Click image for larger version

Name:	steph.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	300356  

Old 05-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I like it that she wore an elaborate necklace, something we get to see less and less with today's younger royals. Having that said, the style of the necklace and the tiara are not well matched. And neither are the shades of blue.

I love the delicate flower brooch.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Majesty

I agree that the necklace is exquisite but I don't recognize it...does it double as a tiara? Is it something from the Luxembourg jewel collection that we have seen before?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I believe it is this one:

Tiara Mania: Grand Duchess Joséphine Charlotte of Luxembourg's Sapphire Necklace Tiara

It might be a pieve that belonged to GDss Hilda of Baden.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Majesty

Oooh yessss! Beautiful!

I wish Stephanie had worn the necklace as a tiara. The one she is wearing is not really my favorite in the Grand Ducal collection as it seems to disappear into the HGD's updo.

Thanks Marengo.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Majesty

There is a particular shade of pale brown hair, as opposed to blonde, that makes the gold of a tiara sort of disappear and Stephanie seems to it. Later, when the sun has had a chance to streak it naturally as it was for her wedding, the tiara would have looked more prominent.

The only thing that gives really delicate tiara's like this one a boost is to place them on top of a killer updo. This is not one as her hair lacks height and wisps of hair are all over the place, partially obscuring the tiara which they would not be had her hair had been dressed by a hairdresser using the same finishing products as those on Victoria and Sophia.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Very beautiful imo. But she looks tired, maybe under strain? Rare not to see her glowing.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like Marie Adelaide's tiara, earrings, and brooch. I don't like the design of the necklace.
Stephanie should have pinned the brooch to the sash. Her tiara hair this time wasn't as good as National Day gala 2015.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Stephanie is wearing the necklace, braclet, and earrings from the aquamarine parure today:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/c6faadcb...o3_r1_1280.jpg

https://s24.postimg.org/ikmzka5xh/Hs...a0e_BAEamw.jpg

A very stunning set. Maybe this is a hint that she will wear the tiara very soon.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

And looks smashing in them.

LaRae
Old 05-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Majesty

Words cannot describe how mesmerized I am by those jewels. They are freakin' unbelievable imo.

Did they originally belong to Grand Duchess Charlotte, or to Josephine Charlotte?

Old 05-16-2017, 01:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

HGD Stephanie's jewelry at the civil wedding of Princess Marie-Gabrielle and Antonius Willms:

https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/2c40...61914586d80350
Old 05-16-2017, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stephanie's earrings and necklace in Venice on May 12th.

http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl.lu/cms...2c63e1133f.jpg
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl.lu/cms...4818c4f80e.jpg
Old 05-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan of the earrings. I do like the necklace.

LaRae
Old 05-18-2017, 02:17 AM
Majesty

Stephanie Sparkles at Cannes | The Court Jeweller

A stunning pair of earrings. Very regal and a great color.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:34 AM
Nobility

Stephanie definitely continues to sail in a winning trail because this was yet another winner look by her! Her hair and earrings look beautiful and she wears chic, simply styled white gown by Ralph Lauren that fits her well. Who would have thought that Stephanie would look as good or perhaps even better than crown princess Victoria in this dress! What a transformation!
Old 05-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Stephanie wore the butterfly tiara yesterday:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Watch of the Day: Sparkle in the Netherlands & Luxembourg
Old 05-24-2017, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Oh no....they juxtaposed that magnificent tiara Queen Maxima is wearing with the weakest link in the impressive Grand Ducal line-up ...the Butterfly??

Noooooo!!

Forget about the Butterfly Tiara. I want to know the story and origin behind those unbelievable earrings HRH wore on the red carpet at Cannes last week...pleeeze!!!

Old 05-24-2017, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

The blog author simply covered two tiara events in one post, not Württemberg Ornate Pearl vs. Butterfly. She doesn't have time to post on each royal or event.

ETA: Stephanie did get her own post for the Cannes appearance but there's no information about the earrings yet.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Style Twins of the Day: Stéphanie at the Cannes Film Festival
Old 05-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

According to my count, this was the third appearance of the butterfly tiara. It was well placed, but imo it looks best wide shots, when you don't see the whimsical details. I hope that she'll wear something else for the next National Day gala.