The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Commoner

Engagement rings are to the wearer's personal style, and that is what makes them so beautiful and important, even if someone else's ring is not to your own personal taste. I think Stephanie's ring is a beautiful style, a modern twist on the emerald cut with the surrounding stones and shape of the band. I look forward to seeing her in one of the many beauties in the Grand Ducal jewellery collection bring on the tiaras!

Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Stop nit picking. She looks lovely and she didn't ask your opinion.

Excuse me? Do all these princesses, Queens, countesses and so on care about our opinion, when we constantly discuss their style in tens of threads? What was that? Everyone here is allowed to comment - come to your senses, please!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Stunning engagement ring - just the right size and a lovely modern style fitting the new generation

Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Courtier

Just wondering - Is her family in the public eye that we know her parents own a lot of jewels to lend to their daughter? Sorry, but I don't know much about her or her family. All I know is she has seven other siblings and that she's the youngest.

In time, I'm sure we will see her wear some of the historical Luxembourg jewels.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Really? Am I the only one that likes the earrings? I think they're pretty.
I like the earrings too, especially the ones she wore the first day, http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mynPkBGRMi...5--637x0-1.jpg . She is quite fair and and I think a touch of colour suits her and draws attention to her face, more than a pair of pearl or diamond studs would do. And we don't know if there was some special reason why she chose these earrings, I don't think they are part of the latest colletion, so there may be a sentimental reason for her to wear these. Just because she is from a noble family doesn't mean that all her jewels she have are "real" and there will be time enough for her to wear high-quality jewels after her marriage.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Just wondering - Is her family in the public eye that we know her parents own a lot of jewels to lend to their daughter?
I'm not sure but as people have said here before, she is a Duchess and her family is one of the oldest and Noblest in Belgium so I am quite sure her family has at least one tiara and necklace-parure set.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
I'm not sure but as people have said here before, she is a Duchess and her family is one of the oldest and Noblest in Belgium so I am quite sure her family has at least one tiara and necklace-parure set.
She is a countess, not a duchess. We can't be sure what kind of jewels the family have, often jewels are the first things of value that has to be sold to be able to pay inheritance taxes, to keep the family castle is more important than hanging on to jewels.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Courtier

^ I guess we'll just have to wait and see, wont we.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

I too love the ring, it's shape, and so forth, but I'm unsure what is the central stone? It appears to be apricot in color. Is it a pale orange diamond or a citrine or an orange sapphire? Diamonds all around it. Most beautiful ring I have seen. Orange is appropriate for the princely house of Luxemburg.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

The stone is a diamond!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

If the stone is a diamond, then it must be a colored diamond? Otherwise the color of it comes because one can see through it to the color of her finger. I love the color especially because it is similar to the "sashes" the Luxembourg royals wear. I will assume it must be a colored diamond...very rare and lovely. I have always liked the Art Deco jewelry which someone mentioned is an influence on this.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

I can only see a colourless diamond (apart from the usual flashes of colour associated with a diamond! ). Are we talking of be same ring?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
If the stone is a diamond, then it must be a colored diamond? Otherwise the color of it comes because one can see through it to the color of her finger.
I would say that it's the colour of her skin or any other object that makes the ring sometimes look as a coloured stone. In some pictures it looks orange: http://tinyurl.com/ckg6gmz , in others lilac/purple: http://tinyurl.com/d5892fq , in this a little greenish: http://tinyurl.com/cnd8tj6 and here it's clear: http://tinyurl.com/cgcmvc5
Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with the comments made that the colors around could be picked up and the color of her skin in the stone.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the further pics. I can see now that the stone is a clear diamond which picks up colors.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
She is a countess, not a duchess. We can't be sure what kind of jewels the family have, often jewels are the first things of value that has to be sold to be able to pay inheritance taxes, to keep the family castle is more important than hanging on to jewels.
There is definitely a de Lannoy Tiara. I saw it on another site being worn by one of Stephanie's cousins at her own wedding.

It's rather dainty looking and features lots of pearls, and sort of rises to a peak in the middle.

I agree with Mariel, the Countess's ring is the most beautiful Royal engagement ring I have seen in recent years.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Courtier

Do you mean this one?
From Royaldish

It's kind of small but would be nice for her to wear on her wedding day. It would be nice to see a piece from her side of the family and since it's so dainty it wouldn't over shadow the dress or anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19953e8.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	285833  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Hi HRHAmy...yes..that's the one! Thanks for posting it.

It's kind of small. What do you think? Do you like it?

I am hoping that Stephanie will wear the de Lannoy Tiara to the Gala, and one of MT's to her wedding.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Courtier

Well I expected it to be a little bigger, knowing that they come from one of the oldest royal families in Belgium. I was thinking it would be more like Princess Diana's family tiara. I think it is very pretty and it would also be nice as a necklace. I would like to see Stephanie wear it on her wedding day, it would be a nice gesture to her family roots. Plus she has a whole lifetime to wear Luxembourg's tiaras
Old 06-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the de Lannoy Tiara would be beautiful as a necklace!

Maybe that's not the only tiara in the family...or maybe there were more but they were eventually sold off?

Yes I agree with you, she has a lifetime to wear Luxembourg tiaras.