Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg Jewellery 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Engagement rings are to the wearer's personal style, and that is what makes them so beautiful and important, even if someone else's ring is not to your own personal taste. I think Stephanie's ring is a beautiful style, a modern twist on the emerald cut with the surrounding stones and shape of the band. I look forward to seeing her in one of the many beauties in the Grand Ducal jewellery collection :) bring on the tiaras!

Stop nit picking. She looks lovely and she didn't ask your opinion.

Excuse me? Do all these princesses, Queens, countesses and so on care about our opinion, when we constantly discuss their style in tens of threads? What was that? :blink: Everyone here is allowed to comment - come to your senses, please!

Stunning engagement ring - just the right size and a lovely modern style fitting the new generation

Just wondering - Is her family in the public eye that we know her parents own a lot of jewels to lend to their daughter? Sorry, but I don't know much about her or her family. All I know is she has seven other siblings and that she's the youngest.

In time, I'm sure we will see her wear some of the historical Luxembourg jewels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Am I the only one that likes the earrings? I think they're pretty.
I like the earrings too, especially the ones she wore the first day, http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mynPkBGRMi4/T5sVTC5PHWI/AAAAAAAAzqc/onkM5EFQ9Pk/s1600/840905--637x0-1.jpg . She is quite fair and and I think a touch of colour suits her and draws attention to her face, more than a pair of pearl or diamond studs would do. And we don't know if there was some special reason why she chose these earrings, I don't think they are part of the latest colletion, so there may be a sentimental reason for her to wear these. Just because she is from a noble family doesn't mean that all her jewels she have are "real" and there will be time enough for her to wear high-quality jewels after her marriage.

Just wondering - Is her family in the public eye that we know her parents own a lot of jewels to lend to their daughter?
I'm not sure but as people have said here before, she is a Duchess and her family is one of the oldest and Noblest in Belgium so I am quite sure her family has at least one tiara and necklace-parure set.

I'm not sure but as people have said here before, she is a Duchess and her family is one of the oldest and Noblest in Belgium so I am quite sure her family has at least one tiara and necklace-parure set.
She is a countess, not a duchess. We can't be sure what kind of jewels the family have, often jewels are the first things of value that has to be sold to be able to pay inheritance taxes, to keep the family castle is more important than hanging on to jewels.

I too love the ring, it's shape, and so forth, but I'm unsure what is the central stone? It appears to be apricot in color. Is it a pale orange diamond or a citrine or an orange sapphire? Diamonds all around it. Most beautiful ring I have seen. Orange is appropriate for the princely house of Luxemburg.

The stone is a diamond!

If the stone is a diamond, then it must be a colored diamond? Otherwise the color of it comes because one can see through it to the color of her finger. I love the color especially because it is similar to the "sashes" the Luxembourg royals wear. I will assume it must be a colored diamond...very rare and lovely. I have always liked the Art Deco jewelry which someone mentioned is an influence on this.

I can only see a colourless diamond (apart from the usual flashes of colour associated with a diamond! ). Are we talking of be same ring?

If the stone is a diamond, then it must be a colored diamond? Otherwise the color of it comes because one can see through it to the color of her finger.
I would say that it's the colour of her skin or any other object that makes the ring sometimes look as a coloured stone. In some pictures it looks orange: http://tinyurl.com/ckg6gmz , in others lilac/purple: http://tinyurl.com/d5892fq , in this a little greenish: http://tinyurl.com/cnd8tj6 and here it's clear: http://tinyurl.com/cgcmvc5

I agree with the comments made that the colors around could be picked up and the color of her skin in the stone.

Thanks for the further pics. I can see now that the stone is a clear diamond which picks up colors.

She is a countess, not a duchess. We can't be sure what kind of jewels the family have, often jewels are the first things of value that has to be sold to be able to pay inheritance taxes, to keep the family castle is more important than hanging on to jewels.

There is definitely a de Lannoy Tiara. I saw it on another site being worn by one of Stephanie's cousins at her own wedding.

It's rather dainty looking and features lots of pearls, and sort of rises to a peak in the middle. :whistling:

I agree with Mariel, the Countess's ring is the most beautiful Royal engagement ring I have seen in recent years.

Last edited:
:previous:
Do you mean this one?
From Royaldish

It's kind of small but would be nice for her to wear on her wedding day. It would be nice to see a piece from her side of the family and since it's so dainty it wouldn't over shadow the dress or anything else.

Attachments

• 19953e8.jpg
    19953e8.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 688
Hi HRHAmy...yes..that's the one! Thanks for posting it. :)

It's kind of small. What do you think? Do you like it?

I am hoping that Stephanie will wear the de Lannoy Tiara to the Gala, and one of MT's to her wedding.

Well I expected it to be a little bigger, knowing that they come from one of the oldest royal families in Belgium. I was thinking it would be more like Princess Diana's family tiara. I think it is very pretty and it would also be nice as a necklace. I would like to see Stephanie wear it on her wedding day, it would be a nice gesture to her family roots. Plus she has a whole lifetime to wear Luxembourg's tiaras :whistling:

Yes, the de Lannoy Tiara would be beautiful as a necklace!

Maybe that's not the only tiara in the family...or maybe there were more but they were eventually sold off?

Yes I agree with you, she has a lifetime to wear Luxembourg tiaras.

Blasphemy! She could get married stark naked for all I care as long as she wears a beautiful, giant tiara. :ROFLMAO:

There is definitely a de Lannoy Tiara. I saw it on another site being worn by one of Stephanie's cousins at her own wedding.
Has it been confirmed that the tiara belongs to the Lannoy family? It could as well belong to the family of the bride's mother or mother-in-law. Have any other Lannoy brides been wearing the tiara at their weddings?

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that the tiara belongs to the Lannoy family? It could as well belong to the family of the bride's mother or mother-in-law. Have any other Lannoy brides been wearing the tiara at their weddings?

No idea...the person who originally posted the photo identified it as the de Lannoy family tiara.

Last edited:
This picture is from the wedding of Countess Christine de Lannoy & Count Bruno of Limburg-Stirum. I have never seen any other pic of a Lannoy bride. But two sisters-in-law of Bruno have worn a different diamond tiara when they married into the Limburg-Stirum family. That makes it more likely that Christine is wearing a tiara from her own family.

I think that Christine de Lannoy wore the tiara quite deeply buried in her puffed up hair. It might look much more substancial on a sleeker hairstyle. Actually I adore the idea of Stéphanie wearing a tiara from her own family. As has been said before: she can wear the Lux tiaras for the rest of her life.

What about Christine's maternal family, the (des chevaliers) t'Sersteven, could the tiara belong them?

What about Christine's maternal family, the (des chevaliers) t'Sersteven, could the tiara belong them?
That could be another possibility, Meraude :flowers:. Imo, we need more hard facts/pics to be sure about the origin of that tiara.
I have tried to find more pictures of other weddings of that family, but wasn't successful so far.

Let's hope there is a Lannoy tiara for Stéphanie to wear at her wedding, I guess we will learn whether there is one or not when the wedding takes place.

Absolutely gorgeous earrings.
The wreath tiara is exquisite; plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom