Stirum family. That makes it more likely that Christine is wearing a tiara from her own family.

I think that Christine de Lannoy wore the tiara quite deeply buried in her puffed up hair. It might look much more substancial on a sleeker hairstyle. Actually I adore the idea of Stéphanie wearing a tiara from her own family. As has been said before: she can wear the Lux tiaras for the rest of her life.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

What about Christine's maternal family, the (des chevaliers) t'Sersteven, could the tiara belong them?
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
What about Christine's maternal family, the (des chevaliers) t'Sersteven, could the tiara belong them?
That could be another possibility, Meraude . Imo, we need more hard facts/pics to be sure about the origin of that tiara.
I have tried to find more pictures of other weddings of that family, but wasn't successful so far.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Let's hope there is a Lannoy tiara for Stéphanie to wear at her wedding, I guess we will learn whether there is one or not when the wedding takes place.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The earrings Stephanie wore for today's reception (the amethyst ones) and civil wedding (the pearl and diamond ones).

Kindly posted by dbarn67 and Salma in Luxembourg Princesses Jewellery thread.

Stephanie wore a delicate wreath tiara for tonight's gala.
There are not good quality pictures right now, so here are two pretty mediocre ones:
- Stephanie, Guillaume and Grand Duke Henri
- Stephanie, Guillaume and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa
Old 10-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Majesty

Absolutely gorgeous earrings.
The wreath tiara is exquisite; plain and simple.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Anyone have info on Stephanie's pretty delicate tiara?

http://i50.tinypic.com/nf71u.jpg
Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe it is the larger of the 2 diamond floral tiaras in the Luxembourg collection.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Anyone have info on Stephanie's pretty delicate tiara?
http://i50.tinypic.com/nf71u.jpg
As NGalitzine pointed out, it's one of the two Diamond Floral Tiaras in the Grand Ducal jewellery collection.
It's often confused with a smaller Diamond Floral Tiara, also in Grand Ducal collection.

It's been worn by Maria Teresa on several occasions; nice to see she loaned it to her brand new daughter-in-law.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Countess Stephanie looked feminine. The lacy dress is delicate.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Just wondering, but could Elie Saab be the wedding gown designer as well?
He creates wonderfully elegant and flattering gowns, so I'd LOVE for him to be the designer.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

E. Saab or Chanel. I would love to see Chanel!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Courtier

I round this on facebook by My Small Obsessions, it's all of Stephanie's jewelry she wore on her wedding day. She did wear her family tiara and it gives great close ups of her jewelry.

This was the info she gave on all the pieces:
"Princess Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Religious wedding took place on 20 October 2012 at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Luxembourg .
The bride wore Lannoy Family tiara (after: Luxembourg)
For her wedding with HRH Prince Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy wears a family tiara that her sisters and sisters-in-law have worn on their wedding days.

The tiara is composed of 270 old-cut brilliants set in platinum, with a diamond in an inverted pear shape superimposed in the centre. A dozen larger brilliants stand out owing to their closed sets, appearing like buttons along the patterns of leafed scrolls. The contours of the tiara, traced by the arrangements of the stones, are underlined by a thin line of platinum gilded pearls.

The tiara was made by Altenloh in Brussels. Ernest Altenloh, son of a silversmith, created the company in 1878. At the beginning of the 20th century, he was joined by Robert Altenloh, who rapidly established the international reputation of the company through the quality of its jewels and the designs of its silver work. Their shop, first located on the rue de la Madeleine close to the Royal Palace (1, place Royale – now the Magritte Museum), also sold pieces by other designers. Among its clients were the Count and Countess of Flanders (the parents of King Albert I), the Queen of Saxony and the Prince of Ligne.

'Supplier to the Court' under King Albert and Queen Elisabeth, the silversmith and jeweller's shop attracted the wealthy Belgian aristocracy and well-off international clientele.

She wore also diamond earrings, engagement ring on the left, her late mother's engagement ring - on the right. And later on a wedding band."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	277199_366172876804917_1139243059_o.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	286789  
Old 10-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

And here is a cool reverse view of the tiara
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...9_964x1245.jpg
Old 10-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Stunning!
Love that antique pave diamond ring!

Lucky Lucky Lucky!!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

STUNNING! I LOVE the hair and tiara and veil look on her. She nailed it 100% correctly. What a wonderful wedding!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Majesty

Stunning, exquisite, gorgeous...

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.