The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Is this the photo you're referring to, An Ard Ri? It does seem like she's wearing a religious medallion, also familiar from my Catholic upbringing:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iFHvLGQSoo...3124224797.jpg

Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

All the members of the Lux GD Family wear a religious medallion. Shortly after her marriage to Prince Louis Tessy began wearing one as well. You can see it very clearly in photos taken of her last summer at the London Games.

As for Stephanie, she has worn hers even before she married into the family. She never, and I mean never, takes it off as you can see even on her wedding day.

I agree with USCTrojan and Baroness of Books...Team Extensions all the way!

Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Is this the photo you're referring to, An Ard Ri? It does seem like she's wearing a religious medallion, also familiar from my Catholic upbringing:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iFHvLGQSoo...3124224797.jpg
Thanks yes that's it,looks like the Miraculous Medal.I maybe wrong there.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

I'm not catholic -can you please explain what the Miraculous Medal is?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post

I'm not catholic -can you please explain what the Miraculous Medal is?
See Wikipedia - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_Medal
Old 06-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Royal Highness

Well, I do not know for sure but I believe that Stéphanie is a person with strong moral values and a religious upbringing,so I would not be surprised if she wears a religious jewellery. I got a little gold cross for my christening and later I got a necklace with a little image of Mother Mary, it has a similar shape like what HGD Stéphanie is wearing in the picture.
You can buy such necklaces in church shops or receive them as a gift from family members for events like christening/(first) confirmation/wedding etc. It is believed that wearing such images of saints are giving you strength and protection,but of course it has mainly symbolic meaning :-)
. Helen Keller
Old 06-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
April 29, 2013 - Stephanie wearing the wearing the Nassau Sapphire Tiara.

Picture

The spectacular diamond necklace Stephanie is wearing in that photograph is actually a de Lannoy piece. One of her sisters wore it to Stephanie's pre-wedding Gala dinner. There are also some earrings that go with it.

So Stephanie apparently has access not only to the Royal Nassau vaults, but her late mother the Comtesse de Lannoy had some very substantial jewels that Stephanie helps herself to from time to time.

Lucky, lucky girl!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Royal Highness

She looks beautiful! The extra jewel access, is such a plus! Yay!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes, it could be the Miraculous Medal of St. Catherine Labouré. I have one of them too, I bought it at the chapel where the Virgin Mary appeared to St Catherine, in Paris.
http://www.chapellenotredamedelameda...a__Accueil.asp
Old 06-30-2013, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The spectacular diamond necklace Stephanie is wearing in that photograph is actually a de Lannoy piece...
Lucky, lucky girl!
lucky indeed! that's why i like seeing her in galas: she has so much to marvel us with! :)
how many tiaras are there in the de lannoy collection? it's nice she gets to use them as well, in combination with the already amazing tiaras of the luxembourgs. we can certainly expect to be dazzled in the next few years by stephanie...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Nobility

Does somebody have a Close up of her with the Tiara? I really like it very much but are not yet decided, if it is a Piece for Stephanie.....
Old 07-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
lucky indeed! that's why i like seeing her in galas: she has so much to marvel us with! :)
how many tiaras are there in the de lannoy collection? it's nice she gets to use them as well, in combination with the already amazing tiaras of the luxembourgs. we can certainly expect to be dazzled in the next few years by stephanie...
So far I have seen two de Lannoy tiaras...a pearl one worn by one of her cousins(Christine) when she married Count Limburg-Stirum in the 80's and of course the delicate diamond tiara Stephanie wore on her own wedding day.

The diamond necklace she is wearing in the photo above looks like it can also be converted to a tiara.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
So far I have seen two de Lannoy tiaras...a pearl one worn by one of her cousins(Christine) when she married Count Limburg-Stirum in the 80's and of course the delicate diamond tiara Stephanie wore on her own wedding day.

Countess Christine wore the same wedding tiara as her cousin Stéphanie. Christine only pinned a large pearl in her hair, but that pearl is not part of the tiara.
http://s18.postimg.org/mo3qzsst5/Christine_Lannoy.jpg

Stéphanie’s sister-in-law Luisa wore a different diamond tiara at the Luxembourg pre-wedding. The origin of this tiara is unknown, butI would guess that it was a piece from Luisa’s family, as she is descended from Spanish aristocracy.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Okay, thank you Tilia C...I would never have guessed that Christine and Stephanie wore the same diadem, it looks completely different on the two of them.

Also thanks for the info on Luisa de Lannoy. It looks like all(or most) of Stephanie's siblings married nobility.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The Amethyst and Pearl Bandeau Tiara | A Tiara a Day

I love the amethysts but I am not a fan of the design of this tiara. Though, the necklace and earrings are magnificent!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie had three tiara appearances of 2013:

1 2 3

Even though I do not like any of these tiaras, it's great that she's wearing different ones each time.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

She didn't look to bad in '2' but that was probably because she had her hair in an updo that could carry it whereas the other two occasions she obviously did not have her air "dressed" for a tiara and they sort of squatted on her flattened hair.

Stephanie has shown she is willing to fully participate and it is just going to take a while to get into a 'tiara' frame of mind. I have no doubts whatsoever that she will eventually knock our socks off!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

She is very nice on pics 1 & 3. I do not like the style 2, it is old, could be her mother in law..
Old 12-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that she looks wonderful in the second picture. In the other two, I am afraid she does appear to be very much "Work in Progress"
Old 12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

None of them look mother-in-law to me. Please, someone, anyone, post a photo of what a stupendous "modern" tiara, demi-parure or parure looks like. This will be interesting.