The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2018, 07:57 AM
Courtier

Front view of the tiara: https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.p...06-2018%20Gala

It just looks like a difficult tiara to style with.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Front view of the tiara: https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.p...06-2018%20Gala

It just looks like a difficult tiara to style with.
Yes, it seems to be fanning out in a strange way. But in the pics below it looks fairly nice. I think it needs a backdrop of hair and should be worn with voluminous up-dos.
https://www.gettyimages.de/license/982450782
https://www.gettyimages.de/license/982439662

Old 06-24-2018, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Best not to wear the Turq tiara flat, methinks. Without a tilt, it looks a bit like a tiara would look if it were shrieking. She looks swell in that necklace, though. The color against her skin and the style suit her.

I think it's hard for clear stone lovers to get on the Turquoise, or any other opaque stone Train. I admit I love Turquoise more in Summer than I do later in the year.

Anyway, I think it looks smashing on HGDSoL here!
Old 06-24-2018, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Luxarazzi did a post about the torquise pieces. Apparently, there are two different necklaces, Stephanie wore the bigger one this time.
Luxarazzi 101: Turquoise Tiara and Necklaces
Old 06-24-2018, 02:39 PM
Courtier

There's way too muck going on with that necklace and Stephanie just doesn't have the chest to do it justice. It looks messy.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not a fan in general and in a close up it's not too bad but especially the necklace isn't working for her. It doesn't lift her up but keeps her looking a little dreary.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:04 PM
Majesty

I'm with everyone who thinks it's to die for, and I am normally not a big fan of turquoise jewelry.

Despite the underwhelming tiara, I think this a lovely and successful showing by the HGD.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 06-24-2018, 10:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yes, it seems to be fanning out in a strange way. But in the pics below it looks fairly nice. I think it needs a backdrop of hair and should be worn with voluminous up-dos.
https://www.gettyimages.de/license/982450782
https://www.gettyimages.de/license/982439662
Now in these photos I can really appreciate both the tiara and necklace. Stephanie wears them well, and she has a fair amount of hair to sit the tiara on. But this time she has outdone herself. Her tiara hair is magical and the tiara is set perfectly.

I have to admit I am a turquoise addict and one of my favourites is Camilla's stunningly luminous demi-parure necklace. To find the GDF is lucky enough to have such a treasure in their possession is wonderful and Stephanie opting to wear said a parure showed just how beautifully matched, and luminous a
rare treat it is.

So I am tickled that Stephanie graced us with the full magnificence of the necklace, wonderfully showcased by a gown with an appropriate decolletage and gorgeous colour. The necklace which is easily as beautiful as Camilla's and the turquoise as luminous.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:43 AM
Courtier

I don't mind turquoise jewels (actually I adore quite a lot turquoise pieces!) and I am glad to see someone wear a turquoise tiara. Not a fans of this turquoise tiara but it surprisingly looks perfect on Stephanie this time. And I just realize it is far smaller than I thought! I always thought that its size is similar to Saxe-Coburg and Gotha's turquoise (that one is amazing on Kelly).
Old 06-25-2018, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Love her hair up and the turquoise is mouth watering I love it
Old 06-25-2018, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Stephanie seems to be a jewels lover who likes to explore what is in the grand ducal vaults. Kudos to that! I think that we can look forward to seeing her with many of the other great jewels from the collection. So far, I think she has worn 8 different tiaras at 15 tiara events.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:08 AM
Royal Highness

Great necklace... and the tiara is really difficult to wear.
I think, she has done great with he big hairdo...
Maybe it would be even better wearing it more as a HALO-Style... this even may improve the overall look.
BYe Bine
Old 06-25-2018, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

She wears them both well, good to see them worn. Her hairdo is very beautiful, but perhaps a much bigger hairdo could help with the difficult tiara. Definitely the big necklace with the small tiara, it helps it all along.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Stephanie's tiara appearances of 2018:

1 2
Old 11-30-2018, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

And both tiaras were by her for the first time this year. She has now worn a total of eight different tiaras.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:07 AM
Majesty

That turquoise necklace is amazing!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-08-2018, 12:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Luxembourg Turquoise Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I find this tiara awful.