The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the "Citrine and Pearl" is actually Topaz and Pearl. Citrine does not have the refractive quality of Topaz, as it is a quartz, not a mineral as is Topaz. This tiara's stones are sparkly, so I believe them to be topaz.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Ah . . . it's terrific to have someone who actually knows about gems rather than those like me that just drool over them!

Thank you Kitty.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Majesty

Those citrines look beautiful on Stephanie's skin and hair. Thank goodness she seems to like wearing jewelry!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Topaz (or Citrine) and Pearl Tiara

I love the necklace and the earrings but I don't like the tiara. I do love the oval stones; they are a stunning color. However, I dislike the overall design. But I think it's an interesting tiara nevertheless.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Gentry

HGD Stephanie wore the Amethyst & Pearl Bandeau and matching necklace at the gala last night during the state visit from Germany. I believe that this is the first time that she has repeated a tiara.
Luxemburger Wort - State Visit from Germany
Old 12-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Majesty

Stephanie had 2 tiara appearances of 2014:

1 2

I don't like either of these tiaras. The first one looks cheap looking to me. On another note, I hope Stephanie wears the aquamarine tiara very soon.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Compared to her Lannoy wedding tiara, those look like something you can buy on ebay.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The first one is quite beautiful but looks very fragile and yeah, I get your ebay comment.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Stephanie had 2 tiara appearances of 2014:

1 2

I don't like either of these tiaras. The first one looks cheap looking to me. On another note, I hope Stephanie wears the aquamarine tiara very soon.
For all the wonderful tiara's Luxembourg has to offer, the one thing they have never aced is great tiara hair.

While the updo's are intricate and elegant they are no use to someone wearing a tiara as they have no height and volume to balance out the tiara so that it can nestle comfortably on display rather than looking plonked on the scalp.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:00 AM
Majesty

Saturday Sparkler: The Lannoy Tiara | The Court Jeweller

This tiara is so stunningly beautiful.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Gentry

HGD Stephanie wore Marie Adelaide's Sapphire & Diamond Tiara along with other diamond jewellery to the National Day Gala.

Tageblatt - National Day Gallery
Old 06-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think the "Citrine and Pearl" is actually Topaz and Pearl. Citrine does not have the refractive quality of Topaz, as it is a quartz, not a mineral as is Topaz. This tiara's stones are sparkly, so I believe them to be topaz.
It could also be yellow sapphires, even if they often are paler than the stones in this tiara.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think it may be topaz as well. However, both topaz and quartz are minerals.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Saturday Sparkler: The Lannoy Tiara | The Court Jeweller

This tiara is so stunningly beautiful.
I agree. It's too bad we will probably never see Stephanie wear it again.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Nobility

Luxarazzi : Diamonds & Co: National Day Gala Jewels
Old 07-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde's Tiara

At first I did not like this tiara, but I know love it. It's regal and the sapphire is magnificent. One of my new favorites in the family collection.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:47 AM
Majesty

I love this tiara on Stephanie which is a little weird when you think how much I loathed it the first time she wore it.

The tiara itself is gorgeous with dimension, wreaths, and an enormous central cushion cut sapphire that somehow does not make it look like a cyclops! I am impressed by the size and the balance of all the elements and, when Stephanie chose this for the National Day Gala something special happened.

Her hair was the best tiara hair she has ever worn and when the tiara was set it sat at the perfect angle. Complimenting her gorgeous satin gown, the look had a very 1920's vibe to it. It looked amazing, so now on to those gorgeous sapphire and diamond drop earrings, and something around the neck, right?

Wrong! Having set the tiara, she complimented it with her own truly elegant and understated diamond earrings. But then she needed a wee brooch to hold that beautiful sapphire blue order sash. So, one of the humongous Nassau Rose Brooches. I'm not sure which one it is, but it's big! But the kicker is that most of us were so blown away by the hair, tiara and gown, that we missed it. How on earth do you miss a honking great brooch like that?

Well, that's where HGD Stephanie comes into play. Somewhat surprisingly she has the gravitas to carry off significant pieces of historic jewellery with incredible elan. Her deportment is enviable and her charm obvious by the look on the faces of people in the receiving line as she greets them.

Looking at each piece of jewellery and her gown on its own and nothing is very special or leaps out at you. But, put it all together and you have Serendipity.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Majesty

MARG, I didn't like that tiara the first time Stephanie wore it either, but seeing her in it on National Day makes me believe it was made exclusively for her. That pearl colored 1920's-30's style gown was simply perfect, as was her updo.

For all the criticism this girl takes over her fashion sense I don't think any of the other young Royal women wear a tiara with the same attitude of confidence that she does. A couple of them(I won't name them-this is STEPHANIE'S thread) seem so miserably ill at ease that it's palpable.

On the contrary, Stephanie has worn at least six different diadems in the 2 1/2 odd years she has been HGD and she's worn them all well(imo).
Old 07-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
MARG, I didn't like that tiara the first time Stephanie wore it either, but seeing her in it on National Day makes me believe it was made exclusively for her. That pearl colored 1920's-30's style gown was simply perfect, as was her updo.

For all the criticism this girl takes over her fashion sense I don't think any of the other young Royal women wear a tiara with the same attitude of confidence that she does. A couple of them(I won't name them-this is STEPHANIE'S thread) seem so miserably ill at ease that it's palpable.

On the contrary, Stephanie has worn at least six different diadems in the 2 1/2 odd years she has been HGD and she's worn them all well(imo).
I agree, the tiara suited Stephanie perfectly.

At the risk of digressing, I would love to hear who you thought seemed "miserably ill at ease" in a tiara.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Imo Stephanie has never looked better in a tiara than on this National Day. The hair, makeup, gown and accessories were perfect. And she carried it off with a confidence and maturity I haven't seen in her before.

She has worn 6 different tiaras at 8 occasions so far. Not bad at all .